Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/09/2019 in all sections

1. I’m feeling better this week and I know exactly why. Aint had a lick of booze in 9 days (that’s a first for me.) I have zero interest in sobriety. However, I am not retarded and I know for a fact how much destruction heavy drinking can put on the ol depression train. Goals to give the brain a shot of booze free clarity for the month and see how I’m feelin.
    4 points
  2. I agree with what Joker is saying, though clearly the Remio example sort of counters this. But before you point that out yourself (if you caught on), before you can break rules you need to master them. Again, look at who does it right... Follow their lines and try and anticipate the flow of how they do it. Figure out the breaks and connections and then start practicing various versions yourself until you find a swift execution, that makes sense visually and has some of your own original contributions to what is otherwise a fairly common aesthetic.
    2 points
  3. I get what you're asking, but if time didn't matter you would paint a piece. To answer your question, though... I think it looks clumsy. Like I mentioned earlier, there are too many breaks in the lines that make up the letters, it's an odd mix of blocky and bubble, the consistency from letter to letter is a good thing, but because the letters look clumsy on their own it ends up making the whole throw-up look clunky and disjointed. I think once you can get a simple throw-up down and be able to do that in your sleep, you can circle back to this original concept and see how you can incorporate those ideas. Thanks for jumping in @misteravenand showing some solid examples.
    2 points
  4. Honestly, no. Throw-ups, like everything else in Graffiti, take A LOT of time to master. And just like simple-style pieces, it's best to start off simple and not complicate the process too much. A throw-up is designed to be executed quickly. The less stop and go, the quicker the process. Essentially what you've done is give yourself a lot to think about while putting this up quickly. When you're starting out you want to simplify things for several reasons. First, you want to be able to initial outline/fill-in/final outline while watching over your back. Your sketch has a lot of parts to it which would make watching over your back difficult. Second, you want to be able to do this quickly. Throw-us are not something you "draw" or take your time with. Keep it simple, think quick execution, and walk away. Something like this:
    2 points
  5. they've actually come a long way. literally the only food franchise ever to successfully admit to being trash, then turn right around and campaign going harder. motherfuckers remodeled every store in the country and completely rebranded. granted. still basically trash. but a wayyyyy better version. also...I'll leave this here. (sorry if repost) (shit quality steal from ig)
    2 points
  6. 2 points
  7. The OG Fear and Loathing. Where the Buffalo Roam. Took me a sec I was remembering it as The Rum Diaries. Or maybe that's just another HST book
    2 points
  8. One of my favorite genres to watch is scary movies. Personally I like paranormal and extraterrestrial movies more than suspense/slasher/gore type. The big problem I have noticed with the genre is that there are very few "really good" movies and there are quite a lot of "just ok" ones..... and an absolute metric shit ton of ones that aren't worth watching more than 5 minutes into. Too many are relying on the whole blair witch thing where it looks like it's filmed by amateurs on a shaky home video camera. The above isn't intended to sway anyone from posting what they like; it's just my personal preference. So, what are your scariest movies, old or new? The kind that give you nightmares.
    1 point
  9. You know. These types of articles are some of the random things I think about from time to time. Like how cell phones are the number one tool for keeping tabs on people. And sometimes out of the blue I'll remember I have my cell with me while working as I am talking to myself. I am like "Oh Yeah!" Then I start telling the Faggots how I really feel since their listening. Somebody's got to do it...
    1 point
  10. So hyped. There are so many idiots straight up foaming garbage at the mouth towards a24 for making a Adam Sandler film. Clearly they’ve never watched punch drunk love. Or even Spanglish for that matter. Dude is amazing when the role is real. I can’t wait to see this shit.
    1 point
  11. https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/samuel-little-most-prolific-serial-killer-in-us-history-100619 FBI confirming his claim of killing 95 people A lot of videos of him describing the unknown victims at this link
    1 point
  12. So with this recent Instagram update they've done away with the activity feed half where you get to see what people you follow are liking and commenting on. Why would they do that, you ask? Because everyone is dropping off and its getting harder to disguise it. As I believe I already mentioned (can't recall anymore), they made some changes a while back where now they repeat the same posts in your feed. More recently, they updated the activity feed where you get activity alters for something that occurred in your own feed more than once. So if you get a comment, they'll keep pushing alerts about it more than once, within 24 hours to make it seem like stuff is happening. If you scrutinize the new activity, you quickly see that its the same thing you already got alerted to and checked out previously. Now they're hiding other people's activity to mask the fact that its not just you that slowed down, but everyone else as well. Getting harder and harder for them to find new ways to hide the fact that Instagram is in a death spiral. Nail in the coffin will be for all the people that are truly addicted to the endorphine rush that comes with people 'liking' their posts as well as all the FOMO, to find a replacement for Instagram. I'm still hearing about businesses that are clueless and chasing an outdated marketing and promotion strategy that was once well serviced by social media, but likewise, I'm also hearing of many others that are at a loss as they see what's happened but are unsure what the next move is. Regardless, we're seeing the beginning of the end.
    1 point
  13. Here's some nice examples by Adek and Remio. Suggest you dig through the forum for throwup threads and get an idea for them. Be inspired but don't bite. Key to the whole thing is how effortless they look when done properly. No doubt it's from countless times doing it (takes 10,000 hours to be an expert), pus a little flare and tons of style that largely comes from efficiency, originality and doing it a million times and then some. Thanks for what you're doing @Jokerand the rest of you trying to pass along knowledge.
    1 point
  14. Just when you thought testosterone levels couldn't dip any lower...
    1 point
  15. I sent you a request.
    1 point
  16. 1 point
  17. Yasssssss!!! Let’s post your too 3 machines! Just went to my league last night.
    1 point
  18. listening to F24 podcast with Ben Eine
    1 point
  19. Just finished book number two of this series by Cixin Liu. Three Body Problem was the first book, and the most notable to the western world. It’s definitely a great read, lags at times, but the build up is essential. The Dark Forest, however, blew me the fuck away. You trudge through this book like a battle. There’s times you want to stop and not finish and times you can’t put it down no matter what the circumstance. I found myself consumed in thought about this dense novel through the entire duration of my time with it. Definitely the most impactful scifi read I’ve ever experienced. I’m taking a break from the story for a few months until I have the time to dive in to the final one (Deaths End). Cixin Liu is a master of his trade. Translation is also incredibly well done. Including footnotes throughout the novels to assimilate yourself better with any scientific or cultural points that may go over your head.
    1 point
  20. Stoked South Park didn't fall in line with that BS.
    1 point
  21. Holy legit beer setups. God damn. 👌🏽🦅
    1 point
  22. Nice. Probably better to skip the clear coat so she isn't introduced to chemicals accidentally. When I was that age or maybe a year older, I bit right into the shelf overhang of our console TV. Those big furniture, tube television sets, that was before solid state transistor. The tiny crescent teeth marks were there until we got rid of it years later.
    1 point
  23. Few BB shots from the NYC thread, there's a Wane and a Sonic there too https://forum.12ozprophet.com/topic/71865-n-e-w-y-o-r-k-c-i-t-y/?do=findComment&comment=6334594 https://forum.12ozprophet.com/topic/71865-n-e-w-y-o-r-k-c-i-t-y/?do=findComment&comment=6334596 https://forum.12ozprophet.com/topic/71865-n-e-w-y-o-r-k-c-i-t-y/?do=findComment&comment=6334597
    1 point
  24. So anyways, after the two hour drive from Sacramento to San Jose to see the concert (Warren G, Too Short, E40, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg)..we walk into the hotel lobby to check in and i notice this guy at the counter that looked just like Warren G...i got a better look and was Warren G... told him I've been listening to his music since back when he and mister grimm did the song indo smoke. Anyways, really cool guy...i took a pic with him in my 12oz shirt.
    1 point
  25. https://forum.12ozprophet.com/topic/69438-the-your-day-in-pies-photothread-non-autistic/?do=findComment&comment=6334366 Horribly biased by having been there in the moment but I like this pic. It's not the greatest but captures the moment. If you can use it I'd suggest adding #agnosticfront since these guys like graf and some of their following does too, would be interesting to see if it pulled in some random peoples into graf, hardcore, tattoos, etc.
    1 point
  26. @Hua Guofang3V system looks legit man! Keezer is sick too, I wanna upgrade my keg fridge to a keezer this year so I can have a few more on the go.. how many kegs can you fit in that? Heres my ghetto electric 3V, wish I had a space like that to brew in haha
    1 point
  27. My bike storage, some messy workshop and brewing pics.
    1 point
  28. @misteravenit's just an ikea hack version of one of these. Have seen another DIY done in a similar way with a pair of drop handlebars mounted to the wall.
    1 point
  29. Wheres the vid about Feminine Toxicity though ? What a joke. Only men can be toxic ?? The brilliant marketing exec that thought it was a good idea to insult 90% of gillettes customer base is the same one behind that feminist Audi ad during last years Super Bowl.. Shocker. Gillette’s parent company is Proctor and Gamble, who hires all kinds of third parties to farm oils for their products using child labor, bordering on slavery. Yet they feel they have the moral high ground to tell the rest of us to.. “be better”..? Please.
    1 point
  30. Some Ellsworth Kelly, and one of my best friends pointing at an Ellsworth Kelly. SFMOMA 2017
    1 point
  31. Some stuff I've been working in the last year or so. Good to see this thread still going!
    1 point
  32. Some guys doing cool work right now... ZERO - Instagram @zero_fluido SPHEO (I think that's his name...) - Instagram @spheo
    1 point
  33. An upgrade I did today on a 20 dollar, thrift store score. The bike was complete except the front spring and bracket. The fork crown was just resting against the head tube? It was already as you see it in these pictures painted that green and the rust pitting overall. A lot of this will be changed eventually. I just want to get it a little more ride-able. Today I switched out the 3" cranks for 5" cranks. ^ Notice that 3" crank. Makes riding beyond a single residential city block very difficult. ^ purchased a used Lucky 7 with 5" crank set. ^ First I removed the chain guard but then lost two of the mounting screws so I wont be reinstalling that today. ^ Left side = righty-loosey, lefty-tighty ^ The 36mm wrench is too big so it must be a 30mm nut. I don't have one of those in 30mm so an adjustable will have to do. ^ Remember, lefty-tighty ^ There are left and right side pedals ^ There is now more efficiency from each rotation of 5" cranks ^ I'll dig around in the screws jar to install the chain guard again
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00