Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ZINE COMPUTER TECH HELP!!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_sofarok, Sep 4, 2001.

1. So ive put together a 20 page A4 full color zine, lots of nice bits and bobs from the UK, I was just playing but I want to distribute it some how. Due to cost and the fact that it will look shit I don’t want to do photocopies, etc so I have had a novel idea, I want to put it on to 3.5” disks and distribute it like that. This would mean either turning it into a slide show exe some how or into a basic web page. Im not sure, any ideas? Also the whole thing is about 2.5 mb so I need to compress it some how……

2. dirtroad

dirtroad Member

burn it, cd's are cheap.floppies are crap.

3. yeah but floppies are retro plus ive got thousands from my old job, cds are to shiny, they dont have any moving parts, there not as organic etc etc

4. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

if you know flash, you can make some good slide shows and save them as a .exe, and it should be plenty small enough to fit on a disk. it would also be nice and clean looking, as you would only need the one .exe file on the disk, no image files or anything, witch also would make it more user friendly, since there is only one thing to click on.

5. kid toucher

kid toucher Member

dude just make a big zine poster thing....post em all over and get yer troops out in everyother city..what?

6. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

just zip it...

------------------
    2 Can Sam

7. I have put the mag online. I am working towards producing a magazine in a digital or print format in the next few months if anyone has any suggestions, contributions or money then drop me a line!!! http://go.to/thespecialgoodness