Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 01/13/2012 in all sections

1. Dear Oontz People, Just had to update ya'll, I am 12wks and 4 days pregnant... Heres the little angel as of yesterday <3 Im sorry I cant be on as often, all i do is sleep and work :\ As days go on though ill keep it all updated :) -steezles
    2 points
  2. after letting tons of shit get into my mind and worrying about this and that.....i go to a meeting and get exactly what i needed to hear, take shit one day at a time. an old timer with 40 years got up and said that the key to life and sobriety is like playing draw poker, you dont bet all your chips based on quick decisions (negative thinking), sometimes you fold a bad hand but you are still in the game etc.....even folding gives you a chance to watch how the other players play. Im butchering the fuck out of what he was saying but it was really what i needed to hear. After that we all dressed up like jesus and reenacted the last supper, the costumes are bought by our government funding. Fun times.
    2 points
  3. http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/01/militarys-weapon-against-iranian-mines-high-tech-dolphins/47384/ If Iran closes the Strait of Hormuz, the U.S. Navy has a backup plan to save one-fifth of the world's daily oil trade: send in the dolphins. The threat of Iran closing the strait has reached a fever pitch, reports today's New York Times, with U.S. officials warning Iran's supreme leader that such moves would cross a "red line" provoking a U.S. response. Iran could block the strait with any assortment of mines, armed speed boats or anti-ship cruise missiles but according to Michael Connell at the Center for Naval Analysis, “The immediate issue [for the U.S. military] is to get the mines.” To solve that problem, the Navy has a solution that isn't heavily-advertised but has a time-tested success rate: mine-detecting dolphins. "We've got dolphins," said retired Adm. Tim Keating in a Wednesday interview with NPR. Keating commanded the U.S. 5th Fleet in Bahrain during the run-up to the Iraq war. He sounded uncomfortable with elaborating on the Navy's use of the lovable mammals but said in a situation like the standoff in Hormuz, Navy-trained dolphins would come in handy: KEATING: They are astounding in their ability to detect underwater objects. NPR's TOM BOWMAN: Dolphins were sent to the Persian Gulf as part of the American invasion force in Iraq. KEATING: I'd rather not talk about whether we used them or not. They were present in theater. BOWMAN: But you can't say whether you used them or not. KEATING: I'd rather not. The invasion of Iraq was the last time the minesweeping capability of dolphins was widely-touted. "Dolphins - - which possess sonar so keen they can discern a quarter from a dime when blindfolded and spot a 3-inch metal sphere from 370 feet away -- are invaluable minesweepers," reported The San Francisco Chronicle. In 2010, the Seattle Times reported that the Navy has 80 bottlenose dolphins in the San Diego Bay alone. They are taught to hunt for mines and drop acoustic transponders nearby. The photo above shows a dolphin with a tracking device attached to its fin. According to a report in 2003, the dolphins only detect the mines. Destroying them is left up to the Navy's human divers. Still, the mammals are large enough to detonate a live mine, a prospect that doesn't delight animal rights groups. When this was an issue in 2003, lobbying for the rights of dolphins was much more politically sensitive given that scores of U.S. men and women were being sent into battle as well. "We're not going to second-guess the Navy at a time of war," said Naomi Rose, a marine mammal scientist with the Humane Society. "But we don't support the use of marine mammals for military use." According to the Chronicle, the two groups emphasized that "they were not placing the lives of animals above those of troops. But they questioned the ethics and wisdom of using wild animals to ensure safe passage through hostile waters." Petitions have also been sent to the Defense Department protesting the use of dolphins: [since] forces regard the Navy dolphins as enemy dolphins, there might be attempts on the dolphins lives. There is also the risk of indiscriminate killing of wild dolphin populations because any dolphin can potentially be an enemy dolphin. Also, the inherent danger that a dolphin may be injured or killed in mine-hunting operations remains a very real threat. Back in 2003, Tom LaPuzza, a spokesman for the San Diego-based Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, cast aside the skepticism about how the dolphins were treated: By nature, dolphins are naturally reliable and trustworthy animals who seem to enjoy pleasing their human handlers, LaPuzza said. When they are released into the ocean for missions, "they come back to the handler, the trainer" ashore or on a ship. ****Cliffnotes Version: The marine corps is sending in dogs with laser beams attached to their heads to fix the situation with Iran. Picturebook version:
    1 point
  4. YOOOOOOO whats good my G..you already know!! 6 building thugs!! lol!!
    1 point
  5. hey, heres an idea.....lets not "carpet bomb the fuck" out of anybody...especially women and children. instead how about spend our money on...oh...i dont know....jobs....the economy....maybe even education??...maybe that will help with the lack of tolerance for other people. and here i was thinking canadians were tolerant...you're in toronto right weapon?...i believe theres a huge iranian population in toronto...so, something must have happened to you where you want their women and children to die. care to share?
    1 point
  6. Yeah I hear ya. My "stop smoking for New Years" resolution was just that. It lasted all of New Years day...and that was about it. :nope:
    1 point
  7. The fact is this poor kid wanted to paint the lines, took the risk and somehow didn't hear the Goose flying around the bend. Same thing happened to Bingo, he made a wrong judgement while corssing the lines. It was 9:30 at night, trains run on mainline unitl past 1am so if you're going to paint that early you have to be quick and spot each other. Regarding the laws and legal wall debate. There are plenty of arguments for and against legal walls. There's a government study on it that included community views, police, writers, the lot. No one's to blame, no amount of legals will stop people bombing the lines, insides, doing panels etc. Lesson from this (once again) is be careful on the lines. Learn the system better and watch out for your mates. Condolences to his family and friends.
    1 point
  8. I just broke my resolution, I'm a smoker again. I knew I shoulda thrown the pack out. *sigh*
    1 point
  9. there is no such thing as utopia, you are the only person that mentions that. I would rather be a statist or a commie rather than someone that has no regard for society or trying to make everyones life better, all I ever get from you is that as long as the person at the top is winning and making money then that is fine, to hell with the people who get downtrodden to that ends, they have no right to moan because they are having a few crumbs thrown at them for all their hard work. You constantly disregard the actual real world and talk theory, theory doesnt count for shit, it is just theory it hasnt been proven in reality. Why shouldnt there be social justice? why should the poor be left to rot? because you dont want to pay some tax? or adhere to a law that protects a workers rights? I am glad that the libertarian view will never make it into the real world via a politician actually being elected to a true position of power because that would just make the rich richer and the poor poorer.
    1 point
  10. please dont turn this poor kids passing into another crusade for legal walls
    1 point
  11. carhartt flannel shirt snow shades gold time teller
    1 point
  12. Jet set radio planted a heavy seed in me, in my early pre teen years.. when i went to college i dont know why the hell i racked sum paint at a walmart where i usually steal groceries. did a few sloppy as tags and throw ups which planted another seed. when i came back from college.. I took a break from school and b4 i knew it.. I srarted writing.. now im in the game..
    1 point
  13. But most Afghani people I've met in Canada have been cool. As have been Iraqis. It's Iran that needs to get carpet bombed the fuck up and have the women and children killed, IMHO.
    1 point
  14. 1 point
  15. Well if you think about all the pee in the worlds oceans, that might explain why they buried him at sea?
    1 point
  16. Sick fucks that do shit like this should be tortured the same way they did to the victim as their punishment.
    1 point
  17. I predict in the future it will always be night, there will be lots of neon, classic muscle cars mixed with flying cars, we'll live in sectors, wear codpieces, and there will be roaming gangs of rollerbladers in trench coats with UZIs fighting for control of the water supply and designer (glowing) drugs.
    1 point
  18. basically anyone stupid enough to enter work without a contract of employment deserves to be fucked over by their employer, it is their own stupid fault for not getting in writing the terms and conditions of the employment. It is straight against the law for an employer to do what you are suggesting, this is why if an employer wants to terminate your position then they need a valid reason for doing so, and to have followed the disciplinary procedures within that business. Sometimes this is really frustrating for the employer but they have to do it. I do not know what kind of lala land people live in if they think it is fine for an empoyer to fire you for not working more hours. If my contract states I get paid X amount for the hours I work I can, if I want hand in my notice (another thing that is always in a contract of employment) and leave. If I just quit and walk out then the employer can give bad references, reclaim overpayment of wages back from me etc. An employer can request that you change your working hours (again it would be in the contract) subject to them giving you relevant notice, generally 4 weeks. If you think an empoyer can do whatever the hell they want due to them owning the business then I would have to say I would not want to live in that type of society because employers would fuck their staff left right and centre. So as far as I am concerned props to the government for having employment laws.
    1 point
  19. fuck 'em. fuck every last one of 'em. these third world fuckers behead people and broadcast it on the internet. if the media in this country actually showed what these animals do to foreign aid workers and their own women(stoning), you'd realize that what the marines did was pretty tame. their only mistake was taking pics of it. but then again, most of them are pretty young, and young people do some stupid shit.
    1 point
  20. http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Du0hmmJPFU1s&start1=0&video2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhZN565uhnGc&start2=19&authorName=Bob+Bobby
    1 point
  21. You must be confusing it with a position as a "used car salesman". . . it's a soldier, for a professional soldier to be effective in a war they must be re-programed to hold human life to a different standard. They must be desensitized to violence, the must be taught that killing is ok. Of all my friends who have been in the service, none of them ever told me a story about a drill sergeant yelling in their ear "kill the enemy, wipe out the evil and tyranny of this world, but be very gentle and as respectful as possible in the way you go about it". Fuck, if some dude started a fight with my boy on the street and my boy knocked him out I'd consider pissing on the guy while he's sprawled out on the floor. . . never mind someone trying to kill me and my "brothers" with every last fiber of their being. So in conclusion, I fully support their decision to piss on the bodies, I do not support their decision to film it and get caught out there.
    1 point
  22. THAT PICTURE IS PISSING ME OFF, I NEVER KICKED THE FOOTBALL WITH MY INDEX FINGER! ALWAYS THE MIDDLE FINGER OF POWER!
    1 point
  23. [ATTACH]170454.vB[/ATTACH]
    1 point
  24. Which reminds me, PENCIL FIGHTS...
    1 point
  25. Some of you seem to be forgetting that these heroic troops go around pretending to look for terrorists. The bigger picture is the US acquisition of Eurasia. [quote=Zbigniew Brzezinski The Grand Chessboard]"How America 'manages' Eurasia is critical. A power that dominates Eurasia would control two of the world's three most advanced and economically productive regions. A mere glance at the map also suggests that control over Eurasia would almost automatically entail Africa's subordination, rendering the Western Hemisphere and Oceania geopolitically peripheral to the world's central continent. About 75 per cent of the world's people live in Eurasia, and most of the world's physical wealth is there as well, both in its enterprises and underneath its soil. Eurasia accounts for about three-fourths of the world's known energy resources." (p.31) This pissing on the dead shit is merely a distraction to keep you diverted from the real goal, to get you having pointless humanitarian debates.
    1 point
  26. You're close..., but I think this is more accurate:
    1 point
  27. I seem to have forgotten about our POWS too? How many are there? Also, some people who love each other urinate on one another and some people who hate each other do it too....confusing world we live in.
    1 point
  28. For me, its important to accept that because I have an addiction problem, I am physically different from those who dont. My brain also functions differently, so I have to understand that its perfectly normal to think about drinking and getting high. I do so fairly frequently. The difference is that I no longer obsess about it. I am no longer pre-occupied with these thoughts and because of that, I am able to do other things well. I got to this point by 'doing the whole AA thing.' It helps me to have stuff to do also, I get myself into trouble sitting alone trying to talk myself out of poor choices that I enjoy making. There is a fine line though. I get burnt out always feeling like I have to get shit done..so I do need to take time and just sit around to relax. Maybe im just getting old though, because my life is nowhere near as hectic as it once was. On a side note. I am FINALLY about to close on my house!!! We started trying to buy this place in late june. It has been an awful process thus far. One of the most stressful things ever...BUT, it is about to be over. I will be an official home owner next tuesday. Holy fuck.
    1 point
  29. Some shit I designed from this summer. Churchhill SF Barrelhouse Burlingame Trade sekretz: http://krtong.com/Interiordesignresourcelist.doc http://krtong.com/vendorlist.doc I'd post more pics but fuck it. Those lists are basically everything i've got. Oh and neat things pop up on svpply.com. It's like my aggregator for random stuff+etsy+elsewhere
    1 point
  30. "Every night in my dream"(Titanic song)... i love romantic song.....my favorite number.....
    1 point
  31. The forum is up again before 2:15...excellent nonsense.
    1 point
  32. Not yet but soon I'll be on the Tumblr.
    1 point
  33. nice pov compilation
    1 point
  34. Keepitrail Injury eatin some breakfast right na0 CaliG snappin two fine pieces of ass And good old Rolf Harris
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00