Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/18/2014 in all sections

1. So after years of not posting.... And actually using and trying almost every type of ink and paint mixes in my absence, I've learned the following: How well an ink stains, and how well an ink weathers are two completely separate things, and the only way to get an ink that will do both well. Use a UV resistant base ink. T-Grade being the standard for my base, although I find its tackiness a growing concern. It clogs on contact with water beads and has ruined my night a few times. I used to use Garvey to dilute the T-Grade but found that it compromised the opacity and lightfastness to much even at minimal dilution. Now, I use tgrade (50%) mixed with any other alcohol based ink (30%) to reduce tack, and a dash of speedflow (20%) for extra UV protection. A sprinkling of GV/MB/WHY and that's it! I've been tagging for coming up on 18 years now, and I've gotta say this is the holy grail of ink for me. Don't get it twisted... I've spent days and gallons of ink mixing, experimenting, trial & error getting to this. I'll often now use a lighter color for the filler (alcohol) ink which can add nice highlights in this hot mess of vandalicious delight. For me brake fluid is a joke, as are most dyes and alcohol based inks as they cannot handle the weather here. Between the constant rain & sun, and lifestyle of a ruthless hustler, I don't have time for anything less than the best... and this is it my friends.... Enjoy. And if you can't afford it, you shouldn't use it. Speedflow is the bidness though.
    2 points
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00