Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/29/2019 in all sections

1. I appreciate that, sir. Compared to a lot of well-known writers in our culture, I'm just another fly on the wall. That said, mentors are lacking and people coming up genuinely want guidance, so I figured why not offer it. Most feedback these folks get is negative with no direction on how to improve so if we can take a second and offer real feedback - it's worth the time. Even if only 1 out of 10 gets something from our feedback, it's worth it.
    5 points
  2. 3 points
  3. Honestly confused as how you went from the one before to that... __________________ @Ray40 @Giant I hope you guys appreciate who @Jokeris and realize the significance of a guy like that taking the time to even acknowledge you. I woulda shit my pants with joy when I was at your level if that had happened.
    3 points
  4. Four Rooms lol “there is a dead WHORRRRE in the mattress!!”
    2 points
  5. 2 points
  6. Yeah shit hit the pocket pretty hard mang A little exchange for seager on bs
    2 points
  7. Hate the dentist. The pain in the mouth I can manage. It’s the pain in the hip pocket that fucks me up.
    2 points
  8. This is truth. Out of all the folk that have graced the pages of 12OZ over the years, which has seen some of the greats (lol, and Cope2...), I rate Joker and Beardo as the most talented in terms of style, tech skill and straight up being able to sketch. listening to him is one of the reasons I'm hanging out in the toy thread, I've been at this stuff for 35 years and I can still learn from him!
    1 point
  9. big nike daybreak fan , copped the undercover collabo (mens w/ white swoosh) and was instantly hooked they're crazy comfortable + the heel clip isn't as wild as it seems on foot copped the new black/silver joints that dropped yesterday , should be here tomorrow . gonna rock em all throughout raiders season lol 1nce they make a triple black , ima need minimum 3 pear . . .
    1 point
  10. 1 point
  11. Yeahhh man, B3 we out! @Kults- I still gotta add your PSN. I'll do it tonight What's everyone else's PSN? I'll add ya so we can catch some dubs. Mine is cruzxctl, same as here.
    1 point
  12. Borderlands 3 gang
    1 point
  13. Saw an OIL while leaving San Antonio on sunday. Got a video clip but somehoe did not save. throw was in great quality still. Not too faded at all
    1 point
  14. 1 point
  15. I’m verging on 50 and am desperately trying to cling on to my mountain biking. My knees seem to have other ideas though.
    1 point
  16. @JokerI like it very much. I was worried about buying online but it worked out. I was especially worried because I usually ride an XL 58-60 frame and all of their stuff said I should buy an L. I trusted them and went with the L and it and it worked though!
    1 point
  17. ya he is an awesome guy, like an online mentor
    1 point
  18. Was having an aanxiety attack befor the dentist yesterday and kinda grab random colors to fill.. I think it's a bit much, but to late now lol
    1 point
  19. 1 point
  20. That came up well, you’ve got 3d and light/shadow squared away. I reckon the smaller letters underneath could benefit from a drop shadow or something similar. It looks a bit 2d next to the rest that has good depth to it. Just my 2c, not gospel, by any stretch.
    1 point
  21. This is my remake, sorry that the letters are a bit stylish but I added color, free for judging
    1 point
  22. Damn... some good stuff in here. @Fist 666- I'm trying to get the Babble going again. Just posted a bunch of stuff in there yesterday.
    1 point
  23. @Ray40- to reiterate what @Hua Guofangwrote - keep it simple when you're learning. When I first started out I tried to emulate every T-Kid piece I could get my eyes on. While it was a crash course on someone else's style, it taught me absolutely nothing about letter composition, flow, and style. All I learned was how to bite. Eventually I met a guy who had been writing for a while and he taught me letter structure and how to make them flow from one another. His teachings centered around learning the letters in their basic forms, first. I hated it, because I so badly wanted to do "burners", but when I look back on it, it was the best thing he could have taught me. Your drawings have that 'style of the moment' feel to them that has caught on in the last five years, which is fine. Eventually you should do your thing, but if you really want to learn you should learn the ropes, first. Whenever I get this question from beginners I always tell them to Google MBER. Now, MBER had an amazing style. He cold do funky simples, and he could do some semi-wild pieces that flowed so well you couldn't help but study them. Also, look at the "Children of the Grave, Again" whole car by DONDI. Simple style, for sure, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a true writer who doesn't love that car. Not everything you do has to be super-funky with arrows, bits, and doo-dads. Spend the time to learn the basics and as the flow of your letters start to emerge then you can start adding arrows and bits. Finally, at first I didn't agree with what @LUGRwrote but the more I think about it, the more I definitely agree. When you're learning basics the best thing you can do is not overlap your letters, at least not to the extent that you are. Doing so doesn't teach you how the R really integrates with the A, and the A with the Y. Hopefully that makes sense. As you start to learn these things you'll start to understand how you can bring those letters closer together without losing their structure.
    1 point
  24. Highly recommend this ep
    1 point
  25. 1 point
  26. Spacing of the letters is key too. They seem smushed. And like even consistency of the bars. Like the left bar of the a is thicker than the right bar. And heights. The second a is shorter than the other letters. It's all about consistency and learning how to break it there after
    1 point
  27. Just posted to the handstyle thread but should be here as well. Taken by me at the AKA release party we threw in Berlin. @Europe @diggity @sofarok were in attendance for this one amongst others.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00