Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/13/2019 in all sections

1. MY BROTHER AND I HAVE MADE 2 OF THESE SO FAR TO HOUSE MY BLU-RAY AND DVD COLLECTION. JUST FINISHED STAINING THIS ONE. WE NEED TO MAKE AT LEAST 2 MORE. MAYBE 4.
    2 points
  2. On the surface yes, but in practice the US government actively discourages freedom/rights, especially for it's own citizens.
    2 points
  3. Update: Will get flat blk spray and then dry brush w silver or bronze color
    2 points
  4. Graduated with a poli sci bachelors degree, worked for various campaigns for both parties. In between campaigns I worked for various 401 3c's to pay the bills. I met a lot of cool people that were passionate about their work, also met a lot of assholes who basically were involved because mom and dad were financial contributors and needed someone to babysit them. I basically started as an analyst and strategist, breaking down information so we could allocate funds in areas that would have the greatest positive impact on the campaign or fundraiser. On the side I worked with a friend in the moving and logistics business. Started as a laborer and gained respect from my ability to run large commercial jobs. later on I would get promoted to an operations manager and oversee multiple projects and make sure we were profitable. it was a really stressful job that was 24/7 but it always felt good to complete a job successfully. Now I'm at a new company were I basically make sure my drivers are doing whats required of them, fill out a form while I ride passenger with them and file it at the end of the day. Easiest job ever and i make Bank, and my only complaint is it gets boring a lot of times
    2 points
  5. The other day the power went out in the Magic Mouse that I was using. I thought it was the batteries so I changed them but no go. Closer inspection revealed that one of the POS(+) contacts was unstable. The mushroom head of the plastic rivet has sheered off. This allowed the contact to flap away from the battery instead of resistance for positive contact. This link shows how to take one of these apart without breaking it. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Magic+Mouse+Teardown/1240 I cut and folded a piece of cardboard and wedged in between the back of the contact and another component. Pictures and captions below: 1) POS(+) contact flaps away from battery. 2) Looking behind the good contact reveals the type of assembly and that the broken side was sheered off to a peg. 3) Folded piece of cardboard wedged in there. 4) Batteries in for testing before complete re-assembly. 5) Switched on, green LED confirms power source restoration.
    2 points
  6. some random Bedrolls/Swags stashed in the bush went home to report Koala sighting and of course the train I was waiting for went through took the kids up to see Koala because it gets them away from house did some school holiday homework with my son. he's learning to write and has been filling books slowly with random words so I thought I'd have a laugh. wife not very impressed kids wanted to have a boogie and it was 92 degrees outside so youtube ( yes Justin timberlake on the screen - no point in hiding it ) making chicken katsu for dinner - bit heavy on the crumbs flipped up the lid of the vegie scraps bin and killed a fly on the window behind it. couldn't achieve that deliberately in lifetime of trying sister in law came over so back to show Koala one more time this time little fella was further up the tree from mum debating about trying to get to NYC to see this Henry Chalfant thing. mate of mine got green light off his wife so now I have to work on mine. anyways hope you liked.
    2 points
  7. So I've wanted to get this going for a while and finally have time. I appreciate all the knowledge and conversation of the old thread, but with all the hiccups over the years, it is a wasteland of broken links, missing pictures, and conversations out of context and order. I plan on curating and pulling quotes of knowledge from the original as I find them going back through the 200 some pages, there is some real knowledge that needs to be maintained. I hope that 12 oz can again become a place of conversation about this outside of Instagram. Long term I'd love to see multiple threads talking about different facets of this hobby. IG will on occasion have some good conversation, but the whole thread is lost and pushed back by nonsensical algorithms and accounts going private. Maybe this will just end up being where I post my crap since leaving IG, only time will tell. @bruce_mrkhas been bugging me to see more grenades from my vault for a minute, so I'll start with that and try to keep this updated on the regular.
    1 point
  8. @Schnitzel dig those yellow iris, got some purple ones pushing up now too, next to the hops bines.
    1 point
  9. That's exactly it. Years ago I was googling product marketing for my business as I wasn't sure what directions I wanted to take in establishing diversity. So during my google search on product development and marketing I was becoming more interested in the psychological side of marketing which also led me to look at the products functionality, demographic, and long term use from the consumer aspect. As I am searching I found myself going further down the rabbit hole which ultimately led me to a starting point of the Rothschild Family and specifically speaking Adam Weishaupt ideology and/or illusion. Long story short (this crap again)... I began to question more so, why do some products/services become mass success and other products struggle to never take off and eventually die away. When I started questioning great products that never took off I would begin to evaluate the use and psychological implications it had if any. Now I see a whole lot of what you said in almost ever thing from products, services, content, to political manipulation on the masses. However, come to think of it, I could honestly say that I seen this a decade before my startup product marketing searches began due to past experience which basically I had my right of voting taken away for a brief moment. During that moment of silence, (silence is sometimes the best answer). It allowed me to sit back and really listen to all of the candidates from both sides, (and hell! even the rare running, Independent) from all levels of office fulfillment from local, state, to federal. The more I listened the more I began to hear the same lies, deceptive practices from all candidates with choice of different words were the hammer that fired the same ammunition to hit the same target. *If you are a Mayor, Senator, Congress Member, to POTUS and you are reading this. THANK YOU, FAGGOT! You didn't take a right away, because there was nothing to vote for to begin with. 😉 I guess what my "long story short" is is that each country has their own form of fascism and depending on the the initial liberties given (if any at all) during establishment will determine the evolution of such foundation and out come what empires last, how long they last, and ultimately how they fall. P.S. to all: Wanna hear something cool? That's cool too, I am going to tell you anyways. So to go back on the effects of not voting, two years ago I got my parents to stop voting because of me explaining to them about what I began to see when I couldn't vote. Yeah, they don't vote any more. Very Cool! So again, Thank you, FAGGOTS! Ha! Tables turned Queer! Don't ask me how all of this ties together, I don't know, you're asking someone with self-diagnosed aspergers.
    1 point
  10. Also, not that it matters because my wife actually helps me post this stuff here and loves this thread, but most credit goes to her. Weird but we don't really think of each other as separate entities and looking back through this thread it looks like I'm taking all the credit when most of it should go to her. She's really opened me up to approaching food as an art, which it is, and a very important one to boot. Anyway, We've (by that I mean she's) been really into making sourdough. There's actually a cool underground network of people baking/selling it under the table. Queens is actually a hotbed for this type of community. We're supposed to pick a loaf up from someone this week where you make a pre-order, and go to their building on the designated day, hit them up and wait for them to come down from their apartment to sell it to you. I love underground tax free shit like this so I'm stoked. Everything operates on word of mouth, some bakers even recommend others which is how we're finding out about this stuff. Anyway got a loaf last week so good. This one came from Jackson Heights in Queens, sourdough baked with cranberries, holy shit it was amazing. Looks darker than what it is, I personally hate "whole wheat/wheat" bread. I know it's healthier supposedly but just not my thing. I grew up on cheap ass white bread and never got on board with the heavier stuff. My wife is the opposite, prefers whole wheat, and would puke probably if given a slice of wonderbread, lol. Anyway, this loaf pictured below from Jackson Heights was so dope it got a 10 from both of us, which up until then I thought would be impossible considering our opposing tastes. Def getting more soon. Any NY'ers that want in HMU, I got the fire SD connects lol. Only photo I took, morning ritual, go over to do list for the day and plan accordingly over small breakfast. Bread was insane, non-salted butter.
    1 point
  11. Malfatti, Italian for irregularly/poorly shaped pasta. We mixed some spinach and ricotta into the home made pasta then boil and serve. Cooked Malfatti on the left. Nice enough to eat out in the sun, and cool enough for zero insects. Perfect time of year.
    1 point
  12. me personally would like to see more "StyleWriting" in the show a lot of writers are left out and deserved to be presented there, but it all comes down to Roger Gastman taste...
    1 point
  13. ^^ @Ko SprueOneI love it. I'm always inspired by others that fix things. This is definitely "rigged" but it will likely work forever like this and was WAY cheaper than buying a new Magic Mouse.
    1 point
  14. Shit like this passing is why I feel it's a waste to contribute $ to NRA or any of the other orgs. All I see it as is a big list of gun owners that could be seized by big brother. Same reason I never went medical Marijuana. Big list of known weed smokers big brother could seize and use as they see fit. I'm fuckin ready for Alaska retirement. 😔
    1 point
  15. I used to occasionally. Mostly to get turned on to new feeds. But then it came to be that people were just auto liking specific individuals as a sign of support rather than liking things cause they were actually good.
    1 point
  16. From April 16 to 19 (2013) Futura (NYC, USA), one of the fathers of graffiti in the 70s, intervened an iconic wall located on Insurgentes Avenue, one of the longest avenues in the world. This wall is now part of the circuit of the ALL CITY CANVAS 2012 Festival, which spans through downtown Mexico City. At the age of 15, Futura was already obsessed with his visual identity. Motivated by the dream of becoming a famous artist, he created Futura 2000, based on a reference out of a Kubrik movie and a year that seemed so distant, he couldn't understand how he would still be alive by then. As a self-taught artist, Futura's education began on Brodway's line 1 of the New York City subway, working his way up as one of urban art's most innovative artists. His solo show at the Fun Gallery in 1982 established him as one of contemporary art's most happening artist at the time, on the same level as Jean-Michel Basquiat and Keith Haring, becoming a pioneer of the artistic movement of the 80s. He came to be known as "The Wateau of the Spraycan" and was even compared to Kandinsky. He held art exhibits in the US and Europe for more than a decade before making commercial collaborations in the 90s that brought graffiti to the masses and inspired new generations of urban artists. Worshiped by artists like Swoon and Neate, Futura's work is considered to be extremely influential, uniting contemporary pop art with street graffiti. Futura introduced urban art to society, which is now at its peak. We'd like to add that ACCGS would not have been possible without the support of Hennessy Very Special and the government institutions such as the Government of the Federal District, the Ministry of Public Security, the Authority of the Public Space and the Graffiti Unit.
    1 point
  17. That grill looking like some Doom graphics.
    1 point
  18. She's wearing all that gear to make up the fact that she is not a musician.
    1 point
  19. There's an "exploded" / "exploding" joke there somewhere but I'm blanking. Anyone? 😂
    1 point
  20. Saw Joker for $14, 4 ew nips 2 cokes (cans, always) in my jacket, cup of ice. $20 is the price of a small premium cichlid, a few large anubius, or a nice stock up on feeder shrimp/fish food. A 6 pick parlay for $20 on some football games can make a Saturday or Sunday afternoon pop.
    1 point
  21. Oh shit, this is dope. I have to stop looking in here when I'm hungry.
    1 point
  22. From a typical midday walk, breaking the no graff content in CH0 etiquette. A good example of how the buff is lax in Cleveland, a Pizza pick for one man, and some out of town hopper with an out of town streak.
    1 point
  23. New to 12oz and really liking the site to the point now I am signing in everyday to 12oz and not fb which I am about to delete my fb because i got to the point in my life i really beginning to think everyone on the internet is stupid, until I stumbled across 12oz. I guess the point I am trying to make is that I was wondering if there was a documentary topic here. Now that I have found it then I can make a valid post. Heard of Tom Ogle? http://fuel-efficient-vehicles.org/energy-news/?page_id=787 Check the doc Gas Hole
    1 point
  24. Stern AC/DC Williams F-14 Tomcat Williams HOT TIP(1977)
    1 point
  25. Speaking of which, @STYLEISKINGshould really jump in on some of these conversations. I've seen him regularly posting other peoples outline and knowing hime pretty well, believe he'd see the value in helping teach a new generation. Will see if I can get his attention.
    1 point
  26. Here are two recent eBay scores. The cap on the small top is a guess, it didnt come with one but it seems the most appropriate as the can is threaded for that style spray cap. And fuck it, its my shelf display....
    1 point
  27. 2 recent pieces First appearance of dead Eddie from iron maiden Bill paxton as Severn from the movie near dark
    1 point
  28. thought I'd rep. left a tissues in the wash last time so everything is a bit fluffy the shirt hasn't faded you also get to see the serious jawline that comes with a lifestyle based on bad food choices annpoying thing is there is usually 6-8 boxcars at the end but not today anyway just looked around and these two were watching me. Mother and Baby not sure how to describe it for Americans like seeing a bobcat in the wild after a lifetime of zoos had me grinning like a kid.
    1 point
  29. Tried to do a days in pies but not hella interesting still I reckon you guys might dog a pic or two.. Saturday morning garden water since it was hot as hell yesterday. veggoe garden looking shabby at the moment. Fresh asparagus is fuckign great but I can't get it to grow more than two stems at a time. still when you get those two stems and cook them up tastes so good makes your pee extra stinky Sughar snap peas muey deliciosa at the supermarket you get these seeds if you spend over $30.00 the kids got all excited but kind of gave up sofar only chamomile bok choi and something coming up. figured a good time to back up my laptop - I have three separate hard drives all between 6 and 3 months out of date so needed to get that sorted pronto.
    1 point
  30. Sometimes the true nature and impact of technology takes a while to reveal itself. I was listening to a podcast the other day examining the history of concentration camps and the expert being interviewed cited the development of barbed wire and machine guns as pivotal in the ability to detain people in an efficient enough manner for the practice of detaining large chunks of the populace to be practical. The absolute degradation of privacy as both a legal concept and practical reality combined with a little bit of artificial intelligence will pave the way for what are sure to be some great innovations. Maybe the Chinese will go first on this, American capitalists and others can help them design and implement systems that would never fly here and in the end they will be a proving ground for what will come as the expression of modern life as we plunge into a climate and technology driven apocalypse climaxing with mass death on a scale never before imagined. As far as identifying our trouble makers, kind of weird deal there, time and time again they are identified by existing systems and suffer no consequence while others are penalized severely when they pose no genuine threat. I am not really too groovy to talk politics online, I did not read the links really and I do not think that the tax thing is really on topic enough beyond the privacy issue of being able to ride a bicycle with true freedom and no connection.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00