Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/17/2011 in all sections

1. At the Lao border, we had some problems with the guards over how much the bribe was going to be. You expect a few dollars on top of the official price, but they were asking for $10 extra each. Rik got really angry and started talking about reporting them at which point they started getting pretty aggressive with us. If there's one group of people you don't want problems with it's border guards, they can fuck up your day a lot more than you can fuck up theirs.. I managed to settle on $10 total with them then I dragged Rik away. We started walking along the road towards our next destination. We probably walked for around 10 miles before catching our first ride, a really cool guy who let us sit in the back of his pickup truck. On the way he stopped the car and took us to this. Cold chillin. We had another walk of about 3 miles where he dropped us off. This was our destination, Don Det, an island in southern Laos. This place is known as a brilliant place to just chill and watch the world go by. Our room had a balcony with hammocks overlooking the Mekong. We spent our time chilling out, smoking weed and meeting other travellers. Of course the Dutch know how to roll big joints.. An old steam locomotive I found. More waterfalls. We also made friends with this guy. Thieving monkey. He would always try and take shit out of your pockets. We moved on, catching various rides going North. Hitching in Laos was made easier by the fact that there is just one road going from the Southern border to the Northern one. As such we could catch any ride going north and know we were going the right way. One evening became known as the 'sugar truck night'. We caught a ride with a guy and his wife and I think his mother in law. They put us on the back of the truck, which was laden with sacks and sacks of sugar. After a few hours driving the truck got a flat tire. We ended up having to lift the truck up whilst the guy put the spare on. We drove on, but after a while it became clear that the spare wasn't pumped up enough to support the trucks weight. Eventually the driver called up a buddy of his to help spread the weight of the sugar. His buddy caught up with us and we helped lift the sacks over from one truck to the other. We laughed at how sketchy this looked, two white boys and two locals lifting big sacks of white powder from truck to another in the middle of the night. Eventually they dropped us off at a guesthouse on the side of the road. Dirty work. My t-shirt from the 'sugar truck night' next to a fresh one. "the best lollipop I ever had."
    3 points
  2. So I'm on day 3, this is kind of a big deal as the longest I've gone sober was close to a week. I'm going to hit this party tonight my buddy is throwing, he owns a liquor store and it's going to be at this deli next door. He's going to offer me a shot as soon as I walk in and I'm going to say no. I'm positive I won't be tempted, I like not being hung over every day waiting for night to fall so I can buy a liter.
    2 points
  3. 2 points
  4. Dam cinco been waiting on that exchange for a while now. none the less its a dope sketch thnx. dnt write jones anymore tho changed it to Dosem....just did these two sketches 2day. two different styles im working on. not to happy bout the background on dis one.
    1 point
  5. Got rid of a Green Flash IPA this morning before work, not bad. Might have been a bit old, because it certainly didn't bite like a 95+ibu'ER - even at 6am.
    1 point
  6. but that rice pudding stomach... ugh
    1 point
  7. How could you be underrated if you're one of the best known writers to EVER come from Los Angeles?
    1 point
  8. i just wish that fat ass girl didn't have bones. she'd be way skinnier then. and attractive. she just looks unrealistic to date with all that weight.
    1 point
  9. Whoa, great to see this pop up again. This was from a wild night painting with Big5 in our Compton spot in LA in 97-98. RIP Bill.
    1 point
  10. graffiti by ExcuseMySarcasm, on Flickr
    1 point
  11. A small RJ Corman yard somewhere out here in PA. Me and buddy found him heating a spoon, under a bridge you have to go under to get the yard. The dude turned out to be chill (prob cause he got his fix), but hooked us up on some tips with getting into the yard, the hours the workers are there, how to get in when it's raining, and hooked us up with some mini chocolate chip cookies! Some Dude... by Snifyson, on Flickr Just because some are helpful, donesn't mean they'll all help you out. Whether you're benching, searching, or just chillen, always bring a weapon along (unless you're good with your hands!).
    1 point
  12. WAH WAH MSK WAH WAH. FUCK EVERYONE THAT AINT ME.
    1 point
  13. 1 point
  14. I support anything Cesar does with his music, he deserves it. Seriously though, that last shit "lets ride" is my new favorite song by him. The good stuff.
    1 point
  15. you really think london undergrounds the best metro system ahaaaa always late or cancelled!
    1 point
  16. Challenge accepted! Although greek riot photos will probably trump the best I can come up with... On the subject of Copenhagen, I think I'll reply here rather than derailing my own thread :p I'm currently applying for Danish citizenship also, but the form says I have to have been in the country for a year total across my entire lifetime. This is no problem for me as between the time I lived there and the many trips to visit my family over there I've made a year, but it is worth looking that up.. I also have the huge advantage of being able to speak the language fluently. This is immensly helpful when trying to get intial shit sorted such as personal number and bank account. The Danes are hugely beurocratic, and make things as difficult as possible for foreigners. But as soon as they hear you speak the language, they make things easy for you. Don't know if you speak any but if not maybe try get your dad(?) to teach you a bit. I have some family over there, and a few family friends, so when I initially moved there I was staying with them at first. I had a mate who I knew as well who had similar interests to me so he showed me around. I had a good base of people that I knew beforehand, and it was still pretty damn difficult to find work and a place to live. I ended up getting a job working in a shitty take away food place cos my friend managed to get me a job. But, the minimum wage is so high that that wasn't a big problem, plus I got free food.. The apartment I eventually moved into was a friend of a friends as well.. Basically I found it pretty hard at first to get shit sorted, and when I did it was with the help of the connections I had. I'm not sure how much of a base you have already in CPH, but my advice is to try and get as much sorted as possible beforehand, so you don't end up homeless with no money(which I very nearly did). In terms of where to live the best areas are either Vesterbro or Norrebro. This is where most stuff goes on and it shouldn't be too hugely expensiive. Vesterbro is becoming hipsterville at the moment though so maybe aim for Norrebro instead. Plus Norrebro is the most heavily bombed neighbourhood and where you are most likely to meet other writers if that is what you're into. The Norvest area is also pretty cool, as is Christianshavn(but Christianshavn is stupidly expensive). Another essential thing is the get a bike straightaway. As you've seen, Copenhagen is a cycle city. Danes can be pretty reserved people, but in my experience once you've been shitfaced drunk with them once, you are friends for life. This shouldn't be a problem for you as an aussie.. Milk the fact that you are foreign, Danish ladies love foreigners. And Danish ladies are fine as fuck, I managed to punch way, way above my weight when I was out there.. Try if possible to move out there in spring. Winter is not fun at all in Denmark, think cycling to work in blizzards and -15degrees. Plus in summer CH is fucking rad, so many cool things happen all over the city. I realise this post seems pretty negative, which is definitely not my intention. I had the time of my life while I was over there, made some amazing friends and fucked some gorgeous women. Plus Copenhagen is a writers paradise. Trains, streets, rooftops, it has it all. I definitely plan on moving back. Let me know when you actually do move over there and I'll try and hook you up with some more adivce..
    1 point
  17. cheap wiskey and weed in the morning, gott hammered last night
    1 point
  18. Fist, I'm glad you liked the zine.
    1 point
  19. I'm sorry but that front page post not only once but twice is a complete snitch mpve on 12oz. You are legitimizing his case to the fullest! wtf?
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00