Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/12/2018 in all sections

1. I think about it from a cause and effect perspective. People are generally uninformed about anything that isn't a personal interest of theirs, and have an appetite for confirmation bias. I don't know if I can blame the media for having left/right confirmation bias buffets in print and media when it's their audience they cater to. I get annoyed by all of them, even the NY Times, Vice, etc. They've all dumbed down.
    3 points
  2. Nope. I do little in the way of processing anything beyond a crop. I have a cheap camera now, but it takes a wide range of shots and has a good zoom, and no GPS/wifi shit. I know you can strip exif data but the point is I want as little as possible on it to begin with because to me that's info that could be used against you. Besides, I know where I was when I took that shot, and most of what I shoot could wait a day or so to be posted on good practice alone.
    2 points
  3. 1 point
  4. Related quote I just came across from Mandela: "...newspapers are only a poor shadow of reality; their information is important to a freedom fighter not because it reveals the truth, but because it discloses biases and perceptions of both those who produce the paper and those who read it."
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00