Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/12/2012 in all sections

1. last monday my 23-year-old cousin, after dealing with addiction (drugs/booze), mental and family issues took his own life. He had hung himself in his bathroom; this was (as far as I know) his second suicide attempt. I, having dealt with the three aforementioned issues, was the "It-didn't-have-to-end-like-this" representative at the wake/service/funeral. I carried my 90-year-old grandmother to his casket and had to hold her as she collapsed. Hardest fucking thing I've ever had to do, maybe next to checking into rehab in the first place. The last time I saw/ spoke to my cousin I was a dick to him for being the only person who missed the family reunion at christmas, and I'll have to live with that for the rest of my life. here I am a week and a half later, and I still feel like complete shit. If you're struggling, reach out. If you susppect someone is struggling, reach out. I already knew this, but knowing it means nothing if you don't use it.
    3 points
  2. 1 point
  3. cool man thanks. Amidst all the fuckery on the oontz I'm honestly really glad that this thread is around. I promised myself, but more importantly I promised Jimmy (cuz) that I would be for someone else what I could have been for him. I also promised him that I'd keep going strong (even though I also promised that to my granddad who had been sober for 30+ years, two years ago as well). I wrote him a letter that I left in his coffin. Shit just still doesn't seem real, we weren't real close, but still. Worst that's happened to me before this was having to take a sponsee to the psych ward at the wee hours of the morning. Some don't make it so we can; but it doesn't mean it's easy.
    1 point
  4. Yeah this doesn't come anywhere NEAR breaking bad, but it's a welcome distraction in the downtime. I really don't watch much tv, but SOA is one of the few shows that can keep me interested. That and it's always sunny will have to do until next summer haha.
    1 point
  5. ^ Yup. http://www.watchseries.eu/new - I do enjoy watching the show, as it is always keeping me entertained during the week while i wait for sunday night shows on HBO and Showtime. it's also got plenty of entertaining biker whores (Jax's lady, and Al Bundy's wife, whatever her name is) and killing. but I will say this, after the last season, I kind of got bored with this whole biker badass shit, because so many cornballs started buying bikes/wanting to get a bike and join a gang. Just seeing all these people jerk off to this show, talking about how they want to do that so bad. It's a tv show! Last nights show was entertaining, but the only thing i can't stand is stuff like the beginning scene had, where jax is narrating his journal, saying shit like " on the open road i feel like i'm part of the wind, floating in my own world of biker bliss, as i coast up the highway I am one with the road" - Fucking corny! So many douchebags are fapping to dumb shit like that, wanting to get a bike and " live life on the open road man!" I don't know, yeah I enjoy watching the show, it's entertaining, and yes I do understand that people who have had bikes/ ride them, riding is enjoyable/therapeutic. But its just when i hear corny shit about what it feels like to ride a bike on the road, i can only picture a ton of idiots just wanting to get a bike and join a bike gang from this show. Reason I say this is, I was at a bar after last season ending and this dude on the side of me started talking about how it was his favorite show, and showed me his iphone wallpaper of the soa grim reaper. He started talking about he took bike lessons to ride, and how he was going to get a Harley. He also showed me his new tattoo's which were fucking lame. This show is the downfall of cool bikers everywhere. You will now get overrun by "wild hogs" cornballs, who think they're badass. Lets start a biker fight outside Applebee's!!!!!!! BB 4 LYFE
    1 point
  6. PAGE ONE, BITCH WHISPERER
    1 point
  7. false tpbm needs a good back rub
    1 point
  8. there really comes a point where people should be forbidden from putting out music no matter how much record companies can make selling it to ignorant masses. Snoop has definitely reached this point.
    1 point
  9. how in the fuck is Clay still alive. for fucks sakes. when does BB start again.
    1 point
  10. first actual sketch in a while. getting back into it.
    1 point
  11. Listening hard for noises, esp. at night because your floor has collapsed and animals ('possum, rats) occasionally get in, killing them if they did. Skinning animals/making stuff out of their bones and trying to sell it. The barter system. Fried bologna. Showers and shits by candlelight because electricity bill cant be paid til next week/month. Single-wide state of minds...
    1 point
  12. for sure he lost it when he did ayahuasca with those jamaicans
    1 point
  13. i was 11 when it happened, pretty much had no idea what was going on. it was one of my first days of middle school.
    1 point
  14. 1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00