Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/03/2017 in all sections

1. I 100% agree that the dopamine hit from getting a like or comment on social media is short lived and highly addictive. If you look at it in terms of a form of drug addiction it's no wonder so many people are unable to peel away. I took the "i don't care what other people are doing" attitude some years ago and my life has been simpler and happier since. I still keep in touch with the people that matter to me the most. More power to whoever can bring themselves to quit. I'll tell you it feels good to look around a restaurant that I didn't bring my phone into (leave it in the car) and see all the people not paying attention to the person they're at the place with.... or they're scrolling through pictures and holding their phone up to the other person's face like "look at this, wait wait, look at this one..... oooh you gotta see this one..." Of course there's a "to each their own" element at play here too but I'm glad I'm not wrapped up in something so unproductive like that anymore and I'm always happy to hear other people saying that they don't use social media. That's, actually, one of the most attractive things I can hear a girl say these days is that she doesn't have a face book. That's like an instant angry blue veined diamond cutter right there.
    2 points
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00