Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/07/2012 in Posts

1. I'm a grown up, ok? I think I can decide when it is or isn't a good idea to tell other people what I do in my spare time. graff n dance? is that what the kids are calling it these days?
    2 points
  2. Re: kony 2012 Not worth my time. The Invisible Children Inc gives way less then 50% of the money donated to them, to help those kids in need. Their finances are unaudited and money is often spent illegally on congressional lobbying. Uganda has a significantly bigger corruption problem than someone in hiding. Aid/funds are often stolen or simply disappear. Uganda's biggest problem is not Kony, who's beenhiding for years. It's that almost the entire country runs on Foreign aid. Uganda needs help making money. Uganda does not have a self sustaining economy, thus no jobs, no future, nothing for the kids to work towards because the whole country just runs on foreign aid, which mostly goes into the government's pocket. Arresting him won't make Democracy kick in and change these kids lives. People die but Beliefs remain, Taking out Kony will have no impact on these kids lives. Uganda has been fucked forever. Just a tear jerking story to get your money. Try having them pay your fines when you get caught wheat pasting their posters or putting their stickers up. While they will use your donates for illegal lobbying to get more of our troops to Uganda for another great game of hide and go seek. There are better places to donate your money too, anyone who quickly jumps on this kit and gives money deserves to have their money stolen.
    2 points
  3. This is a pretty good one. Its a diy zine, all interviews with people who have quit drinking.
    1 point
  4. Hey man I've seen families torn apart by Facebook. Don't even joke about that. Im sorry not everybody's in love with every white person acting like a social activist on youtube. If this is the guy who broke your sad-uganda-story cherry, that says more about you than him. There's been TONS of news articles, movies, etc made on the subject for the last twenty years. A few years ago "Johnny Mad Dog" came out. Awesome movie. Point is this has been going on for decades, so where've you been? And lets talk about WHY he posted that video: He wants your money. He wants you to donate to HIS charitable organization, over all the other charitable organizations that provide aid to uganda. Now charity in america is big business. The guys who run that "dollar a day for a child in need" bullshit on tv live on giant estates in Liberia with servants and the whole nine. They aren't jesus dying on the cross for our sins. They're running companies, and like any company you as the consumer should be aware of the product you're buying into. In this case the product is a cure-all for the guilt of being in a higher class than other people. Normally I would use the term "white guilt" but really its "class guilt." You wish poor people didn't have poor people problems so you donate money to poor people. In this case you give money to a rich white person who promises to give that money to poor people, but is he really? You have to do the research on this guy's organization and make that call for yourself. Uh, because we suck at it? Has our liberation tactics for cuba (spanish american war), vietnam, afghanistan, iraq, and now iran been ANY indicator that we're not really cut out to be liberators of the world? What you need is someone to go over there and establish a fucking infrastructure, build roads, seaports, airports, ways of getting trade going in Uganda so that an economy can build and people would be able to work, make money, become more independent and less dependent on joining a group of midevil bandits who rape and pillage villages. What you need is for are private companies to take an interest in the area, set up some sweat shops and get these fuckers out of poverty. See, the way you change a far part of the world is by connecting them to your part of the world. Facebook doesn't do that. Economies do. American consumers caring about what happens to sweatshop workers in China only happened because we buy things made by them.
    1 point
  5. Re: kony 2012 Invisible Children = Invisible Cops
    1 point
  6. Re: kony 2012 I stopped reading halfway through page 2 because you're all basically saying the same stuff. I haven't watched the video because I've seen the 24 tv movie and learned everything I need to know about child soldiers from that...but I just wanted to say, Soup looks like Ted Bundy. As you were.
    1 point
  7. Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    1 point
  8. http://youtu.be/5yc9FXJT8HE http://romanticallyapocalyptic.com/archives
    1 point
  9. Here's a couple city (downtown LA) redscale shots:
    1 point
  10. Re: kony 2012 nuke africa
    1 point
  11. Based off a Corolla, we never got it here because they canned production due to lack of sales in Japan - hence no RHD version. I would go Mazda 6 wagon or Subaru Outback, all day long.
    1 point
  12. ^ I believe you are misled sir. Those pieces you posted do not depict a Bite at all... That would be like calling Pert out for biting then posting pics of someone that has a freshly clean wild style...
    1 point
  13. Epic B-day bash going on the week of the 23rd. If anyone wants to join hit me up.
    1 point
  14. This thread? It's over!
    1 point
  15. yeah, bundy never made it to new york, nice try though. i don't get how people can believe shit that never even happened, it makes a rational man scratch his head. bunny's murder mobile wasn't set up like that anyway. on an unrelated note, id fuck debbie harry back then or now, real talk.
    1 point
  16. Re: kony 2012 is new found glory hipster? i really don't get it now.
    1 point
  17. so you tell people about the graff n dance ?????stop snitching on yourself dumdass
    1 point
  18. Re: kony 2012 hello my kony island baaaaaaaaaby
    1 point
  19. no I do have a job and I am not unionized thanks Soup, it is generally spelt with an S in the UK, maximise not maximize. Profit isn't the only goal of business, if you maximise short term profits it generally has a negative impace on the longer term prospects of the company. You can cut employee benefits to improve profit (less productive less morale with the workers), you can cut training for workers (less outlay in training and increase in profits but not so good for long term prospects), you could outsource your production (increase in profits, sometimes drop in product quality thus hitting the brand reputation). To say that profit is the only reason for business does not show the whole picture unless you have no interest in your company actually having any longer term prospects. Also people don't just work for profit, they also work for self improvement, society, a sense of commitment, obviously they wouldnt do it for free however they may earn less than they can in other professions due to their beliefs, the free market alwayts assumes that people solely work for profit. It isn't all about the sub-prime mortgages. There are other things like short selling that have negative effects (I know some countries have now banned this practise too). I do not ask for governments to control banks, I am not advocating for state run banks, I am saying the regulation of the financial markets should be stricter, with regulators that actually understand the market they are regulating (something we didn't have before). Also those CEOs that gambled on the subprime markets had nothing to loose, even if it did go all pear shaped they would walk away with a golden handshake from the company and receive huge amounts of money from the company firing them. That is wrong. There is zero consequences for the companies or individuals involved. Not to mention the completely ass backwards way the credit rating agencies work but that is something different.
    1 point
  20. I just want to clarify a few things about the video: 1. That guy had NOTHING to do with Obama wanting to send troops into Uganda. He was talking about sending troops into Uganda before he was even elected. 2. Facebook is NOT EVER going to change ANYTHING in america. White people need to stop thinking that "liking" a video and spreading around a viral youtube flick is going to do anything. 3. Like I said in the channel Zero thread about the exact same thing, the word of the day here is QUALIFICATIONS. I don't see how an emo haircut dude that talks to everyone like we're the same age as his son is Qualified to lead the united states military into war against Ugandan rebels. I'm a liberal and I fucking HATE this when Bleeding Heart white people are stuck on this idea that the United States Government is a charity organization for the entire world. 3.5 I want genocidal lunatics dead as much as the next guy and as a red-blooded man I too have the urge to go leave the sanctuary for lazy white people that is "America" for the ass-backwards motherland of Africa. That doesn't mean I'm QUALIFIED to do so. Matter fact, strap up those kids with their matching team-building teeshirts and have them go kill Kony themselves. If their parents can afford college they can afford to buy Jake and Tiffany an AK and a plane ticket. They're up against a bunch of ten year olds. How hard could it be? I would like to think that they're qualified to civilize Uganda in some other way but from that video their skill set seems to be: wear uniforms, chant in unison. Sounds like an army to me. (half joking)
    1 point
  21. Re: kony 2012 You don't know how to come at me, do you?
    1 point
  22. Re: kony 2012 if this isnt a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black, i dont know what is.
    1 point
  23. Re: kony 2012 It's really hard to join a cause when the leader sounds like a liberal moron with a faggy pop punk/emo new found glory haircut and has a bunch of white college kids standing around in matching band shirts yelling like they're making a change. I also hate his government reliance and ignorance to american politics.
    1 point
  24. Re: kony 2012 I hate to agree w/ DAO... But he is right Africa has always been a shit hole of war and rape and ethnic cleansings for as far back as I can remember and that's longer than I care to admit to. Is it right? Not by any means. Will an internet petition do anything to change it, no. The US has been stepping up involvement in Africa for a while now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Joint_Task_Force_–_Horn_of_Africa My old room-mate is there, and he has told me the guys they are training over there have said to them point blank that they don't want us there and the sooner we leave the sooner they can get back to killing. The cultural/tribal feuds run deeper than we could possibly understand and all we are doing now is teaching them to be better killers, more efficient, more tactically sound.
    1 point
  25. Re: kony 2012 You know that's nothing new, right? Africans been doing that since forever. For as long as I've been alive (a lot longer than you) there's been stories on the news about child (actual children, not just 16,17 year olds) soldiers in Africa who were abducted from their families and forced into the militant life. Shit, who you think captured the slaves that were sold to white people back in the day? /noracist. /blame it on capitalism/greed.
    1 point
  26. As if Skrews cum dribbling out your mouth wasn't enough, you said something in your rant about "real recognize real". 1) Tag banging is a west coast term that nobody in Philly ever heard of much less uses. 2) Baby Rock for the most part was a tagger. You would be hard pressed to find very many Baby Rock "stompers" over other peoples pieces and fillins. 3) Your statement of ICP going over ATP in the tone that ICP is fucking up by going over ATP shows your lack of knowledge on Phlly graffiti period. I've been out of town for a minute and know nothing about ICP going over ATP so for all I know you might maybe possibly be correct for all I know, but the fact that you worded it to say that ATP>ICP just shows your lack of Philly graff knowledge and that you're definitely not from Philly. And if that wasn't enough proof that you're not from Philly, there's always this: "Real recognize real" No "real" detective work needed.
    1 point
  27. IMG]http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6173/6171624466_8aab694102_b.jpg[/img]
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00