Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/24/2020 in all sections

1. There was a cruise ship here that docked in sydney with 57 people feeling ill and 13 with high temperature. 2700 people in all and somehow they allowed them off the boat without adequate check. now there's 57 confirmed cases and one death in the passengers, plus another 21 at least around the country due to people coming off the boat and getting on domestic flights. two of those are in darwin where they are really trying to keep the covid from the indigenous people because they have such low resistance to flu. stupid stupid stupid it's not the apocalypse but I thought this was funny.
    8 points
  2. "你可以起诉这个阴茎" - China translation : you can sue this dick
    5 points
  3. I like the orange one, I bet it smells great.
    4 points
  4. Too late for that. But think it through... Yeah, everyone rather have a staycation than go to work. Many are actually still in panic mode. But we're entering the second week of most the nation being shut down. Many businesses are well past being able to work through this situation. Though a 10 days ago, they said we were 10 days behind Italy, I think we're likely a solid month away from seeing the numbers crest. Even if we cut that down to two weeks (though even a month is conservative considering how big and diverse our country is), that means in 2 weeks we see some far larger numbers, in turn we see the panic deepen, so you really think anyone will be ready to return to work and kick start the country then? So instead we're looking at at least another month of shutdown and an exponential increase in failed businesses that translate into an exponential increase in livelihoods collapsing. Yep, we can certain wait for the Fed to print more money and send out more checks as we all sit home and do increasingly stupid Corona Challenges on Instagram, but this is gooing to progress very much like procrastinating for that college final... Longer we wait, the greater the pain. There's no good answer here... People are going to die. We can try to minimize it as we see nations doing, but at a certain point you need to take emotion out of the discussion and crunch data to form the most pragmatic response to the situation as we can. Seems not everyone subscribed to the numbers I crunched on my Italy analysis a few pages back, but my last post regarding testing should be a little easier to wrap minds around... If we test 100k Americans a day, it will take over 9 years to test everyone in the country. Think about the logistics on that and then ask yourself why the media and politicians keep screaming about how we need to test everyone. Thats not to say that nobody should be tested, but is to say that its hugely disingenuous to see how your leaders and media are presenting problems and solutions. Open your eyes and use your brains, but following the panic'ed mob isn't going to help anyone. Just sayin'.
    4 points
  5. Watch as the COVID-industrial complex monetizes on the poor. It will intersect with the military-industrial complex by having poor kids who can't afford shit to join up. It will also intersect with the prison-industrial complex by jailing and fining the poor and middle class with petty shit. It will finally intersect with the poverty-industrial complex as prices hike to astronomical numbers while at the same time banks make a killing off high interest rate small loans and credit cards.
    4 points
  6. my guy is doing dead drops rn to avoid contact. Also no cash unless you send a video of the cash being sanitized. Not even joking.
    4 points
  7. I’ve been trying to keep more to myself the past few days in my real world life because it seems like no one cares to hear it or think about it, but i think the issues with testing are pretty important to think about.. I think it’s largely a waste of time. I honestly feel like there’s a percentage of people out there who want to be tested just so they can talk about it. There’s also a decent percentage of people being tested that are wasting the hospitals time and resources, and frankly the hospitals cannot handle it, as we’re seeing.. That point about testing 100,000 a day is something i hadn’t thought of, and a point i think is also important to make. I think we’re largely wasting our time with this attempt at quarantining and testing. We will need to shut down for months to attempt to properly quarantine and i don’t see how that’s going to happen and not have collapse and chaos. I was talking with a coworker earlier who didn’t understand the current measures being taken either. The more i thought about it the more i was having trouble shaking the idea that in situations like this, society demands an answer, and they have no answers, so they do the only think they think they can do to attempt to minimize loss of life, because they’re not allowed to come out and just say “Listen. We don’t know what the fuck to do. Some of us are gonna die.” It seems it’d be easier to “rip the bandaid off” so to speak, and quarantine the more susceptible than the entire country. It seems like the lid is already off and been thrown to the wind. But, what the fuck do i know. I don’t work for the CDC. I’m just another idiot rambling online about shit. Clearly these people don’t give a fuck..
    4 points
  8. So I finished the beans and after you give a tejano beans hes gonna want some rice. And after you make some rice hes gonna say what about some protein and so here we are. Pinto bean spanish rice picadillo bowl. It was blurry and I was hungry. Bonus lock down supplies.
    4 points
  9. Cooking with Corona AKA Pantry Essentials Caramelized Shallot Pasta (Shallots, Tomato Paste, Anchovies, Garlic, Chili Flake, Parsley) Lemon Turmeric Tea Cake A friend of ours here who's into foraging gave us a bunch of lemons she got in California. Shakshuka with Feta Upside Down Blood Orange Cake (Somehow my wife scored blood oranges also). Roasted Aloo Gobi Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread
    4 points
  10. Okay just putting it out there in case you;'re stuck at home and need to practice your screenprinting. Limited run shirt for the channel 0 heads so we can remember these troubled times/over blown panic Maybe customise it. with "pass-the-corona-ese"
    4 points
  11. Haha. I like the one where @Fapitalismis just chillin in line getting groceries.
    3 points
  12. Whoever started ice cream cake is an asshole, everyones birthday used to have ice cream and cake. The creamery would get paid, the bakery got paid. Those carvel cakes are pretty good, but that was a dick move on their part.
    3 points
  13. Yeah dude, slow the pace down. Only been like a week. just remember that its harder to come up when everyone else is on solid ground. Its times where the boat gets rocked and a few people fall off that the dudes that know how to brace get to move up a few seats closer to the front.
    3 points
  14. 3 points
  15. LOL, I can picture some chinese receptionist somewhere opening the letter and tossing it along with the latest victorias secret catalog and coupon circular.
    3 points
  16. Glad to see the politics being kept out of the thread, its nice to know there is a place to go and just kick it, relax and not get in any arguments.
    3 points
  17. EMBRACE THE VIRUS 😆😂🤣😆😂🤣
    3 points
  18. Shepherd’s Pie with Kobe Beef & real mashed potatoes. I’m debating whether to just eat as-is, or layering and baking it.
    3 points
  19. 3 points
  20. man this cough aint letting up, now im not even smoking this weed. Jadakiss laugh Also being restricted has me realizing my GF has a way worse fast food addiction than I ever knew.
    3 points
  21. I ended up having to go to my third string weedman due to supply shortages. This guy w dreads got his baby mama to drive him over at midnight... then she and kid waited in the car and he was like wanna smoke, Bro go feed your family w this money im paying you fuck
    3 points
  22. Said it starting quite a ways back... Watch for the power grab. @Kultssent me this regarding Canada. Granted in Canada, you’re simply a “subject” of the “crown”, but profoundly fucked up none the less. More is coming. Watch for it.
    3 points
  23. Woooooooooo! I'm just in here to take credit for my wife's cooking.
    3 points
  24. Fired up the grill on the weekend and somehow managed to make something decent out of the worst bit of brisket I’ve ever cooked haha
    3 points
  25. I’m flexin, I’m just flexin
    3 points
  26. escargot a la bourguignonne going down this weekend
    3 points
  27. The treatment is intensive care for atypical pneumonia. And Coronavirus is the group of viruses that MERS-CoV , SARS-CoV and 2019-nCoV is a part of. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/types.html The current Covid virus might be just that combo of high spread and problematic enough to help people get through, that suddenly there is more sick people that need help than there are hospital beds that can do whats needed. And until we know more, what else than trying to let as few as possible get sick at the same time, can we do? And getting good data on how it has spred up til now must help? Or are you worried that testing is a wasted effort?
    2 points
  28. Maybe. It could possibly burn out and most of these things tend to mellow out in summer. Cure is 18 months out best case scenario, which would be warp speed for the trials and government approval necessary to bring a new drug to market. Also, I doubt this was some sort of conspiracy for the financial elite to cash in. Though they tend to always come out on top, a great many companies and deep pocket individuals are losing massive money right now.
    2 points
  29. a painting from today while the weather is nice, 80 % chance of rain tomorrow
    2 points
  30. Could well be, I'm definitely not qualified to speak to the biology of this thing. But adding the numbers up is grammar school math. Even if these are entirely different, death toll is still death tool. Even when compare it to anything else that takes lives from car accidents to obesity, so far we haven't seen this thing stack bodies anywhere near in the ballpark of what generally kills humans each year. And yeat again, I'll say this... Take it seriously, wash your hands, avoid people and do what you can to avoid getting other people sick, especially old people. But at the same time, dont just succumb to the panic and hysteria that seems to be gripping so many people. Use your brain, look at the data and draw a conclusion based upon actual evidence and not the sensationalist headlines being repeated every few minutes. Has anyone actually seen any significant news beyond the latest dumb shit Trump or whoever has said or the fact that they can't test and have run out of masks after the whole world panic bought the global supply? Probably a reason the news keeps repeating the same speculative reports over and over and over... There's very little new actual news to report. Just my opinion. Feel free to make up your own mind, but try and use your head when you do.
    2 points
  31. i don't have the strength to argue and we are all coming at this from an outsider point of view believing in a talking window is as dangerous as believing in an imaginary friend that grants wishes from the clouds
    2 points
  32. we all need to get it to start immunity there's literally no other way
    2 points
  33. Went walking in the fancy part of town today, nice and quiet. Looks like getting your lawn aerated is and Essential Business.
    2 points
  34. the thing is, COVID looks like, and i may sound insensitive about this, fully designed to kill off weaker people. That sounds fucking horrible, i know, but it happened with the spanish flu and every other super flu that's been "cured" before. It's as if nature was tired of the human population getting too big and the flu finally hit the genetic lottery that will kill off a number of our elderly. This flu will kill people whether we go back to normal or not. and what is the tactic of herd immunity? at least 92% of the population needs to be infected with COVID and live for it to finally die down. so we need to all get infected whether we like it or not.
    2 points
  35. I think you’re right. Eventually we have to start working again or the preventive measures will do more damage than the actual virus
    2 points
  36. I am on board with attempting to minimize the loss of life.
    2 points
  37. That will go down as the biggest mistake of my life.
    2 points
  38. re: a few pages back saw this on IG and it’s a good picture of how to get food off of the food you just ate. Great way to start veggies without having to germinate seeds
    2 points
  39. He's basically saying that as you're learning the basics of letter structure, aligning each bar in the letter to vetices or a vertex is a best practice. To answer your question about the letters L and T (or X, H, K, and R) - he did point out that there are exceptions to this rule as indicated by the letters I mentioned, including the letters L and T. Your sketch shows that you understand the basics of these letters, and understand his ideas about how to connect the bars in each of those letters. Letters like R and K can get a bit tricky but if you follow the YEP example below you'll be fine. All too often, especially when starting out, folks follow the NOPE example... which is incorrect. I think I've mentioned it before but just imagine you're writing these letters with a chisel-tip pen, and it should make sense to you.
    2 points
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00