Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 05/26/2018 in all sections

1. Hi all, i've had an account on various forums throughout my years in this culture of ours. I had an account on 12ozprophet since 2010 but lost it. I've had an account on hypebeast since 2012 and an account on KTT since 2009. All of this because of the glorified strip mall in Los Angeles that is Fairfax ave. i discovered 12ozprophet from the Supreme Rizzoli book, and was curious as to what 12ozprophet was and what it meant. Los Angeles held my heart and my fascination because of the creativity pouring out of it. Forums are dying because of one reason: attention span. Scroll up and i see some of the most interesting insights i've ever read. I can't think of any one person younger than 25 who would read that. Social media today is bought and changes depending on the demographic paying for it. We tend to forget what we initially used forums for in the first place. We used forums to cheat at school, cheat at videogames, talk to insiders, get info on drops, advice on how to get ahead, advice on creating and destroying. The unfortunate part is, noone past our generation needs that kind of community anymore. Creativity is left to those who keep their eyes on the hashtags, look out for what's popular, and to copy paste. Forums died and yet, no vacuum was created. But i have hope. 12ozprophet struck a new chord with me. One that feels more mature, older and wiser. A forum i can actually relate to. _operation_condor_
    3 points
  2. I have theories about gun violence specifically young adults and in school. I'm on my phone so I'll be brief. Kids used to fight get jumped and move on. Some kids were bullied continuously. Nowadays most kids are soft. No exercise. No social interaction. Always on phones. Kids still get picked on. But it doesn't stop at school anymore. It continues on social media. Kids can't escape it. Bullied kids turn to YouTube blogs etc. with other kids. Get angrier and kind of get "radicalized". Easy access to high capacity guns. Instead of getting your homies together to confront the bullies you get your guns and fuck everyone up that wasn't on your side. I also think times have changed. A lot of people are having it hard making it life. It's not like before you graduate school your dad gets you a job with a buddy of his and your start your white collar career anymore. And I think a lot of WASP male kids are seeing that and not knowing how to deal. And are taking it out on others. Look at those involuntary celibates. They can't pull chicks. So you take it out on all women and run them down on sorority row.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00