Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/18/2012 in all sections

1. All of the Walking Dead comics from 1-101(the newest) It gets updated every month with the newest issue. I told myself I was only going to read up until where the show was, but realized way to late that I had read way past where they currently are. the most recent mini story "something to fear" has been fucking awesome. http://www.1channel.ch/forum/viewthread.php?tid=465992&page=1
    2 points
  2. My files have got a little mixed around so a few of these may have already been posted.
    1 point
  3. Have not been around here in awhile
    1 point
  4. DAO isnt dead. his spirit always will live amungus all here in channel 1
    1 point
  5. THE CRAZY THING ABOUT IT EVERYTHANG BEEN CRAZY DAO DIED OF WEST NILE WHO GON TAKE CARE OF THEM BABIES?
    1 point
  6. 1 point
  7. Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    1 point
  8. Chattanooga's in the House! Don't get it twisted! 7 Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    1 point
  9. Soup-Lion, (I think we've bonded a bit now so I feel like I can say this. You've moved from Soup-Dogg to Soup-Lion). No reason to lash out at Cunt_Eastwood, he's simply referring back to your first post where you said, "from now until 2013 I plan on trying to unplug myself." Anyways, you're getting off topic. I'm still interested in seeing your claim supported by your Carr passage (post #62) in a clear way. You're not helping so I've decided to try and help you help me. In post #72 you posted a hint to your thought process. I'm going to try and put it in a clear, easy to read form and see where it actually supports your claim. In post #62 you said this.. "Claim: What I want readers to believe' Support: What I will use to support the claim Warrant: A general principle that explains why I think me evidence is accurate, and relevant to your claim." Here's your claim: Books allow for deeper concentration, contemplation, and memorization than any other format Your warrant: The claim is evident through scientific research Your support from post #72: "using the Net may, as Gary Small suggests, exercise the brain the way solving crossword puzzles does. But such intensive exercise, when it becomes our primary mode of thought, can impede deep learning and thinking. Try reading a book while doing a crossword puzzle; that’s the intellectual environment of the Internet" I'm going to experiment and change the order up in hopes of seeing what you see. Warrant: The claim is evident through scientific research Support #1: "using the Net may, as Gary Small suggests, exercise the brain the way solving crossword puzzles does. But such intensive exercise, when it becomes our primary mode of thought, can impede deep learning and thinking. Try reading a book while doing a crossword puzzle; that’s the intellectual environment of the Internet" Claim: Books allow for deeper concentration, contemplation, and memorization than any other format Putting it in this way helps me see that your claim is very different than what you said was support, and seemingly doesn't follow in any way. Carr doesn't even mention concentration, contemplation, or memorization. Another important note is Gary Smalls actual findings in the passage you privided, "...researchers found that when people search the Net they exhibit a very different pattern of brain activity than they do when they read book-like text. Book readers have a lot of activity in regions associated with language, memory, and visual processing, but they don’t display much activity in the prefrontal regions associated with decision making and problem solving. Experienced Net users, by contrast, display extensive activity across all those brain regions when they scan and search Web pages. The good news here is that Web surfing, because it engages so many brain functions, may help keep older people’s minds sharp. Searching and browsing seem to “exercise” the brain in a way similar to solving crossword puzzles, says Small." Please pay attention to the distinction Smalls makes here between searching the Net and reading book-like text, "when people search the Net they exhibit a very different pattern of brain activity than they do when they read book-like text." In your support, Carr only mentions Small's research results of when people are searching the Net. Carr does not say reading actual books is better in any way than reading book-like text. I think that is something you may be reading into the text and not getting form the text, but maybe I'm wrong. Again, that twelve paragraph passage is a critique of Net surfing and not of reading book-like text. Seems to me there are some large gaps between your support and your claim.
    1 point
  10. Hey Soup, if you're fucking thread is about not using computers, why don't you lead by example?
    1 point
  11. I can't judge shit on here....ain't nobody else can either I'm sayin'. This thread's filled with cats who paint 20 years ago, or niggas who started 1 year ago.....been retired for a while, brand new, or who still is fuckin' BLESSED to be able to give it their all this very second. Some cats from outta state, some from the burbs, few born & raised in this hellhole city. And no matter where the writer falls, there's all sorts of levels of pride & expectations in so many things that there's bound to be head bumpin' & disagreements. No matter how, when, where, or why you paint. No matter where you come from, where you been, or where you're heading.....no matter if you give a fuck in life, or don't or have incredible responsibilites or not a single one in life....I guess I'm sayin' to everybody keep doin' the damn thing. Whether graf makes your world go round, or your world enjoys graf being in your life no matter the emotional attachment involved, you doing you. Few cats dropped knowledge on me here that I ain't listen to in the past. You ain't gonna find no real respect here, no real beef, no real spittin' to muthafuckas on serious shit, no feelin' muthafuckas from a totally different planet than where you're from. Real talk, you come on here & look at pretty pictures & eventually watch a scene you grew to love with pride... change from what you know it as....and it'll happen to us all eventually if you really put in work to have loved this shit. This shit here...I'm good to say goodbye to. For those who ain't leavin' the ounce alone.....I envy you muthafuckas, it means you still doin' you & still got the ability in life to smash. Big ups on that & peace.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00