Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/18/2018 in all sections

1. end clothing x clarks dropping in gore-tex gore tex is god
    2 points
  2. Alts first one I've finished in a minute
    2 points
  3. I've thought about this a lot myself. There was something really special about how things were before "social media" was even a phrase. I'm jumping in here kind of late but wanted to say that I appreciate your post @misteravenand share your perspective. I respect that you've kept this site going regardless of the changes that have gone on with internet culture. I think it is true that a lot of the people who have been around a long time are starting to get tired of where things are at now. Returning to forums is kind of odd feeling after being conditioned to think that anything that can't be taken in within a few seconds gets the tl;dr classification. I personally have become increasingly tired of social media and have been recoiling back to earlier forms of communication. Probably why I ended up checking back here. Social media is really noisy and appears to have embraced narcissism and ego boosts without hesitation, not to mention the sharing of some of the most inane content. That's not to say there are some good things about it as well. But in general, its really loud and it gets pretty grating after a while.
    2 points
  4. The 2014/2015 Alife x Puma collab were dope, gutted my 2014 R698 are beat, one of my fav kicks
    1 point
  5. I envy you that. As a Nike guy I catch the L all too often.
    1 point
  6. I've just got a mate to register but did it through normal channels didn't see this referral stuff
    1 point
  7. Yea man I don't really look much outside Asics, Saucony, Puma, Diadora, Karhu and a few smaller companies It can be a blessing sometimes don't have to pay crazy resell or be up ready for release
    1 point
  8. Kazuki Kuraishi x The North Face Black Series
    1 point
  9. Friends raided mine. Figured better to give em to old oontzers than put em up. I kept one of each, have a few at my desk
    1 point
  10. SB Dunks are my favorite Nike shoe , but AM1's are by farrrr my favorite lifestyle sneaker from Nike . Just copped these as personals from a site that restocked . 2017 re-issue of the first ever Air Max 1 - 1987 original colorway . These drop in a couple days , but they're EU exclusives . . not gonna be sold in the states . Gonna try to cop for personals as well ~
    1 point
  11. "Taker" Good you see you again Eido. Seems like alot of the older group is coming back(freak, satire etc.), so I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile now. Can someone explain to me what happened to this site? Seems like a two gap of major traffic and then everyone disappeared... Across all the forums and all the threads. Sorry if this is a stupid question, just curious
    1 point
  12. Looking out the window at NYC's skyline and I get a crystal clear vision of who my enemy is.
    1 point
  13. Some quality conversation going on over here.. hell yeah.
    1 point
  14. Last one- practicing wax on, wax off? Or wow man, i can taste the music and hear the colors?
    1 point
  15. This is great wife is devastated we’ve watched the whole season in a week and really didn’t pace ourselves
    1 point
  16. Atlas, Aura & Nesta in East Oakland, California.
    1 point
  17. Digging these https://www.nike.com/launch/t/nikecourt-court-lite-nyc/
    1 point
  18. I remember alot of you all in here and its nice to see your all still around. Have not drawn in a while - says GB for the new discord i created for artists: come join: https://discord.gg/xEEFAuY here is also the making of the sketch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDPZhuQYB4&feature=youtu.be
    1 point
  19. not sure exactly when , but indy starting making their shit in china . older indy trucks say "Made in USA" on the bottom of the base plate , but the new ones do not . not sure about the hangars , assuming it's the same deal . still indy for life tho !
    1 point
  20. Definitely a more steady flow of people on here. IT kinda goes in spurts though. Not consistent as it once was but still more content than I anticipated. Some of the more niche threads aren't as big but the general "your day in pics" type stuff is doing really well. Enjoy seeing different peoples lifes from around the globe that aren't competing for likes, just sharing.
    1 point
  21. http://www.12ozprophet.com and the Writers forum through the years... Maybe some of the old crew can chime in, but as I recall the original forum was a single section that was straight graffiti. I'd set it up with the help of @Misk-TheDragon to stay in touch with writers from other cities that I'd met along the way. Among the most notable was @Joker who I'd met at the Tribal booth at an old ASR tradeshow. In those days long distance calls were expensive and most writers that new writers from out of town would send hand written letters via snail mail along with hard copy flix or negatives that you'd go get processed and then return. Anyhow, the internet was still fairly new and most the population still didn't even have a computer at home, ket alone several. You got online via dial up and most online conversation took place on IRC or on various BBS systems and shit like UseNET. IRC was a pain in the ass to use and I figured if I couldn't easily figure it out, most writers probably wouldn't bother. Then I came across the first forum system I'd ever seen, an old CGI based forum system that was browser based and pretty simple to use. I reached out to Joker and a few people and that was the start of the 12ozProphet forums. Very quickly I saw the potential of community and looked to create a sort of virtual writers bench on a global scale. At that time, the few graffiti websites that existed were mainly static photo archives that you couldn't really search and took a monumental amount of work to maintain. I was more interested in the networking and conversations (Still am after all these years) and so 12oz moved in a different direction by always focusing on the community aspect of it. The forum started growing and so we added sub sections for trains, walls and graffiti discussions (tips, news, etc). The core members invited friends, that in turn invited other friends and it grew from a small handful of writers to a pretty big forum. @Misk-TheDragon being the young computer genius that he was knew how to exploit Microsoft Front Page extensions and would hack some other competing sites and setup redirects so their traffic would go to 12ozprophet until the owners could figure out how to fix it, often a few hours later or maybe a day or two if we were lucky. Likewise the zine was really coming into its own by Issue #3, featuring a very early interview with Barry McGee aka Twist which also turned a lot of people onto the website and as the mailorder got bigger, that was another avenue for people to find out about the site and forum since we'd stuff each order with various flyers and other stuff. I believe 12ozProphet was one of the first companies on the East Coast selling spray caps and for a few years, we were by far the largest. Once we connected with Os Gemeos and discovered the crazy skinny caps they were using out there, the game got raised to a whole other level. We'd trade batches of 1000 NY Fat or NY Skinny caps with the twins in exchange for the stock Colorgin caps they were using, which we're thinner than NY Thins by at least half or more. On the plane ride back from the trip that led to the Os Gemeos feature in 12ozProphet Issue #6, I made up the name "micro caps" and it didnt take long for those to be the biggest thing in graffiti for the next while. We struggled to keep them in stock because whereas we had the plug to the factory for NY Thin, Fat and Rustos and literally bought them in batches of a million or more, Os Gemeos were bribing the janitor at the ColorGin factory to swipe caps at night when he mopped the factory floors. In any case, we still got requests for micro caps like half a decade after they were no longer available. Even into the era of all the Euro graffiti0centric paint companies that opened the flood gates with quality paint, in a massive spectrum of colors that were low pressure and had a library of various specialty caps available. If I'm not mistaken it was @beardo was the person to suggest we start a forum for non-graffiti discussions. Up until then members would have to add "NGC" before thread titles so everyone knew that it was "NO GRAFF CONTENT". Worked well until the forum really picked up momentum and then we started breaking the forum down into more granular subsections. Among them were "Channel Zero" inspired by Public Enemies 1988 hit song by the same name and "Static Age" which was inspired by a Misfits album that dropped about the same time (In turn inspired by a much older song title).
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00