z-trip... the anti-war mix

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

i was just going to make a z trip appreciation thread. fool is off the meter. everyone who likes music period should go to kazaa or soulseek and download some of his live sets. even if you dont like dancey techno type shit, trust me. no where else can you hear rage against the machine mixed to billy jean and pink floyd mixed to biggie flawlessly. the man is talented, and a bit goofy. rock and roll.

anyway, i havent heard this anti war shit, so ima go listen now.

I had to describe his style once...

I said he plays everything, usually in the same set.

It's like a giant beat blender that serves up the meanest margarita of mixes.

Guest im not witty

the set i have from the WMC where he drops ray charles, i gotta woman is so badassical. i mean he mixes oasis and J5, who else would do that?

Guest im not witty

HAHAHAHA holy shit, this shit is great. fuckin state of the union like it was meant to be heard. great find kilo!

reminds me of when CRASS that 80s punk band made a fake tape of thatcher and reagan talking on the phone and sent it to news organizations, it sounded more cut and paste than this z trip shit does and people believed them!

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

Oh, can anyone recommend a particular live set/album/whatever?

'live at future primative' w/ dj radar is the only one i have heard, its ok, but i think there is better out there... i just missed him in town....damn.

Guest im not witty

yea go on soulseek and get like WMC 2002, or future primitive or maybe a groovetech set. dont get some of his bboy albums, there just breaks, you need a live set. theyre all good so whatever you can get.

can i get a jello biafra clip, oh wait, ....yes i can

Originally posted by nomadawhat

i still waiting/hoping for 'fuck a war' to drop by the geto boys....

"i ain't going to work for a shit talking president!"

damn, not on there... dl this song... its about the first bush/iraq war but fits this one of course

Thank me later...

Originally posted by im not witty

i was just going to make a z trip appreciation thread.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

one exist already.

Oh. I see how it is you guys....

Another.

Thinking back I was really loaded when I made both of those, so excuse the exaggeration.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

Oh, can anyone recommend a particular live set/album/whatever?

My secret stash: Here

Yeah, PoopMan, shit is extremely badass.

If you ever get to catch Z-Trip live, I highly reccommend it. Or even better, The Bombshelter DJ's: Z-Trip, Radar, and Emile. They play extended sets, like 6-8 hours long. Some friends brought them down about 5 years ago and they rocked the fucking joint until 7 am and almost missed their flight because they were having such a good time jamming and just playing records. They had the entire room jam packed and dancing right to the very end of the night.

Archived