Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/21/2018 in all sections

1. As a teenager, I used to do odd jobs for an old Jewish doctor who did bonsai, it was pretty neat he had me help him graft some trees in the yard and his wife would make us sandwiches and play klezmer music at lunch. She treated him like shit and in hindsight, the reason he tolerated it may have been that it was the beginnings of dementia but I did not realize that at the time. A few years later I went back by their house to visit and it had been torn down and replaced with three or four of the early 2000's model McMansions and now they are probably dead. Seems like a nice hobby though, I do not recall the details but I think if you run into a dude selling bonsai on the side of the road or a craft market you need to be wary as often they are just baby juniper shrubs. I am trying to take a couple pics with my phone everyday, being the modern age and all.
    2 points
  2. 1 point
  3. 1200px-TRAFFIC_CONGESTION_AT_SOUTHWEST_FREEWAY_AND_LOOP_610_INTERSECTION_-_NARA_-_545884-700x475.webp
    1 point
  4. flooding is pretty destructive though, certainly not something to play around with
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00