Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 07/13/2018 in all sections

1. I think a lot of people lump inverted flags and burning flags into the same group. The veteran response (happened twice) was more or less "my best friend died wearing that flag, how fucking dare you..." my response of "mine too, wanna talk about it?" didn't lead to any real conversations. (way off topic, but for the record, it really bugs me when vets (blanket statement) refer to everyone lost as their best friend. I've lost good dudes and shit bags alike, plenty of dead vets were complete pieces of shit.) ________________________________________________ IMO, reprinting is a bad idea. I want the all-star beef shirt, too, but its gotta be a reboot for 12 to maintain brand desirability.
    3 points
  2. 3 points
  3. Creeping on 40 - don't really feel old other than all the damn responsibilities. My main hobby is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, I spend at least 3 days a week training. I have 5 years into the sport and I don't think I will stop until I am physically unable to train. I just finished my Masters - which I am now paying for goddamn it. I own a house and it has a picket fence, which needs to be replaced and a bunch of other trash to do constantly. The Bay Area is fucking ridiculous and I'm 100% sure that I could not afford to live here if I was renting. Two kids and wife take about all the rest of my time outside of work. My career does not allow for grafndance but I still appreciate and spectate - on rare occasions I get in a legal wall. I still read a shit ton - collect books/toys/art. I'm on the PS4 regularly currenty on the Fortnite hype psn FatRalphy One of my close friends was diagnosed with a pretty serious form of cancer last year, he asked me if he could convert my detached garage into a 1bdr. That project has taken up a bunch of my time in recent months. On a side note - two years ago I started playing Magic the Gathering. I occasionally go to my local comic book stores and play on draft nights. /nerdoner
    3 points
  4. Giving the 12ozProphet community here a first look at the next 12ozProphet Shop release: 12ozProphet - Divide Et Impera (Divide and Rule) Tee Also, going to use this format to sort of explain the concept as I move forward with these. This one especially merits some insight and explanation... So by now most of you have likely read enough of my posts to know I'm not fan of government, regardless of which team wins the oval office. Personally, I believe that government power comes at the direct expense of individual freedom and liberty and also believe its been a very long time since it was truly operated "by the people for the people". Rather, we often hear about how much corporate money and influence is poured into politics, while watching career politicians talk a big game around election time, then point the finger at their counterpart across the aisle for why nothing gets done the rest of the time. Whether you want to put on a tin foil hat and buy into the multitudes of conspiracy theories that are often floated around, you'd have to have your head pretty deep in the sand at this point, to not recognize that there are huge agendas at play, tons of money and power on the line and that things are not at all wha20th t they're claimed to be. We know for fact that the 90% of the media is owned by a handful of corporations and that those corporations are often run and owned by people that are very active in politics. We can also reasonably assume that there are some vested interests at stake, driven by the massive fortunes that are gained and lost upon the outcome of these elections and the subsequent legislation passed. This shirt release is an homage to the idea that things are not at all what they seem to be. That its a high stakes game, sponsored by a handful of global corporations who stand to gain vast fortunes and consolidate further power by keeping us all divided; thus allowing them to continue with their agenda. Regardless of whether you subscribe to the theories that go into specifics on the subject, the purpose of this shirt is to get you to pause and think. To pay attention and dig beneath the surface. To begin questioning the narratives and analyze the motives. Ultimately to compel critical thinking, research and open and honest discussion and debate. Releasing Next Friday, July 20th at 3pm EST on the 12ozProphet Shop. Be sure and get on the mailing list! Front (Click to enlarge) Back (Click to enlarge) Long Sleeve (Click to enlarge)
    2 points
  5. some retro-update versions may be a way to entice some of the OGs back....
    2 points
  6. this was back in winter 2012 and i was heavy into japanese "ametora" or american traditional heritage shit i saw this suit on display in union los angeles and i asked if it was on sale at first they said no, like the manager and the two clerks a few hours later chris union came in, first time i met the dude and he saw me admiring it i told him that i was a huge fan of the brand and that i would die for this suit so he said fuck it and that i could buy it off him i asked him how much and he said what do you have lol i gave him 600 for the whole thing
    2 points
  7. Arizona. 42. Married. Father to two daughters (11 & 7). Post-secondary Educator. Avid Hiker/Backpacker. Gun Guy/2A. Hip-Hop Culture. Currently focusing on growing my photography skills. Considering a career change....
    2 points
  8. Yeah, that was popping when I lived in the barracks. No idea how many hours I spent maintaining the dondi car. Or starting new 12s.
    2 points
  9. I have an old polo parody shirt, kind of similar but it's the sihouette of the rider falling off the horse. Love it since I'm not much for corporate logos, and it gets great reactions when people realize what it is.
    2 points
  10. here's a wacky video of my zines downloaded from IG IMG_5844.mp4
    2 points
  11. More Wet Look... https://www.12ozcollective.com/12ozprophet-x-nike-wet-look-dunk/
    2 points
  12. Sorry (not sorry) to be riding my own jock on the grails... But wouldn’t be right to not drop the AKANYC x Nike AF1s. Limited to 48 pairs and strictly F&F. (CrudeOil RIP)
    2 points
  13. But, the Mossy Shockwave is the primary for home defense and as a truck gun (unless an AK serves my needs better ;). Gonna replace the hand strap with a leather version eventually, may be some leather for the goose head grip, some Book of Eli type shit. Surprisingly, a very fun shooter with the Aguila Mini Slugs
    1 point
  14. The House Nines. HK is the wife's....
    1 point
  15. Dude, love the illustration. Thanks for sharing the creative brief as well. Great work.
    1 point
  16. if you don't understand, this isn't for you.
    1 point
  17. This is awesome. I'd like to see the conversation continue after the shirt has dropped, and what the public's response will be to the inverted flag. After 45s election I started wearing an inverted IR flag on my pack (a flag I wore on my shoulder in Afghanistan...). What is supposed to mean and what it is perceived to mean are very different things with potentially very volatile responses on either side. The only people that harassed-verging-on-threatened me about it were other vets. It did not invite conversation, it invited confrontation. I'll be curious to know what everybody else's experience is like. mildly related: in highschool I had a shirt with a similar image to this on it: I remember it causing a fair amount of butthurt and very reactionary response from those who were sucking down party line patriotism in the era immediately after 9-11
    1 point
  18. @misteraventhat throwback tee you posted on IG....are you ever gonna retro that
    1 point
  19. 1 point
  20. i will wear this shit proudly...im getting my girl one too
    1 point
  21. Damnnnn stoked for this release and the motive behind it. Bring back alt-media.
    1 point
  22. Junior member still. This game is really hard to break into. @misteraven
    1 point
  23. Always a enjoy a good gueuze
    1 point
  24. Be careful Ralphy, Magic the Gathering can be more expensive than a solid drug habit.
    1 point
  25. damn! bangers I quit skating about a year ago and tried to return. Ate shit in the big bowl and was fucked up for like a month. Dont bounce anymore . Any of yall still shred the parks? I just cruise to the beer spot now that im a lazy fuck
    1 point
  26. @metronomejust did a little research on it. looks like this is going to be a really deep dive. I'll give it a shot though. I only made it through 6-7 of the wheel of time books. one day I'm going to try to pick that back up. @misteraven- I found Zombie Road on Audiobook. I'll try starting it first.
    1 point
  27. that chocolate inc cd is nice, i still have a copy of the urban renewal program album floating around somewhere and a copy of MUL crew cassette
    1 point
  28. You didn't get the Writer's Union invite flyer? Legal Protection. Krink Workshops. VR graffiti battles. Vape Cloud competitions. Union Dues are one Steak handstyle and 12 racked rustos.
    1 point
  29. Have an original print of that second to last photo I bought from his son.
    1 point
  30. Whie and idol going cap for cap on the J line makes my heart sing
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00