Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/15/2019 in Posts

1. Roger is a decent human, but I won't deny that his choice of artists in his exhibitions have become predictable. And I say that as an artist highlighted in two (or is it three?) Gastman publications, and one of his exhibitions. That said, I would not want to be responsible for taking on a show of this magnitude. You're never going to please everyone on your choices of who is in and who isn't, you're never going to be able to show the things that true writers see as most important, and you're never going to have a space big enough to give every writer who has made an impact in our culture room to shine. I assume that's why he continues to show the same people and mostly the same content. Those artists are solid representations of our culture directly or as artists who came from Graffiti, but also these artists are easily digestible for people who aren't writers. Personally, I'd love to see an exhibit about bombing, true Graffiti. Like, if the books The Official Bootleg Series and Also Known As were an art exhibit. I love seeing artists do their thing, it's beautiful, but an exhibition that shows the grit of bombing would be absolutely amazing. Eventually someone is going to have to have the real conversation about the differences between Street Art and Graffiti. They're not the same so they shouldn't be lumped together as if they are.
    6 points
  2. Pretty interesting to see how many more people are doing exactly that. Wasn't going to post this publicly, but no reason not to. This week in particular I'm seeing a significant uptick on here. Obviously a few threads almost feel like the old 12oz. Seen @seekingdrop through, @blood farthas recovered her account and is posting again, seen OG mod @sofarokregularly maintaining the travel and UK train threads, @STYLEISKINGstill swings through and throws in on a bunch of threads (be great to see him throw into the Toys thread and keep holding down the Burners and style thread, Seeing @One Man Bannedand @micahhawaiiessentially making the new forum about the best place to look at frights on the internet once again and certainly awesome to see how @Jokerwent from thinking he was just too busy with life to post regularly to almost single handedly holding down the Toys post here thread (freakin over 2000 pages now), and then there's a few new people and semi established lurkers (including @Limeliciouz, @aufand @ndvto name a couple) that have been logged in most days this past week or three for most of the day. This morning saw a massive spike in my start of day activity feed (165 new updates) which is substantially more than I generally see between the time I leave off before bed to start fo day each morning. Based off my own experiences with the forum, I believe the tipping point will come at anywhere between 3 - 5x the current traffic levels, which is actually an exponential increase smaller than what we've experienced in the last 12 months. Not specifically saying it'll happen in the next year as there's just too many contributing factors that can shift this wildly in either direction, but for example, when we released the forum reunion tee, there was a very large increase in activity that has mostly sustained itself since. Crazy that I still regularly get messages form people that are just finding out that forum is back, but I still get them regularly. I do think that the clear (and getting more clear each day) decline of Instagram presents an interesting opportunity not just for our forum, but for online culture in general. Obviously I'll keep pushing to the best of my ability, keep spreading news, likely put together an another tee that celebrates the forum somehow and other programs that give us and everyone else an excuse to talk about the forum (outside the forum), come check things out and register or recover accounts. I also communicate with @Dirty_habiTon a daily basis and am constantly looking into server and software tweaks or other methods / references / ideas on how we can perhaps improve the '12oz experience'. (Actually planning a big site update for the main site so it isn't just an online store, that I believe will make swinging by the site in general a more compelling thing that in turn, should also bring additional attention to the forum as well). Anyhow, you guys should remember vividly where we were 2 years ago... Literally 2 or 3 people logged in and even the popular sections showing threads that didn't have responses for days or even a week. Admittedly it does feel slow to me sometimes, especially when I have a bunch of extra time to pound the forum, but then again when I start exploring sections and threads I don't normally look at, I also come across some really interesting stuff. You guys might have also noticed that I've made it a point to contribute to the content as well. Not just posting comments, but taking the time to pull from daily life and interest and build out proper new threads. I try to think through a topic I find interesting, aggregate a few links and / or files that relate to a specific POV or help frame up the discussion and then release them. Sometimes they take off pretty quick, other times I need to sort of baby them along and cultivate them, but I will often hit up a handful of members I talk to pretty regularly and shoot them a link to go check it out. If I had a little more time on my hands, I'd treat some of these threads like blog entries and include a leading image and maybe some supporting images so it reads almost like an article. Perhaps even convert that into an Instagram post like other news sites do with their feeds so we can pull traffic over. Anyhow, point is that its pretty amazing that we're here having this conversation at all considering people had written off the forum as entirely done back in 2014 or so and it was essentially dead only a couple years ago. At least at this point we can all acknowledge there is a true community on here, even if for now its still a little small when comparing it to the old forum or the major players like Instagram. But we'll get there...
    3 points
  3. This is my life. i work at a tattoo shop. They have my name on the window. Gary Martin painted it, for those who give a fuck about hand painted lettering. i make sharpie shirts for fun in my free time. Punk i don’t drink or do hard drugs for well over 7 years now. im just trying my hardest to be a decent human ok thank u
    3 points
  4. A few things I was lucky enough to see while checking out this exhibit which was pretty well done IMO. Went twice, had so much fun Saturday night and was able to score free tickets to come back and bring my wife who couldn't make it Saturday. Actually took flicks on Sunday, the last day of the exhibit. Complete list of Artists ect. https://beyondthestreets.com/pages/artists Personal fave both art, and general personality wise almost as soon as I walked in. Incase you haven't met him yet Futura 2000 is the man. Dude lives by his own rules very well. Probably should have shot more of the freight stuff. This giant miniature of the Southern Pacific box car was pretty dope. For scale, not sure why this looks like a bad pano but you get the picture. 2019-09-28 18.34.42.mov Cool installation, lots of foreign currency on display. Out of all the stuff I hadn't seen before, this piece above got me really stoked the most. Not that I didn't come across a lot of cool shit I hadn't seen before, this is just so dope to me. Not even sure who the artist is. Now I realize why people were taking pictures of the little signs next to the art lol. Photo does no justice it was huge, I want to say 8 feet tall maybe. Beastie Boys exhibit was pretty dope, a lot of cool details I'm sure I overlooked some of them. Taki and early NYC gang era wall. Right across from Taki, the one and only true pioneer himself. West coast pioneer/original as well. They had the uni's, and the mini's... Took a quick oontz break. I've seen this artists work before online, doesn't do it justice. Cleon Peterson I think. Really dig the style, the use of color, and the confirmation bias I get as an Anarchist. At least that's the statement/message I walk away from it with. Government is violence. Artists that have hands on shit for kids to do at art shows earn automatic respect. IMO these are the most important, and most overlooked people at any art show. Couldn't resist a quick one liner. Lady Pink shot by Martha Cooper, Jesus Christ she was dope. That's all I got, hope you enjoyed.
    2 points
  5. Also remember that time i married someone from 12oz and then moved to Germany for 3 years lol. life is wild
    2 points
  6. My life is photo based. ive been trying to say less & do more. I work a lot. I have two cats as roommates. i haven’t been on a date in over 2 years because I got my heart broken and it hurt too bad for too long so now I keep to myself mainly. I probably smoke too much weed. I get tattooed frequently by artists that I never thought would be within my reach. But now they watch my ig stories & smash emojis in my DMs, so i think that means we are friends. I’m probably just a regular adult. which is not exciting to most..I’m just surprised that I’m still alive.
    2 points
  7. Nyc is blessed, having some good exhibitions out there like: Beyond the streets, Art vs transit (Henry Chalfant) and latest the Rooftop Legends
    2 points
  8. Probably just got to the flea market or an estate sale and buy a pile of junk. Being inside a strangers home and being encouraged to dig thru their life’s collection is fun. Smoothie ($12) and entrance into Barton Springs Pool ($5) then walk across street to Zilker Botanical Garden ($3) nature is fun
    2 points
  9. The Chase, which is my favourite Charlie Sheen movie.. outstanding comedy i love it 😄😄
    2 points
  10. I have zero experience in creative industries (in terms of art) other than the fact that I have to come up with creative solutions to solve technology problems. "Scope creep" is an industry term we use when the scope of a project begins to expand naturally as the client asks for more and more things or the project your trying to complete begins requiring other things to be done first that were planned for. My suggestion is that you intend to be firm and assertive, people will respect you but you must navigate this carefully to not come off like a hard headed asshole. It's not easy for someone else to tell you how to establish your position within the work place (not quite the same as kicking someone's ass on your first day in prison) without knowing your co workers and workplace specifically. I've gotten way more respect from people higher up than me by saying "no" when I felt it necessary along with having good reasons why "no" is the answer. I know that's vague, but I hope it helps you. Main point: having a back bone makes you seem more like a partner than a peer or subordinate. I make it very clear to everyone I work with that once I leave for the day I'm doing me shit..... and not thinking about work shit. I don't want to stand around outside talking shop.... if i'm not at my desk working on computer shit, I don't want to talk to you about computer shit outside. I work to live not live to work, I will never understand people that let their job consume them when their job is working for someone else. Running your own business, fine work long hours talk shop all day if you want..... but don't spend yourself like this one someone else. You only get to live one time, is this how you want to spend your time? If the answer is ever "no" to that question, that's a clear sign that it's time for you to figure something different out. Don't rock the boat. Wait for your boss to give you tasks. I made the mistake of thinking I wasn't doing enough at work, but if you go making it obvious that you need something to keep busy, they will find something for you (and not in a good way). The part that is worse than that is that you may be highlighting that your boss doesn't have anything for you to do to others. For instance, my team is small (5 people) and we have one boss.... there are several other managers that we work with from other teams. The last thing I want to do is make any of those other managers think that our department is slow or anything about what we're doing is "not enough". So, I find things to occupy myself that are related to work while I wait for my manager to give me things to do. The fact that I complete the tasks I'm given so quickly and properly means that I get more time to figure other things out and do what I want while waiting for the boss's next tasks. I'm on an R&D team so it's probably a little different than other roles people are in but the same ideas should apply. I have salesforce experience. I think it's garbage software but it's very widely accepted. I never wrote custom add-ins for it but I did use it quite extensively before. Honestly, I'd go another route if it's up to you. I don't like all the 3rd party "hosted in the cloud" services that people use all the time now for business reasons. Atlassian software is a perfect example of an entire software ecosystem that I think is straight hot trash. I've had some pretty poor experiences working with women in my profession, and I've had some ok experiences. I've had way more poor experiences than not though. I'll say straight out, I'm not a sexist person. I believe everyone deserves a chance to do any profession they want to be a part of..... but I will say that in my profession, there is absolutely zero room for emotion. We don't use emotion to fix computer problems ever and when your chemical makeup is prone to making you react to problems in an emotional manner, it creates issues for people like me. At one of my last jobs, the directors said they wanted "people managers" that weren't technical to manage my department. Welll, here's the problem with that, what we work on is HIGHLY technical and if the manager has no clue what we're doing, how can they manage us or know if we're doing our jobs right? They cannot. Anyway, my last job, I dealt with being under 2 non-technical female managers. On more than one occassion I was ready to walk out of the job because of how they were acting about our technical problems for the day and lack of respect for work life balance. I had to tell one manager that belittling me on the support floor is not something that I'm going to be ok with. I told her that the way she talked to me in front of others was absolutely unprofessional. Of course she said sorry in a 1 on 1, but that's no the point..... the point is that she thought it was ok in the moment to make a scene. I've also had "technical" female coworkers before.... in software support roles. They were ok but I saw them getting a LOT of coddling from males in the department due to them being the only female working as a peer with us. Constantly being asked for "friendly" lunch dates and stuff, guys trying to be cool and shit.... whatever. I only go to work for the money. In the future if my manger is going to be a female, I'm going to think very very very long about whether or not it really is a job I want. I've just had bad experiences I think, I'm sure there are great women managers out there..... I just haven't worked with them yet. Now, one last thing.... now that I'm in an R&D dept, I'm working with a different caliber of professionals. The women that work here as software engineers are smarter than I am when it comes to writing code..... and they don't act like a bunch of hormone driven kiddos. It's nice and comforting, I would probably be ok with working under one of them because I know they think logically and rationally about problems. @auf- my suggestion on the "saying thanks" thing is ..... for one, don't say "thanks". It's lazy and sounds like you aren't really all that grateful. "Thank you" is what you should say when you intend to express gratefulness for something someone has done for you. With that said, I'd use good manners in the professional space all the time. It will get you much further in life and people within earshot will recognize that you're not a cave person when it comes to the pleasantries of communicating with others. The best tip i could give you for navigating difficult coworkers is to focus on your work and minimize the damage they can cause to your progress. This comes in many forms from distractions, long conversations that don't have to do with work, the coworker that constantly complains about SOMETHING, the guy that takes 4 cig breaks every hour, etc..... avoid all that shit and you'll shine in the eyes of your superiors if they're not morons.
    2 points
  11. Smoke crack, lose your job, house, wife and kids and spiral down into a living hell. Stonks
    2 points
  12. I finally kicked it. From a hobby standpoint I am losing a ton of connections, but on a cell phone addiction/reliance front I am fucking thrilled. Hopefully the old paint thread will gain some traction if I keep it bumping, but I fear it might wind up just being a personal thread.
    2 points
  13. @STYLEISKINGI know there is a fair amount of politics in the artists' invitations, too. Cope2 threatened to beat me up because I made fun of him for not being allowed in. And then actually had a conversation with dude about it. Like you said, it seems to be a gastman history of graffiti, not necessarily a complete one. All that said, I wish I could have made it. Oh well, a few cans that I dug up were on that wall.
    2 points
  14. 2 points
  15. @Schnitzelbrought up a great point in the Beyond The Streets thread. Henry Chalfant's work will be on display in the Bronx Museum for a few months this winter. With that said, this is probably a must see for anyone visiting NYC. First off, about he Bronx museum. There are only 3 museums I really dig in NYC, the Brooklyn Museum of Art, The Queens Museum, and the Bronx Museum mostly because they tend to focus on living artists, or obscure artists. Blasphemy for an anarchist like myself since they're government funded but I have to keep it real, the museums are dope AF sometimes. First time I went to Bronx Museum was for Wayne Lawrence, a local photographer who got pretty famous when he made this killer book of photos taken at Orchard Beach in the BX. I didn't get his book, but @STAN51was smart enough to get one signed by him at that show. Not much to say about the museum itself, I don't know anyone who works there, and have never been involved myself unlike the BK/Queens museums. The museum itself is in the heart of the South Bronx not too far from the "writers bench" on Grand Concourse. Believe it on not, I walked away from that show with a new found appreciation, and love for the South Bronx. After the show, we wandered around still kind of high from seeing a photographer like Wayne finally make it, and scoping out the amazing artwork (photographs) on display. We ended up in this newly built park next to Yankee's Stadium where kids actually had "drift" remote control cars and were racing them on a track made for it in the park. For some reason what I was seeing that day didn't fit my picture of South Bronx, but at the same time it did 100% if that makes any sense. Hard to admit, but I got more from the museum showcasing the Bronx that day than I did from the actual work. Guess from living rough areas myself growing up, and having friends that grew up there and listening to their stories, I always felt like it was an unfortunate circumstance to have to grow up in that hood. I just failed to see the massive positives. Something flipped in my mind that day and made me feel kids were lucky to be able to grow up there. @STAN51and I were there on a long MTA mission from Queens, and didn't link with any of the South Bronx locals that day as per our usual routine since we both had dates. No matter, everyone we came across roaming the streets was cool as fuck, even to Stan who was probably the only token white person around. Granted, Stan isn't your typical white boy, but we got nothing but good vibes that day. Chilling there now, and smoking weed in the park, and cheap beers in brown bags has become a must do tradition for me every time I go now, solo mission or not. Either to the museum or Yankee's stadium which is close by. I always walk away with a bit more inspiration than I arrived with. Probably my favorite "hidden feature" of the Bronx Museum is it's location. Hope to share some of that with some of you, so if anyone wants to link up for this let me know.
    1 point
  16. I was hoping this would be a place that we can seek professional input from one another. There are plenty of talented people here and we can use our community to help each other. Bounce estimates around to see if costs are reasonable, help with DIY projects, real life connections if doable - basically a place to seek and share professional input or collaboration. For example: @Mercer - you work as an electrician, right? Yesterday I was upgrading the security light on my front porch. I switched off the breaker but it still seemed like I got a small shock when I came in contact with the black wire. Is there residual power left over even if a circuit is turned off?
    1 point
  17. What’s the one where he car jacks a hottie using a butterfinger 😂
    1 point
  18. Not sure man. Has to be a huge liability for a corporation with massively deep pockets. Seriously doubt the dozen or so cars camped in the lot even hint at scratching the surface of sales for a mega store like that.
    1 point
  19. @kults - that one you posted looks like it's about to fall apart from rust! Look how bad the kick panels along the bottom are, wow.... surprised that thing is driving lol. Due to the influx of new drifters in Austin, our local Walmart (which I avoid like the plague regularly anyway) is now being used quite heavily for extended stay camper people. This got me to thinking, really.... given Walmart's business model.... it makes sense to let people sleep in the parking lot. When they need something they go inside walmart and buy it. Keep your customers living in the parking lot, solid!
    1 point
  20. 2 for one sushi 8 dollars. 6 dollar movie, sun-tue. 2 2 dollar hollers at the bar afterwards (with a shitty tip) (my area only) (helluva bang for 20 dollars) (could be wrong I’m fucking retarded in math)
    1 point
  21. Is MySpace even accessible 🧐🧐🧐
    1 point
  22. I have seen it but can’t remember the name...
    1 point
  23. I do not, but try https://www.lynda.com/Salesforce-com-training-tutorials/6051-0.html
    1 point
  24. So while browsing YouTube for random videos I find interesting (This time a rabbit hole that began with SpaceX and ended up with an in depth analysis on long term space travel and the complications of artificial gravity from the perspective of mass, volume, cost and the coriolis affect), I came up on and ad for a free online course that caught my eye. I used to be a big fan of educational podcasts years ago and somehow lost sight of them. iTunes University was the first implementation I saw, where you could literally sit in on courses... Hear all the lecture, often get reading assignments and coursework, book lists, and sometimes even the tests... From major Universities like Harvard and Stanford and so many others. Literally you're getting as close to a top end Ivey League education as you can get without the social experience and college degree. Sure you also don't necessarily get the study groups or personal instruction one might find in a classroom, but then again, you also don't get hit with the $50k+ a year tuition bill and student loans either. Anyhow, we've touched on this in other threads, but I'll mention again that in my own personal experience, where I went to college and what degree I earned, came up in precisely one employer conversation in my entire life. I already had the job and it was more of a "getting to know me" type chat than a job interview or prerequisite. I'm not saying that all professions are like this or that you youngin's reading will experience the same thing, but as an employer and as someone friends with any other employers big and small and after a boat load of related conversations on this subject with a huge diversity of people, it seems to me that people are largely hired based upon their potential to solve a problem for the company hiring them. The ones that stick around and are successful are the individuals that distinguish themselves and provide a larger return on that companies investment in hiring and maintaining your employment, than the other average employees. To clue you guys in, there's a simple formula most employers follow in that a person being hired, needs to return 3x what they're being paid in salary, in order for that to be a qualified business decision. This is because besides a salary, they need to factor in the taxes they pay for your employment, benefits, etc... right down to your chair, desk, computer, percentage of the utilities and even your training / instruction. So should be obvious that if you distinguish yourself and then later follow up with tangible evidence that shows you provide an above average return on your employment in comparison to others in your position, then you'll very rarely, if ever, need to worry about getting let go. In fact, most likely, you'll be incentivized with more flexibility, better pay and other benefits. Anyhow, I'm straying into the basics of capitalism here, but point I wanted to make is that whereas college can be an important step towards financial success, its very likely that it is not the end all, be all that society has brainwashed people into believing. What matters most, IMO, is that you have a valid skill set, an ability to work through problems (including gaps in your knowledge and experience) and never stop learning and improving yourself. If nothing else, deep and / or specific knowledge makes you a more interesting person. Maybe it'll even get you laid, when applied in the right situation. So I'll drop a few links that I've found to be exceptional in this regard and encourage you all to share what you've come up on as well. Perhaps we can elevate the overall IQ to the 12oz think tank we got going on. ---------- Math was something I struggled with in school, mostly because the way it was being taught simply didn't connect with me. I eventually overcame that by landing the right math teacher. Anyhow, the absolute best place I've found short of that teacher (or maybe even beyond) is Kahn Academy... https://www.khanacademy.org Kahn Academy is 100% free and truly exceptional in teaching both simple and advanced math and some science. They also have some amazing test prep that rivals even the most expensive paid programs. In regards to computer programs and specifically creative programs like the Adobe suite of programs, I probably know this stuff better than just about anyone (at least Illustrator and Photoshop). I've been using both since the time when Photoshop was just bought by Adobe, had no layers and came on like a dozen floppy disks. I've been using Illustrator since literally the last century. Anyhow, for thew fuck of it, I took some courses on https://www.lynda.com/ and the lessons were exceptional. I learned a bunch myself and honestly couldn't imagine it taught any better. Seriously as good as it gets and can only assume the other lessons on there are just as great. Sorry guys its not free, but if you hunt around you can find coupon codes for a free month. ---------- So here's an awesome little course that I took this weekend. (The ad that popped up while watching YouTube). Anyhow, its a very simple 10 part series that is basically like 1.5 hour lecture / QA done by the president of Hilldale College who is also a professor of politics and history there. He's an easy and entertaining orator and the lector / lesson is super simple to follow. In fact, I watched all 10 in 1 easy sitting and wished that that it was much more in depth. Anyhow, its a great primer or way to brush up if you're interested in the subject. Sort of made me miss college or perhaps youth in general. Anyhow, I really liked it and will make some efforts to dig around and see what more I can find on the subject. https://online.hillsdale.edu/courses/constitution-2017/lesson-01/lesson-1 (Study guide: https://online.hillsdale.edu/file/intro-to-constitution-2017/Intro-To-The-Constitution-Study-Guide-2017.pdf). There is also a companion book you cvan buy for $100 or so, which helps support the college and I assume will dive much deeper into the subject as well. Anyhow, sounds like a lot, but consider what taking a course like that would cost otherwise. ---------- So I'll leave you guys with that as a starting point. I know many of you guys have mentioned continuing education or online education, so lets see where this thread takes us. Personally, I've really tried to find time to deep dive into American history and especially the events and context that led to the founding of the United States. I've kicked off and participated in a lot of 2A discussions because, A. I really enjoy guns / shooting personally, but more importantly, B. It serves as an incredible vehicle to discuss and explore the subject of individual freedom, as well as individual responsibility. Here's some links to those conversations if you're interested. 2nd ammendment being justified by 2020 candidates Politics and Guns - Presidential Debate THIS IS AMERICA. SANDY HOOK BACK TO SCHOOL PSA Social experiment : 🔫 Mass Public Shootings Anyhow, looking forward to seeing what you guys have come across or what you guys uncover with all this.
    1 point
  25. Update: Will get flat blk spray and then dry brush w silver or bronze color
    1 point
  26. me personally would like to see more "StyleWriting" in the show a lot of writers are left out and deserved to be presented there, but it all comes down to Roger Gastman taste...
    1 point
  27. Acting like I don’t wanna be drinking real beers. The experimenting is quite delicious though...Especially into the cbd stuff.
    1 point
  28. Felt like a fuckin sandstorm in Egypt !!
    1 point
  29. Colette x undefeated x lamjc new balance
    1 point
  30. Viotech's this fall. Let a lot of releases slide this year but this won't be one 😤
    1 point
  31. 1 point
  32. Any tips on healthy ways to set boundaries at work? Clients/ Higher ups, all that. Learning to say no more often but realized I can be a little snarky after some "new details" or wants emerge. I guess I really need tips on keeping emotions intact and segregated while navigating through creative industries. I have no patience when it comes to other parts of a "team" being lazy and not taking accountability and I often find myself succumbing to stress and anger.
    1 point
  33. Trying to get my camera situated so I can flood y'all with the big dawgs I've been snaggin on the line !! #phonebenched
    1 point
  34. @fat ralphyThe circuit you're working on is either: a) not on a breaker at all (dangerous AF), or more likely just on another mislabeled breaker. Either way the important thing to remember here is that circuit is live, don't touch it until you get it shut off properly. For reference: Black wire: 110v hot (ouch) White wire: 110v neutral (also ouch) the green/bare copper wire: ground (no ouch). I'd either shut everything down as @aimersaid, and then test to make sure it's off by grabbing the exposed wire with your bare hands (just kidding don't, you'll die and it will be very painful) while standing in a puddle, or using electrical test equipment like a meter to make sure it's off before proceeding, risking your life, or risking your arm again like Kase 2. Although it wouldn't be a bad look to be the first one armed Purple Belt king of Styyyyyyyle.
    1 point
  35. Electrician here - If you're getting zapped then the circuit is definitely still live, as @misteravensaid its definitely worth getting a cheap mulitmeter to check the circuit it dead before working on it. Sometimes its easier/quicker to just turn off the main switch/whole house rather that tracking down the individual circuit, but always worth testing first I've worked on some sketchy houses thinking they were off but they were stealing power from the neighbours and had live cables everywhere still
    1 point
  36. Suggest you get a voltage meter or something to verify “hot” wires. I used a tool from hole depot that cost like $5 to verify power way cut before working on wires.
    1 point
  37. I’m not an electrician but have done some advanced electrical work setting up the screen printing stuff. No, if you cut the circuit breaker, then all power is cut. For “residual” power, you’d need a battery or capacitor to store it. Wires conduct electricity but cannot store it.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00