Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 12/15/2010 in all sections

1. First of all, I am not claiming to have invented this trick. I imagine others have used it with varying degrees of success. I also want to point out that nothing here is embellished or exaggerated. I had tickets to a sporting event and couldn't attend. I made a 1-day listing and clearly stated that the tickets must be picked up in person within 24 hours (the game was the evening after the auction ended, so there wasn't any time to ship the tickets). A woman won the auction for about $600. The auction had ended at 10:00am and by 5:00pm she still hadn't responded to my emails trying to organize the exchange. Finally, at 9:30pm, I got a one-liner email: "I overbid and my husband won't let me buy these. Sorry and enjoy the game! :)" I first tried explaining that I wouldn't have the time to resell the tickets (I already got turned down by the losing bidders). She said, "... that's not my problem. It's eBay, not a car dealership. I can back out if I want." I still don't understand the car dealership reference. I was pretty upset. I was basically going to be stuck with tickets to an event that I couldn't attend. That's when I got the idea to convince her to change her mind. I created a new eBay account, "Payback" we'll call it, and sent her a message: "Hi there, I noticed you won an auction for 4 [sporting event] tickets. I meant to bid on these but couldn't get to a computer. I wanted to take my son and dad and would be willing to give you $1,000 for the tickets. I imagine that you've already made plans to attend, but I figured it was worth a shot." At 11:30pm she responded to Payback: "I'll do it for $1,100, no less. I can meet you at the game if you agree. I need your phone number." At 11:35pm, Payback wrote: "Deal. Here is my number..." (Thanks Google Voice for the throwaway number). She called a few minutes later and made Payback "promise" to go through with the deal. She emphasized that she'd be out a lot of money if Payback backed out. Payback swore he would never do such a thing. At 11:45pm, the woman emailed me: "Fine. I'll buy them. But you have to drop them off at my house tonight. I'll have the cash ready." So at fucking midnight I drove to her house across town and met her on the road in front of her apartment building. She was a nasty and rude individual. Things didn't get any better when I told her I wanted an extra $20 for the trouble of driving there at midnight (yeah, pushing my luck, I know). It became very awkward and she literally threw 31 $20 bills at me. I counted them before handing over the tickets. I said, "thanks for the great transaction" as she flipped me off while walking away. At 10:00am she called Payback to make sure they were still on for the exchange. Payback said that he could no longer go to the game and wouldn't be able to do the exchange. She blew her fucking top and I swear to god started speaking in tongues. Payback said, "Ma'am, this is eBay, not a car dealership" and hung up. I got a rabid email 10 minutes later telling me that I was going to hell and that she's reported me to the local police, FBI, and... the fire department. WTF? I never heard another word from her. I have no idea if she went to the game or not. Was this wrong? EDIT: The Rabid Email "Fuxking funny fucker! You know you can go to JAIL for this. YOu theef!!!!! [City] cops FBI fire and government already no. Your done. I got your number and your name. This is thefting property FUCKER!!! Give my $620 back or everything bad wiil happen - FUCK!!!!! You cant steal and get away. Refund me now or else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dpnt want a lawsuit. Trust me. u dont. You can have tickets jut give my my money and be done." That's the bulk of the email, word for word. There was more at the end too. She must have pressed 'enter' 30 times and wrote "FUCK" and the another 30 times and wrote "HELL". Then she wrote her name which was strange. not my story but thats pretty awesome
    5 points
  2. My favorite things. Most of these are from Las Vegas, I'll note if they are from elsewhere. Also, rainbows, clouds, moons,stars etc..anything 'up there' I know you all have some amazing photos to share-i've seen 'em. I'm such a noob, so please other noobs jump in-as well as you boys with big toys I can remember almost the exact location, feeling, smell in the air, or what was going through my mind when i look at each picture. *excuse any SM stamp This sunset was just the other night-steppin right outside my front door sunset-looking out my front door sunrise-driving the kid to the bus stop sunrise skies. standing on the tracks under an overpass getting a spot before I lost all my daylight driving back from Utah New Years Eve 2009 sunrise-out benchin after a good rainstorm the night previous. soooper humid, the most dense air i've felt ever sunrise-towards the end of summer. there was a fire somewhere on the way to so cal burning. Incerdibly windy, stormy night. almost blew over my tripod Sunset-looking east mesa, Az Driving into Mesa last August
    3 points
  3. CLICKY CLACKY CLICKITY CLACK CLACK BEEP.. POST EM UP GUIDO SCHNEIDER + ANDRE GALLUZZI - baccara http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6scxTWXM6U0 RYO MURAKAMI - coke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muDsfVJXNnE AKIKO KIYAMA - peridot KALIBER - 10.2 MINILOGUE - certain things http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQDLAw3h0SY JON GAISER - chlorine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7QF7bpWtdw JEFF MILLS - berlin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JpkutRj8Xg PLASTIKMAN - spastik SHINICHI ATOBE - the red line http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuyrzxJQd9c JOHN TEJADA - paranoia GUI BORATTO - shebang MATHEW JONSON - decompression
    3 points
  4. A few hundred more from this year on my flickr. Cheers. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26110957@N02/
    3 points
  5. Well the years almost over. This thread is for me to reminisce on my most memorable periods of channel zero. Members: TEASE: Channel zeros class clown. The poor guy started a thread asking for advice on a stereo system for his car, he mentioned he already had amps but wanted advice about subs and decks. Channel zero being the assholes they are posted pages upon pages of pictures/info on amps, not only in that thread but every consequent thread he made, even his posts in other threads were quoted and replied with more amp related information. This went on for over a year. GLIK0: The Bully He loved to tell you about how tough he was and how much money he made. And loved pulling peoples cards. Haha he was a cool/smart guy though and I enoyed his posts. EL MAM & PMB: Comedy You all know the stories of mams dad. And how PMB would "Approve" threads. These dudes were SO passionate to the point that when they reached 5000 posts (that was a big deal in 2003/2004) they both created websites to celebrate the occasion. Loads of photos and stories. I guess when you hit 30 the desire to share "off topic" conversation with writers fades somewhat. On the topic of channel zero memories does anyone remember in 2005 when the place became overly intimate? There was 2 threads running one "Post your graff" people started with snippets then stopped caring and blatently posted the whole thing with links to their myspace pages (hahah myspace). Then there was the "I want to see you" thread where people were posting blurred photos of their faces, and yet again they stopped caring and posting their whole faces. Lots of people were put down, many were jocked, the women were all hit on by lonely creeps PM'ing them for "e-bonding". That shit would NEVER go down now. Good times. Can anyone think of anything else that stood out? Please share. Or alternatively ruin the last 12 minutes of my life with irrelevant youtube links, pictures with captions, or off topic comments....Its all part of the wonders of this place.
    2 points
  6. this thread is terrible. it should be called the gay bear love thread
    2 points
  7. AYO WHO IS THIS KOOL G RAP AND POLOS BACK AGAN
    2 points
  8. KAYO PRICE JEKL KEFR DAVE AHOY and all those other vato's. Doin it holmes
    2 points
  9. So what does a guy have to do around here to get all these tampons removed? This thread really ravaged what little green bars I had. Fantasmicle!
    2 points
  10. bump DSD for all the flix
    2 points
  11. Go watch this shit if you already haven't seen it. Its like a refined version of the office. Its made by the same people anyway, its practically the same show. Yet its still fucking hilarious, partly because Aziz Ansari is in it. Im not putting up pictures or some shit but heres a link to go watch it http://www.tvduck.com/Parks-and-Recreation.html
    1 point
  12. Around 75 from this year. Enjoy.
    1 point
  13. Just like above....this picture kinda tells the tale of the rarity of certain graffiti mentalities that we sometimes forget about: Some people live in their own worlds, of course...and graf is their own, nobody else shares the outlook if you ain't down with those people. This is some real rare shit here. Hood ass muthafuckas who live graffiti, and has been for years. Now....you can have someone in and out of a scene within 3 years who hit up 2000 throws, and never thought about graffiti again, or you could have someone who hits this type of shit 20 times a years, for 20 years, and each month of those 20 years, eats, breathes, and lives the thought of graffiti, and their life is being a writer. Seeing this shit first hand, my only question is: who is the real writer? I never figured it out. But I gotta respect both.
    1 point
  14. went last year... Fenway was electric. that wont be duplicated again, why they chose to make a special HBO show this year and not in the most historic and celebrated ball field of all time is beyond me...
    1 point
  15. Ha. Had completely forgot about that. to add: -photo of devilush fingering her asshole -when you could type in text that was the same color as the background. SOC -Extreme Hammock -Roe -Polaroid Passaround
    1 point
  16. nigga i dont no you ease up my little vanilla chai
    1 point
  17. i dont have any pictures or anything from times passed bit-- bibloboi or whatever-- was a cop that felt like she got so close to us that she could tell us that she was a cop and not get banned. -sudz- and his cows there was a year or so where blatant 'fun' names were being used -- mr. horse, wrong thread guy, can't think of any others destruction league inception.. i dont think this is happening anymore. tease was the first person to get a stupid amount of names banned and still come back. video of kettie cat squeezing ky out of her pussy. channel zero was the only forum to talk about shit that wasn't graffiti. the bicycle in the garage welcome page picture...
    1 point
  18. just watched it, meh. here's a streaming link: http://movielab.tv/watch/51464/exit_through_the_gift_shop/full
    1 point
  19. Re: **2010 PHOTO HUNT THREAD** late as usual.. 1.teeth 2.long exposure 3.brick 4.entrance 5.dizzy 6.macro (kinda, not really) 7.foreign 8.crystal clear x 9.glutteny x 10.domestic bonus xxx but here's a random niiice new list SMXXL i'll try n be more on time...
    1 point
  20. some from the depths of one of my photobucket accounts. edit: I die every time i look at the pmb/tesser face mash. so awesomely creepy.
    1 point
  21. http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114598
    1 point
  22. he was all and then astoria was like
    1 point
  23. stolen from ccsdo5...
    1 point
  24. Nah. BSM already knows tits.. We don't need all that...
    1 point
  25. hahaha massgraff....awesome
    1 point
  26. Needs more Villalobos and Trentemoller.
    1 point
  27. 1 point
  28. http://www.cupsizechoir.com/?k=1
    1 point
  29. ^^^^ besides the fact it's hard to tell what you're meant to be looking at. it's not worthy
    1 point
  30. One thing that bugs the fuck out of me from the season finale: The piece of shit Pontiac that Dex rolled at that camp. Wouldn't the cops be just a bit curious about it being there? I'm sure they got out in JChase's car, but the Pontiac was upside down, how they supposed to cover that shit up? Lumen would get the knife if it were my show.
    1 point
  31. 1 point
  32. I still have my baseball 12oz shirt. Still no simple circle 12 like we've been requesting for years? :(
    1 point
  33. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_killer here's for getting away... The Zodiac Killer was a serial killer who operated in Northern California in the late 1960s. The Zodiac killer's identity remains unknown. The Zodiac killer coined the name "Zodiac" in a series of taunting letters sent to the local Bay Area press. These letters included four cryptograms (or ciphers), three of which have yet to be solved. The Zodiac murdered victims in Benicia, Vallejo, Lake Berryessa, and San Francisco between December 1968 and October 1969. Four men and three women between the ages of 16 and 29 were targeted. Numerous suspects have been named by law enforcement and amateur investigators but no conclusive evidence has surfaced. In April 2004, the San Francisco Police Department marked the case "inactive", yet re-opened the case at some point prior to March 2007.[1] The case also remains open in the city of Vallejo as well as in Napa County and Solano County.[2] The California Department of Justice has maintained an open case file on the Zodiac murders since 1969.[3]
    1 point
  34. Not a fan of the Z to be honest
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00