Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/06/2019 in all sections

1. its a fairly apt name... I'm not sure what spores I'm going to start with, so many to choose from and as I plan on doing frequent, uh, "micro tastings" as it were, I've got some reading in front of me. I will probably start a thread in VIP about that side of things. A coworker does several types in logs in his front yard. His oyster harvest was serious business.
    2 points
  2. Dude... you didn't even give me a chance. Ha! Yes, a simple sketch but my goal is to help you take a simple sketch and a make it better. If I can't make it better, you don't need my help on that sketch. Side note: before posting your sketches, please orientate them correctly. Makes it easier to read. Here's what I did with your simple sketch: 1. The L felt like it was leaning into the I far too much. I relaxed that bar a bit, and made the notch coming off the back of the bar a bit bigger so it felt more substantial in weight. 2. The I felt like it was shoved in there and leaning far too much the opposite way of the rest of your letters. I kept the same lean but flattened the bottom to be more in line with the rest of your letters, and gave it an overlapping star because, well, I couldn't think of anything else to put there. My goal with the star was to give some breathing room up there. 3. I didn't make many changes to the M, at least not drastic. I added a bit between to the two notches at the bottom, and extended the right section at the top. 4. The E looked like it was a an old, tired man leaning against a wall, so I changed it up to be more Graffiti-like. Overlapped the top section, and gave it the same lean as your other letters. 5. Shadows - when you have angles the depth of the shadow isn't going to be as thick as at the bottom or the side of a letter. In general, it'll be about half as thick, sometimes less. Most of your shadows were spot on, it was just on the angles that you were slightly off. Hopefully these edits help convey how you can take a simple sketch, keep it simple, and still give it some style (I put my edits above your sketch so you can compare them). Let me know what you think and if there's anything you'd do differently, and why. Again, guys like Geser are really good at taking simple styles and making them funky. I would definitely scroll through that link, find the simples, and notice how he gives them very little Graffiti elements but they still feel very Graffiti-like. It's masterful. Something I wish I could do.
    2 points
  3. So I've wanted to get this going for a while and finally have time. I appreciate all the knowledge and conversation of the old thread, but with all the hiccups over the years, it is a wasteland of broken links, missing pictures, and conversations out of context and order. I plan on curating and pulling quotes of knowledge from the original as I find them going back through the 200 some pages, there is some real knowledge that needs to be maintained. I hope that 12 oz can again become a place of conversation about this outside of Instagram. Long term I'd love to see multiple threads talking about different facets of this hobby. IG will on occasion have some good conversation, but the whole thread is lost and pushed back by nonsensical algorithms and accounts going private. Maybe this will just end up being where I post my crap since leaving IG, only time will tell. @bruce_mrkhas been bugging me to see more grenades from my vault for a minute, so I'll start with that and try to keep this updated on the regular.
    1 point
  4. Looking at the color pieces you posted on the previous page, other than the bubble letter piece I don’t really have any feedback. They’re honestly not bad. The bubble letters look like, well, bubble letters so if you were going for something along the lines of a throwup style piece... you nailed bubble letters. I wish I could help with throwups but other than my own name I suck at throwups. As as for the last two sketches you posted let’s look at the first one because it has 3D. My edits: 1. Again, I relaxed the L a bit and gave it a notch/bit on the top. Keeps the letter simple but gives it some style. 2. Instead of covering up the I wither top of the L, I brought the top of the I back to the forefront to make the letter more prominent. 3. Didn’t really do anything to the M other than extend the top right slightly. 4. I kinda did the same thing as your last sketch when it comes to the E. Just gave it a slight twist to give it a little more style. I added the round bit to balance the one on the L. Overall I gave each letter a more robust serif, and rounded each letter for softness. Gives the piece overall a little more weight, which feels good when doing simples. As as for the 3D, I kept that simple, too. No need to extend every single line especially when you’ve got a lot of lines to extend, the less you use, the more open and simple it feels, and the more readable it is. Your line “shines” I have added a bit of dimension to just because it feels more soft when doing rounded letters.
    1 point
  5. 1 point
  6. Here here. I plan to start growing within the next couple months. Both food and fun. Spores are readily available online. I have a friend growing "albino penises" which I'm curious to try, obvious no homo.
    1 point
  7. @LUGRI didn't notice any change in my use with the tanto. Neither anything better or worse. I carry a Victor nox spartan now. What I really liked about that CRKT KISS was its a good size to use as a card holder/money clip so I was able to check two "pocket item" boxes with one thing, kinda, if that makes sense.
    1 point
  8. So anyways, after the two hour drive from Sacramento to San Jose to see the concert (Warren G, Too Short, E40, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg)..we walk into the hotel lobby to check in and i notice this guy at the counter that looked just like Warren G...i got a better look and was Warren G... told him I've been listening to his music since back when he and mister grimm did the song indo smoke. Anyways, really cool guy...i took a pic with him in my 12oz shirt.
    1 point
  9. LOL! As long as I get at least 30%...
    1 point
  10. Those shroom pics bring to close to throwing up all over my keyboard, seriously.
    1 point
  11. Look, look, look, I'll help you out.... Imagine the girl being a bean bag. Would you rather go face first to leather or to fur? Me falling into that "thing" will feel like falling into a pig skin, unscented leather bean bag. "IF" she was white with perfect skin, comfort bean bag righ chia.
    1 point
  12. That one time Cali got to 36k posts...........😂
    1 point
  13. Can’t slide 2.... Hotel rawanda. Somebody else wanna run it?
    1 point
  14. Blacks & italians in the 80’s.
    1 point
  15. 1 point
  16. Jesus, straight up masterclass in here, @misteravenalmost should be charging an entry fee!
    1 point
  17. Hung out with some deer for a bit. Thought the bird landing on it was some cool Disney type shit. MVI_4856.MP4
    1 point
  18. I actually meant that I broke my 12oz T-Shirt in at Riotfest lol, that was a long weekend but totally worth it. my friend got free tickets because he has a blog were he reviews albums and shows and got free tickets, I might get on board just because of that. it would have been cool to meet up with you at such a kickass event, the next show I'm planning on catching is Twin Peaks at the Riv
    1 point
  19. My issue with all of this is, even if climate change ISN'T real, shouldn't we be proactively (and happily) doing things to ensure it doesn't become a "thing"? Just feels like a no brainer to sort out shut out.
    1 point
  20. DHabz popping in here to say I like the medicinal qualities.
    1 point
  21. Btw, I was the only member who made bumper stickers supporting this site in any way....
    1 point
  22. Beans from local farmstand, Thai basil and Taiwan eggplant grown by me.
    1 point
  23. I got the Nikon at about $100, believe I got them from B&H and I think I had similar from them before. Performs as expected for the price, fairly compact. They've been decent for recon on a spot, some animal watching..... Is there a special lady whose window you plan to spy through?
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00