Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/23/2018 in Posts

1. Beer traps are so good for slugs. Who’d have thought they were beer hounds?! Speaking of beer, I put my hops in the ground yesterday and mulched over them. Also to a graf shot with one hand whilst riding past.
    4 points
  2. couple more pics from the backyard since I had a coffee out there. apple tree is blossoming which is good new fruit and old fruit on the orange tree Pomegranate starting to flower strawberries coming on like a dream since I put the beer traps in place. yesterday we got about 20 good sized ripe berries off . last year we got about 20 period beer traps going gangster on the slugs and this was then little one the big one had two inches of slugs at the bottom Tomatoes starting to come in okay I have 5 plants in different varieties in this year and fingers crossed we get a a lot more than last year. My inlaws got nearly 250 pounds of tomatoes off about 8 plants last summer they had tomatoes coming out the wazoo. broad beans also going mad. these are really satisfying to grow because they yield heaps but since the family all hate them I'm now growing them for the cute vegan receptionist at work Ive got potatoes and brussel sprouts in the next bed but far out brussel sprout they went mad so they'll get removed on weekend I'm a fucking amateur when it comes to growing stuff . just shove it in and try to remember to water it.
    3 points
  3. I'm in the same group as @metronome- I have a Wahoo KICKR and link that up to my Zwift account, set up an iPad on the counter in my garage, and ride. For years I rode a "dumb" indoor trainer and stared at a wall for 90 minutes to two hours on cold, wet days here in the Northwest. And then a few years ago I invested in the KICKR and it has literally (and I'm using that word correctly) changed my winter indoor training for the better. The smart trainer recognizes differences in terrain and adjusts its tension according to the elevation on the virtual roads. Riding with others, or doing virtual races is great as well. Doing two hours on the bike indoors is not annoying/boring like it used to be, and that means in winter I look forward to rides after work like I do in summer. I think the big seller for me with regards to a smart trainer or a stationary bike is that I can train on my everyday bike, which is ideal. I know stationary bikes can be set up to feel similar to your every day bike but not exact. Probably not a big deal for folks who are using them for 60 minutes of exercise but for guys who are doing intense intervals and long rides... riding your own bike is ideal. @misteravenit's peloton ?
    2 points
  4. The cookies at Presti's are hard to beat, grabbed some yesterday while killing an hour. Freezing them is key, even if you are going to eat them the next day.
    2 points
  5. Oh shit.. I hadn't heard of that one. Good looking out! Ya A24 is just on another level huh. They have a few duds but not many, even their mediocre ones have redeeming qualities. Their movies feel like works of art.
    1 point
  6. companies like A24 and AnnaPurna are picking up where Miramax fell off and i feel you, bro....i was dying for movies that werent action driven or comic book based and clint eastwood came out of retirement!
    1 point
  7. I'm not complaining, bro...the last year i saw so many hit movies in one award season year was 1998 that was a good year for serious movies...and the fact that comedians are writing it, even better
    1 point
  8. i fully agree...it was a solid effort out the gate but i've seen better first timers, tho, for sure
    1 point
  9. That sounds really similar to what the critics are saying. Still, for his first movie right out of the gate the fact that it doesn't outright suck is an achievement. I still really want to see it.
    1 point
  10. i saw it...it felt underdeveloped...it tries to feel like good will hunting kind of i think jonah hill tries to direct like gus van sant.....this might sound weird but the movie wasnt "full"
    1 point
  11. Pic makes this guy look lonely but he's surrounded by company
    1 point
  12. This one has held up well since that same time period.
    1 point
  13. Got around. From a previous outing, again the red sticker. Want to say this was from spring or summer.
    1 point
  14. Looks pretty cool and I can definitely see how a serious bike rider would be into that considering you can ride your own road bike. But definitely not for me. Besides not having a road bike, what makes Peloton awesome for me is the instructors and the software / stats. It's not just that you're distracted watching something other than a wall, but really losing yourself so you stop thinking about how grueling the ride is. Peloton does a really great job with that between the classes / instructors and how the interface actually works. You should see if you can find one you can try. Would really love to hear your feedback seeing as how you're a serious rider. Especially considering many (most) of the instructors are hard core cyclists as well.
    1 point
  15. I looked at a peloton but they are $$$. I have a smart wheel on trainer and pay a monthly subscription to Zwift and track all my riding with Strava.
    1 point
  16. had a strange combination of day off and kids at kindy/daycare so decided to go for a crusie to check a freight spot out of town. misread time table so yard was empty. Not great after 100km's but found a painting spot (why the fuck did I not even bring a single tin of paint with me GRRRRR) towards melbourne towards Adelaide feeling pretty gloomy about the empty yard and the lack of paint. wasn't even a place to go buy a couple of tins without a 40k round trip but I'll come back solar farm under construction looked really interesting but didn't want to attract too much attention as I was trespassing at one point while they were off loading a huge battery. pulled into the little town to get a drink and saw this guy mosey'd on home to find this waiting for me one of the UK's best writers. fucking Impressive book. then did the dad thing for rest of day. this morning geared up to drop kids off and go to bench some freights before work. but mistimed it and they went across. shitty photos but there was a cop car a few back so wanted to be discrete. Thanks sun for always rising in the east really added to my pics.
    1 point
  17. I am trying to reset my attention span, the first step was to uninstall LinkedIn, Reddit, and Imjur from my phone and go to the library to get some books. Starting off with some a couple novels to warm up and then planning on working back to reading history and nonfiction on a regular basis along with some work related self study.
    1 point
  18. Aka Dookie Betts aka Indica Wanatambe
    1 point
  19. Fairly certain this is top shelf for most of the dudes in here.
    1 point
  20. as a birthday present I got given a steam train ride yesterday with my son. Pretty much the last for the season . After october the risk of bushfires is too great so it was really popular with the trainspotters. loading on the engine big dumpling getting steamed interior from 1930's was freezing and uncomfortable though in it's day would have been good. after about 10 minutes the lack of scenery started getting boring . so I started snapping people watching the train. my son started to get the shits since it took about an hour to cover the distance it takes 15 minutes on the road. this place had everyuthing Pigs, goats alpacas, Emus another train watcher plus some random old chook support crew was at the halfway stop so I ditched the boy and we continued wreckers yard more in a minjute
    1 point
  21. I accidentally hit post and edit won't work for me. Neato.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00