ZEPHYR: THE LEGEND THAT WAS AHEAD OF HIS TIME...

ETHREADZNY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from www.at149st.com

ZEPHYR

Aliases: GOLD, ANDY, HEIST, ZEPH

Started: 1975 Primary affiliations: RTW, TVS, CIA,TDS, MAFIA Local origin: NYC

Main lines: 1s, 3s, 2s, 5s, 6s, ALL CITY

ZEPHYR is an early generation RTW member who bombed Broadway in the late 1970s and went all city in the 1980s. He is excellent example of a writer with respect for tradition. He started off doing insides and later graduated to burners, keeping company with writers like DONDI CIA and NOC 167. While developing piecing skills he maintained hand style as an art as did the pioneers. Many writers during the late '70s focused on piecing and neglected tags, viewing them as more primitive forms of writing, ZEPHYR did not. As a result he has one of the most distinguished tags in the game.

]

[]

ZEPHYR was always in the forefront of writing's merger with mainstream culture. He was a key player in the steel to canvas transition. In 1980, he along with FUTURA 2000 worked as middle men between writers and the established art world at ESSES Studios. His European exhibitions with writers like DONDI in conjunction with films Style Wars and Wild Style and the book Subway Art were factors in triggering the European aerosol art movement. ZEPHYR also appeared in the classic films Style Wars and Wild Style.

In the late 1990s ZEPHYR experienced success painting freight trains, walls and Madison Avenue ventures like ad campaigns for Sprite. In 2001 ZEPHYR and Michael White wrote Dondi White Style Master General - The Life of Graffiti Artist Dondi White.

http://www.at149st.com/images/zep2.jpg'>

http://www.at149st.com/images/zep1.jpg'>

http://www.at149st.com/images/zph.jpg'>

zeph

led zeph.ha ha.dope concept.what is it with these cats have no history of where and how graf came from?i cant stand a no-knowledge havin writer spitten there corny ass comments when it comes to graf when they cant respect the pioneers that rocked b4 we wer around.zeph has been around for a ling time holdin it down,rockin steel,getting up with old and new school,that iin itself is more of an accomplishment than most of these so-called writers will ever reach,nuff said,zephyr,new skool,old school,true school..............................true fuckin pioneer

Guest killtoy

sell your art sell your soul... make some money wear some gold!

didn't this guy stop writing graffiti for like 7 years or something and he only got back in the game because he realized he could mke some money off it? i heard now he makes videos for snoop dog...

or maybe i'm just uninformed :confused: :o :loopy:

Re: zeph

Originally posted by bdub

led zeph.ha ha.dope concept.what is it with these cats have no history of where and how graf came from?i cant stand a no-knowledge havin writer spitten there corny ass comments when it comes to graf when they cant respect the pioneers that rocked b4 we wer around.zeph has been around for a ling time holdin it down,rockin steel,getting up with old and new school,that iin itself is more of an accomplishment than most of these so-called writers will ever reach,nuff said,zephyr,new skool,old school,true school..............................true fuckin pioneer [/QUOT

i agree

Guest TresOne

Holy shit, it's about time. Zeph is fuckin' amazing. He was the first writer i ever knew of, and still an all time fav. For my birthday a while back, my girl got him to send me a package of flicks and shit... it was dope. (that, and she got me the Dondi book, and some paint. boy, i love her) :)

Anyways, shit's amazing

Archived