Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 12/08/2013 in all sections

1. Flickr pies from the last two weekends… Bondi to Coogee Saw this... Off to the mountains the next day Mr Buffman… Hard at it… Chill'n in the park Did some gardening Bought some pebbles OK The Fern Put him to work The end...
    1 point
  2. " My competitors are walmart, ikea, places like that. I can never compete." I disagree with this. These hegemonies will never be our competition. You are a craftsman. I like your work. You make quality pieces. They make shit work from shit materials. Any discerning buyer can spot the difference from across the street.
    1 point
  3. Sure. Tpbm has a romantic abnormality
    1 point
  4. i'm confident i'll forget something here, but i used to sorta do this work. ask away. i see ads all the time for squarespace and other custom website companies. cant personally vouch for them, no experience but they would probably be a better way to go than a custom website designer. in my experience custom web designers/developers are either very expensive (especially for your purposes) or, if they're cheap, really suck. DON'T go with an agency 'cause that would be ludicrously expensive. wordpress sites are reliable and generally don't suck. their CMS is pretty self explanatory - it's a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, so it's not hard or complicated to make new pages and the interface is identical to MS word. their pagination works well too and building new pages is easy. [pagination = say you've got a new blog post called "check this shit out." wordpress would generally write the url as http://www.cilonerswebsite.com/blog/check-this-shit-out. the other side of this is to name everything carefully and as self-explanatory as possible. never underestimate how stupid people are]. pick a website colorscheme that's gentle on the eyes. make sure you've got multiple high res images per piece/product. multiple gorgeous product images = legitimacy. don't cover your website in flash, as tempting as animations are. make sure your website is responsive and shows up well on mobile devices. like 60% of web traffic is mobile now. act accordingly. Hosting: sites that i used to work on that had godaddy as their host went down semi-frequently and did not rock. i hear good things about amazon web hosting. i dont know much else about web hosts, sorry. you may come across various discussions of seo/"content"/"external links" etc. disregard almost all of it. it takes a lot of time practice and knowledge to do well and see any return for it. if you can keep a blog and 1 social media outlet (pinterest would work great for your purposes, maybe instagram too) well-updated, that's fine. don't go out and get 500 social media properties and update all of them poorly, thats shitty. again, i'm sure there's things i didn't cover. ask any questions, happy to help.
    1 point
  5. I thought there was already a crow thread
    1 point
  6. ANTI STYLE WHAT: intentionally toy or strange styles, comes from 70s ny graffiti graffiti, 80s and 90's SF bus hopper styles, or its just completely something unique, no rules WHY: FUCK IT, the joy of spraying, no rules, fuck traditional graffiti funk. WHEN: Late 90's early 2000's WHERE: SF, NY, PARIS, BERLIN, STOCKHOLM, ANYWHERE
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00