Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/05/2009 in all sections

1. http://www.zshare.net/download/587434854133b085/# “The Soulful Chamber” - El Michels Affair’s Enter The 37th Chamber And what a journey it was. While I may be in the minority in proclaiming that the RZA has a slight edge over Premo as the best producer of all time, the impact of the Wu debut is a monstrosity that we’re finally beginning to fully understand the magnitude of. Especially from a production standpoint, it’s remarkable to reflect on the 36 Chambers revolution in sound. With a dense, layered and inconceivably dark sound, RZA progressed from the gentle skipping of four-measure Hip-Hop loops to an uncertain, iron-booted journey down a corridor of horrors. A dimly lit hallway bubbling with uncertainty and squawking with warnings of potential danger. Lyrically, the record obviously speaks for itself as well, but with respect due to all the dense metaphors and advanced wordplay, the RZA’s boardwork is the reason the album is still talked about so fervently today. What’s my evidence? Well, check the El Michel’s Affair’s new tribute to the RZA, Enter The 37th Chamber. With the disc, the nine-piece live band presents a bold new re-imagining of RZA’s unique vision, recutting several Wu-classics in a live band format. The translation is, to no surprise, a fitting one as RZA’s production style has always had that cinematic quality worthy of being played by an expansive live band. The gentle creep and hushed woodblock of “Can It All Be So Simple” display the project’s mission best, expanding on a landmark piece of Hip-Hop production in a way that Pro Tools or an MPC can’t. Other highlights include the startlingly urgent horns that the band brings to “Shimmy Shimmy Ya” and the contrast of the abrasive wah-wah guitars when juxtaposed with the recognizably spooky piano loop on “C.R.E.A.M.” Needless to say, the effort is often breathtaking and an incredible testament to RZA’s immense production talents. While the Wu may never take listeners back to the 36 Chambers, El Michels Affair provides an unreal journey through the 37th. Yo AB, I think you even you would like this!! Seriously. This shit is nice, and relaxing. Any Wu-Fans shit is a must.
    5 points
  2. ayebee = swampfightoner? sorry I'm kind of stupid. from reading about 6 or so pages of this thread, I've come to a conclusion... you are a pussy about pussy. you put the pussy on a pedastool. bitches love being treated like shit. it keeps up the whole "want what you can't have" fantasy. anything you want, when you get it, isn't the shit anymore after like... 2 weeks. this is true about bitches too. take the advice from a page back and treat the bitch like a bitch right out of the gate. then, anything you do that is even REMOTELY caring or romantic (ordering a pepsi for her instead of water? think that movie Waiting...) will come across as pure fucking gold. bitches have self esteem issues. that's why they dig guys with confidence. you should be exploiting that weakness fucking daily. women play games all the time, be better at it. call that bitch out on how she looks or smells or some shit. or how her titty is kind of different than the other. im not sure what happened to bitches being OUR BITCHES, but we need to bring that shit back. shit makes me sick. and nyquil and alcohol will destroy your liver. maybe do real drugs? just some suggestions.
    2 points
  3. Im getting this tonight.
    2 points
  4. Re: Dear ________, - no homo Dear Room Mate, Please stop talking to me from across the room. You're getting on my nerves. I'm stoned, and it's hard to enjoy my stay here in Ch.0, and hold a conversation with you. I'm visibly stoned as well as annoyed. Thanks buzz kill. This took me 7 agonizing minutes to type this shit out, jerk. -Cochino Mold Malins
    2 points
  5. this then then went on a crazy awesome hike, started to rain and then sunset was awesome. great day
    2 points
  6. Please come back and do it all over again.
    1 point
  7. shitfire sucks as does rap letters i could go without lolsroyce as well
    1 point
  8. You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi! Stranger: hi ! You: hey whats up You: asl? Stranger: how are you ? Stranger: 21 m denmakr You: I'm pretty good Stranger: you ? You: just working at my flagship store at 77 orchard You: 28/m/nyc Your conversational partner has disconnected. denmark does not like infernal taurus
    1 point
  9. 1 point
  10. IM SAYIN, OR DO SOME TYPE OF BRACKET SYSTEM LIKE A PLAYOFFS EXCEPT INSTEAD OF A SCORE THE SCORE IS JUST FIRST NIGGA TO DIE LOSES. AND THEN WE DO A TALLY AND WHOEVER GOT THE MOST DEAD MEMBERS LOSES AND HAS TO GIVE UP THEY SERVER SPACE OR WHATEVER ELSE WEBSITES DO...BANDWITH? IONO WHATEVER. I PREDICT A SHUTOUT CUZ COMPARED TO THE NIGGAS ON 4CHAN TEASE IS FUCKIN KIMBO WITH A GATTLING GUN AND HANDS MADE OUT OF EXACTO KNIVES AND GRENADES.
    1 point
  11. i can only take credit for putting the mugshot in there. someone else did the muppets.
    1 point
  12. Rumor has it the 38th Chamber takes you to DAO , a far worse hell then Dante imagined .
    1 point
  13. :lol: :lol: Yo, go find that Enter the 37 chambers thread I just made and cop that shit. Its a bad ass album. I'm out, work calls.
    1 point
  14. so you went over it and buffed yourself? kool kool
    1 point
  15. I'm an illegal alien and I keep it real...
    1 point
  16. Re: COMPLIMENT THE PERSON ABOVE YOU - no homo
    1 point
  17. Seriously. This thread is a confused mess of images and contextomy even by comparison to the other conspiracy threads on the oontzbox. I now feel dumber just by being here.
    1 point
  18. 1 point
  19. rick james bitch!! i miss dave chapelle
    1 point
  20. i notice i do this when im anxious, excited, nervous, or being hyper, but i tend to do it a lot and not realize it.
    1 point
  21. Re: COMPLIMENT THE PERSON ABOVE YOU - no homo ... i see you edited... i was gonna say you suck at complimenting people... and at propping (since i haven't seen a prop yet) but you edited with a compliment.... but still no prop... false prop sayer. if you could boogie on the moon, i'd skeep bop on a baboon.
    1 point
  22. Anyone from SF has to remember Joe Valdez. Skated some of the craziest shit ever and cool ass dude. I used to have a original copy of Limits from Causin Frustration but lost it years ago. Peep some of his youtube shit below.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPHIDDGxaBA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChNqJv5JvD4&feature=related
    1 point
  23. Re: Dear ________, - no homo Dear Whoris, Are you ready?
    1 point
  24. omFg he weNt to JarEdS LoLZ!@~
    1 point
  25. I also twirl pencils, tap on everything, drum on shit, draw, pretty much at all times. it helps me focus and stay calm. drawing being the LEAST annoying/ most socially acceptable that happens most of the things haha. re organizing stuff also is good. I think if I started smoking id be so fucked hahha. wouldnt be able to stop.
    1 point
  26. 1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00