ZUNE VS IPOD

prophet1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I gotta agree with ese here. As far as the battery dying after 1 year, i've had my ipod for atleast 3 years and i dont have any problems with it what so ever.

I would suggest going and looking at them in person and comparing, the zune looks alot thicker. If i could go back and do it again, i'd get a nano. I know ipods dont seem big but when your lugging it around all the time, well size does matter.

Since the iPod was introduced I've got one. I've had every generation up to the current Nano. Never had any problems with any of them. I owned the first generation one for almost three years without any problems. Never a battery problem with any of them. Never a glitch. Scratches... well, yeah I've had that. But then again, that's what covers are for.

I haven't seen the Zune in person so I haven't had time to get a feel for it. Though all the research I've done online leads me to believe the iPod is a far superior product... still.

And when the touch-screen model comes out...

No way. I owned the second generation iPod and sixteen months later the battery was fried. Every lithium powered product I've ever owned has done this to me. I sold the iPod on ebay for $60 'as is.' A month later I got a letter from apple saying they've recalled my ipod to replace my battery free of charge. A lot of good that did me. If you plan on buying an iPod, after 12 months sell it. You'll be able to get half your money back which you'll use on the next generation that'll be out then. Lithium batteries in premium products are bullshit so just go with a shuffle. It's your money, but thats my advice.

I know too that there's some weird mp3 player called a 'monster' or something, price and specs comperable to the nano, with removable scandiscs and batteries. If you don't have to use iTunes, that may be the ladder.

Creative Zen is the way forward. fuck an ipod.

fuck the zune, fuck the zen

sorry man, going to have to own you on this one with the....Archos RV500

ArchosAV500_445.jpg

http://www.t3.co.uk/reviews/entertainment/personal_media_player/archos_av500_portable_media_player

• 4-inch, 480 x 272 colour LCD screen
  • 30GB hard disk
  • Plays DivX, MPEG-4, WMV (protected), MP3, WMA (protected), WAV
  • Line-in recording
  • 4.5 hours' video, 15 hours' music battery life

Archos makes another model, similar to this one that has wi-fi and web browsing capabilities. Most of these come with the option to buy them with larger hard drives.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the 30gb 5th generation ipod video. it's great, i think apple worked all the bugs out, and i've had nothing but great customer service from apple between my laptop, ipod, whatever.

this year for christmas, i got my dad the zune because it has a tuner in it too, and he enjoys the radio. i remember him having some difficulty setting it up, but now he loves it.

you're bound to have problems with whatever you buy. just get insurance for 60 dollors or something and you're goilden. nothing that is manufactured in this day and age is flawless.

Both are about the same. However the ipod has been around for several generations so they may have there shit down a tad more. I say you cant go wrong with either. Personally from playing with both and knowing freinds personal experiences, i will stick with cd's till the bitter end. Ipods are just not made to last very long in my eyes. And the battery issue is another problem. I just rather stick to cd's, plus i actually like owning the cd's for my collection.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

zune looks really cool but think about having to carry that shit around in your back pocket.. not exactly comfortable. i used to have a creative labs zen that was awesome but i think the ipod is easier to use. i have the oldass 20 gig photo ipod and i've never had a problem with it. i even threw it at a wall once and it still works find haha