Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/15/2018 in all sections

1. You'd really have to attend one of his concerts before I feel you can fairly speak to his talent. His music is engineered specifically for arenas (music exec give me some insights on it) and his stage setups and performances are pretty ambitious. He also purposely structures his music in such a way to make it radio unfriendly (beyond language). Anyhow, I think *genius* is largely subjective, even in the academic sense. I'm sure there's some IQ cutoff that designates one, someones intelligence tips over to being genius, but obviously we're not talking about Kanye's cognitive capacity, meaning its that much more subjective. Regardless, dude has accomplished a lot considering his humble beginnings and I don't think there's its hard to argue that he's made a larger impact, across a wider spectrum of disciplines and industries, than most. Personally, I love his music. I have seen him in concert and it totally changed my outlook on him. But I can agree his personality can be too much for many and that maybe his music isn't really for everyone either. I'll be the first to say that I can't stand when celebrities / influencers feel the urge to use their popularity to preach or shove their own POV's on the rest of us as if they're in some sort of privileged position to know what's best, but mostly I just see Kanye saying over and over that he's not going to be told what to think based upon the popular position and that we need to come together and start talking to each other rather than being so decisive. Not sure I can say I disagree with the sentiment.
    3 points
  2. I was able to sit down and have a one-n-one with Jim Clapper, the former DNI yesterday and this was his biggest problem/fear about US society today, the inability to compromise and not see the other side of the argument as 'the enemy'. Was an interesting chat.
    2 points
  3. From what I've observed it's only one side of the American population that sees the people that don't agree with them as an enemy... by definition. As an example, I know a lot of people that don't consider people that think differently from them politically to be "the enemy". The people I'm talking about are not going to burn your stuff, ruin my city, break your cars that are parked, break your store fronts, call you racist/masoginist/sexist, etc because they don't agree with your political views. Being an idiot is it's own punishment because people that are adept in social situations will simply ignore you as if you don't exist. Those pointing fingers at their "enemies" have a harder life and I feel sorry for them wasting so much time and energy on a battle that cannot be won with their tactics. I cannot imagine that any red blooded American is going to think differently after having their stuff destroyed. I'm perfectly fine with those that don't agree with me existing and thinking/saying whatever they want. edit: not meant as a jab or to polarize you Hua, you just got me thinking about something I've been considering for a while.
    1 point
  4. That's just it, they keep saying the meat is in the classified docs, yet every time they declassify something it becomes obvious it wasn't classified for national security purposes, it was done to shield the intelligence agencies from embarrassment. I just find the whole thing has become a joke. The Mueller thing has been going on for over a year now. Very little has come of it. We're way of topic now, sorry for hijacking the Kanye sucks thread :/
    1 point
  5. lol, I have no idea about the science of CC.
    1 point
  6. Yeah, I actually don't get CNN. I'm not in the US. If you've got good evidence that argues against Russia attempting to undermine politics in the US - just as the US does in Russia and other countries, I'm keen to see it.
    1 point
  7. A lot of scammers on those mail order bride sites! But of course, not all dating profiles are fake. And it takes time but you can find really good person on some sites. You may go through many before you find a good one but you can. In my opinion it's better to read few good quality reviews here before start using them
    1 point
  8. 1 point
  9. Old Bradley’s sign park st with LUS.
    1 point
  10. 1 point
  11. I could se myself getting into it. For now I'm enjoying sharpening my skills/muscle memory for boxing/kickboxing. Feels more practical for most street confrontations, or fending off multiple attackers and needing to bob/weave my way out of a situation. BJJ seems way more technical, and I've been hearing so many people swear by it for years it seems like it could be a long term approach to building fitness, and combat skills. From what I've seen it's something that if you're well versed in it can help even the odds with a larger opponents more than any other martial art. I've watched females at my gym pretty much just have their way with male white belts, pretty sure that wouldn't be the case in kickboxing 99.9% of the time.
    1 point
  12. The South Park episode where he's trying to explain why he's not a gay fish pretty much sums it up. Thank you Trey Parker and Matt Stone for all that you do. I'm not sure what Kanye does that makes people think he's a genius. I've never heard anyone I've considered to be smart call him a genius.... so there's that.
    1 point
  13. OTOH, I'd be down for a 12oz balaclava and/or neck gaiter.
    1 point
  14. It looks cool! Maybe you can post graffiti pictures and other graffiti videos on your personal website. You can create a free website easily using a website builder like hPage.com - https://www.hpage.com - and you can document your graffitis and post your content there.
    -1 points
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00