Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/25/2009 in all sections

1. dam his teeth look big in this pic ... might have to shrink them on the canvas lol OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!
    5 points
  2. some of my day today in Canberra Australia On my way to submit an essay. Then lunch with my sister at uni. I had pizza Then made it healthy Walked back through uni past colleges Stroll past the lake back to my college To the desk of destiny Sunny day in the land of OZ.
    3 points
  3. Link to see the letters: http://microsite.smithsonianmag.com/content/jackson-pollock/pollock.html Link to article: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/Decoding-Jackson-Pollock.html It was my wife, Marianne Berardi, who first saw the letters. We were looking at a reproduction of Jackson Pollock's breakthrough work, Mural, an 8-by 20-foot canvas bursting with physical energy that, in 1943, was unlike anything seen before. The critic Clement Greenberg, Pollock's principal champion, said he took one look at the painting and realized that "Jackson was the greatest painter this country has produced." A Museum of Modern Art curator, the late Kirk Varnedoe, said Mural established Jackson Pollock as the world's premier modern painter. I was researching a book about Pollock's lifelong relationship with his mentor, Thomas Hart Benton, the famed regionalist and muralist, when I sat puzzling over a reproduction of Mural after breakfast one morning with Marianne, herself an art historian. She suddenly said she could make out the letters S-O-N in blackish paint in the upper right area of the mural. Then she realized JACKSON ran across the entire top. And finally she saw POLLOCK below that. The characters are unorthodox, even ambiguous, and largely hidden. But, she pointed out, it could hardly be random coincidence to find just those letters in that sequence. I was flabbergasted. It's not every day that you see something new in one of the 20th century's most important artworks. I'm now convinced that Pollock wrote his name in large letters on the canvas—indeed, arranged the whole painting around his name. As far as I can tell, no one has previously made this assertion. Nor is there evidence that Pollock himself, who was loath to talk about his art and left behind few written records, ever mentioned this coded gesture. I've shared my theory with several Pollock experts. They've had mixed reactions, from "no way" to "far-fetched" to "maybe." "It's feasible," says Sue Taylor, an art historian at Portland State University, who has studied Pollock's 1942 canvas Stenographic Figure, which includes written symbols. "Pollock would often begin with some sort of figurative device to which he would then respond—and eventually bury under layers of paint. Letters and numbers, moreover, frequently appear in works of the early 1940s." It may not be possible to answer the question definitively unless scientists use X-ray scanning or some other method to trace which pigments were put down first. At the moment there are no plans to do such an analysis. Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/Decoding-Jackson-Pollock.html#ixzz0SAcn9eMq
    2 points
  4. So i was thinking about life and what ive been thru and how i havent done certain things yet and what i have done how its affected other people and i thought to mysel......... FUCK ALL THAT ITS MY BERFDAY ON SUNDAY
    2 points
  5. Here's some G-20 pics I found from some other forum: Props to Greenpeace. That's them dangling off the bridge. KIDS tag Convention center where the G-20 meeting is being held. Dumpsters FTW
    2 points
  6. It's a heavily edited version of that dissertation.
    2 points
  7. I dug this out in dedication to the Pittsburgh G-20 protesters.... And this one too .
    2 points
  8. its a taste thing! whats the best food in the world? well its obviously pizza maybe thats a bad example..
    2 points
  9. done... may or may not update regularly
    2 points
  10. Been a while, newest flicks first. some as new as today, others anywhere from 1 to 3 months ago. enjoy, and sorry in advance for some bad rolling shots...
    1 point
  11. so hear i am, chillin, oontzing per usual when out of the corner of my eye i see some black stain on my shirt. i look down, and a FUCKING scorpion is barreling down on me, booking it for my face. i chris browned the shit outta it, but it pinched me (i dont think it stung me cuz i dont feel drunk) when i swatted the fuck outta it. SOOO SHOOK:shook::shook::shook::shook::shook::shook: you all will remember this one that i killed last time. the one that just tried to avenge the death of his father was about half the size. i heard the smaller, the more venomous though. THEY COMING YO!
    1 point
  12. hats off to you sir! :freak:
    1 point
  13. supposobly kimbo looses this next fight..and then comes back and wins one later in the show...(just from what i heard)
    1 point
  14. been riding off and on since I was a kid. I just like bmx, riding around, trying shit out, really casual. But mostly I am really getting into fixing them and building up bikes. I am really thinking of opening up my own shop and doing pretty much what I do in here. Giving advice to new riders and getting them exposed to an awesome hobby. Even thinking of getting into welding my own frames...but we will see. My brother in law is the same, he is 34 and rides...but mostly he trolls bmx forums and gives advice, he also builds up some awesome oldschool 80s bikes
    1 point
  15. BACK TO BACK NL WEST CHAMPS! MAGIC NUMBER 4. LA ALL DAY!!! IOU, PISTOL, Sup with the DODGER playoff tickets!
    1 point
  16. I'd rather get sprayed with tear gas.
    1 point
  17. Re: ANIMATED GIF HALL OF FAME SUPERTHREAD also i'm with everyone else, if someone hit my kid I would knock them out, retard or woman
    1 point
  18. Van Damme - Lionheart. I used to watch this shit religiously, waking up in the mornings at like 6am to watch the final fight a few times. LIONHEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1 point
  19. I was at a party recently playing music on the stereo from my laptop and some girl asked me if she could "slap"...I asked her what she was talking about and she said "play some music," then I looked up and she had an ICP hat on. I told her to fuck off.
    1 point
  20. Just preordered this bad boy, cannot wait
    1 point
  21. fuck i hate juggalos. but i like getting them all mad.
    1 point
  22. seriously, i wish i wasnt 24'd. like jugalos would fight, there all fat pussy whitetrash nerdy shitheads who had two choices in life, world of warcraft or ICP, since there parents couldnt afford a computer it was icp
    1 point
  23. This is the first time (6 MOMTHS!) I haven't read 4 books a week since the turn of the century.
    1 point
  24. pinche gusano pendejo cobarde
    1 point
  25. I guess sometimes I am better at then others at ideas. Working with a name similar to mine kind of was weird but I did a little even though I didnt feel like using my own style. (geso) Also shitty black sharpie & camera phone quality pics. Sorry I couldn't do better. ALSO IF ANY ONE HAS A GOOD HAND STYLE SIMILAR TO SF STYLE PLEASE WRITE MY NAME & COULD you give me props if you liek? I dont really like that ban shit on there. :c
    1 point
  26. OMG you are on to something here. Patent this shit ASAP, calll it "pop" or maybe "soda" or something like that.
    1 point
  27. still one of my all time favorites
    1 point
  28. TIZYPER Throbbing Member Blow-Jobs: 1,686 Anal-Intrusions: 2.344 "Coming-Out" Date: Apr 2006 Location: Living in your house holmes with your big cock buried in my ass. Status: Oncock
    1 point
  29. 1 point
  30. SIK from philly. No doubt
    1 point
  31. I can't even explain the number of times I saw this movie. Also the karate kids movies. And Land before time And I admit I liked totoro a lot
    1 point
  32. 1 point
  33. YOUR A DISGRACE TO YOUR HOMOSEXUAL FREINDS BECAUSE YOU CAN ONLY OFFER THEM YOUR 1.75" PENIS.
    1 point
  34. Holy fuck the skateboard Kid I saw that soooooo many times
    1 point
  35. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    1 point
  36. nice man... i'm gonna be making another batch of p.bears. a little bit different style. might make them tomorrow even
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00