Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/18/2013 in all sections

1. I am going to drop some knowledge in here if for no other reason than to preserve it before it passes out of memory. A lot of the shit I'm about to reveal has been rendered obsolete by all the euro caps and the ability to go down to Michael's and buy a 5 pack of caps for your designer paint from Spain, Germany, Greece, Italy or China (via 'stralia). Some might help somebody down the road, but here it is. Phantoms came on lots of stuff, Krylon fixative, testors cans, and a couple brands of crystal clear acrylic. Rusto fats came on a spray adhesive that shall remain unnamed. There are several versions of this cap with different color inserts and different sized metering slots. Their usefulness varied. The first fat caps I found came on Scotch-guard. They where the old school lumpy style, I have also found those as recently as 2 years ago on an industrial strength paint stripper. There where several that picked up the names of the products they came on: Bug & Tars (NY fat), Jiff-Foams (also fat, if I remember correctly) Spray & Wash (not that good but w/e), Niagaras (also fat). When a lot of those products switched to a male valve/female tip system we worked around it by taking clogged caps and cutting the stem out of them and sticking them in the female caps as an adapter. This actually works pretty good, and I still do it. It gives me a lot of control over the final output. If you where in a real pinch you could take the ink tube out of a standard bic ink pin and make a stem. It wasn't ideal, it only really worked on Krylon, but it in a pinch it would get you by. This is really only the tip of the iceberg, there were a lot of niche caps that came on products that where only available in small regional markets. Prior to the Internet the graffiti was a very regionalized thing.
    2 points
  2. So, I went for a one-nighter on Sunday night. It was pretty uneventful. Drove there, stayed a night, and drove back. My parents and my brother came. I had a camper site and a cabin site next to it for my parents. My brother rented the cabin next to it, because he did not want to hear snoring. My Dodge Nitro pulled the RV with no problems. The wind and the passing cars pushed it/me around, so I stayed in the 60-65 range the whole way. On the way back, I stopped to get gas and it turned out to be bad gas, with too much water in it. Now I am going to change spark plugs tonight because of issues from that. Fuck Chevron. Also, we went camping in Idaho next to the Snake river. I am thinking about Oregon next. I know this is not action packed greatness, but it is hard to reach that point with three little kids.
    2 points
  3. WOW ..DOPE FLIKS.. A FEW I NEVER SEEN AND DEFINITLY FLIKS OF MY SHIT I DIDNT HAVE ..BEST POST IN A WHILE ALOT OF GOOD 92 -94 ISH ..THAT TEA FR8 THAT JUSTO GATE THE 94 REYES FERRARI SPOT ..ALL THE GAME ISH ..JUST BUMP ERRYBODY ......STAY UP SMOKE GANJA BE HAPPY MON
    2 points
  4. The pool changed the hours of swim team practice and now I can't go :(. Might have to look into another team but the nearest one is a touch heavy for me, 5:30 to 7, M-F.
    1 point
  5. 1 point
  6. dear kanye i read on oontz that once a woman has a baby that vag is blown out fo eva :)
    1 point
  7. 1 point
  8. I am on a month long skate roadtrip across the country right now. I have never been on the West Coast. I am in Northern California heading to Oregon. I think I should be able to afford a couple hundred dollar tattoo in Oregon. What are some of the best shops there? Portland? I may have a hook up at Off The Map in Grants Pass. I work for the East Coast Off The Map. But, I figured I'd ask you guys and see what you could come up with.
    1 point
  9. Hey NYCISDEAD have you combed through this? http://fineprintnyc.com/blog/evolution-of-new-york-city-part-1-1490-1900
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00