Yours or Theirs?

Gunm

i was wondering what strategy you folks use when trollng for phone numbers.

I sometimes give my number out because if the girl calls, then you know she's really interested.

Then again, sometimes i get the number because the ladies, sometimes they forget and having their number gives you an edge.

And lately, i've overheard folks asking "hey, can i get your AIM/Myspace name?" Sometimes it seems less threatening to a girl when you ask them for an email addie rather than a number

hmmmm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Always get the number.

I used to do the 'call me' deal for the reason stated (you'd know how she was feeling)... but girls like to be persued and usually feel that, due to societal standards, that they should be the ones who are recieving that first call.

and i would never give or get an e-mail or AIM name... no thanks. i really don't do the whole cpu thing though.

I'm in the same boat as pfft. I'm not saying I'm some hot saught after young male, but I get asked out enough to where I don't need to ask girls for their numbers.

If I were to try to hook up with a girl I would give her my number. I don't deal in calling people that don't want to be called.

If I like a girl enough to even want to pursue something with her, I'll usually ask for her number. It gives me the freedom of fitting them into my schedule, and also alleviates the potential anxiety involved in waiting for them to phone me. If I don't care either way if she calls or not, I'll give her my number, but I don't really like to give that out too much.

i agree w/ iquit.. esp when your business card says "pussy patrol" :miamivice:

On a funnier note.. my bro was trying to tell me that he sometimes leaves his cell phone on the bar while he's hanging out and girls sneak up next to him and program their numbers into his phone :lol:

Originally posted by dumy@Jun 27 2005, 04:17 PM

If I like a girl enough to even want to pursue something with her, I'll usually ask for her number. It gives me the freedom of fitting them into my schedule, and also alleviates the potential anxiety involved in waiting for them to phone me. If I don't care either way if she calls or not, I'll give her my number, but I don't really like to give that out too much.

I give my number to them for basically the same reason. My schedule is so packed I would never find time to call. If she calls then I have to find time.

if she is a bit on the mistake side of things, then take hers.

my one biggest mistake so far in life was giving this one night stand my number. i was a little drunk, so i forgot to give a fake one. few weeks down the line i started getting texts and calls (avoided) about various issues ("im late!!").

moral of the story, shit can be avoided if you take her number. that way you look like the gentleman, but when you "misplace" the number she cant get in touch!

I prefer if a guy takes my number. That way, if he doesn't call me, he's gay. I mean, cmon. Who wouldn't call me? Thats a joke.

But in all seriousness, I never offer my number. Im with fatalist on the rejection tip. its hard to tell sometimes if a guys feeling you. I had a guy once flirt with me for about 2 hours and then towards the end mention his fiance in SanFran (this I know isnt a lie, because the bartender that I know knew him and said he really does have a fiance.) Freak.

• 1 month later...

I never really ask for a number either... I generally just have them given to me, or if not, I'll give them mine. I figure why go to all that trouble just to get a number if you're probably never gonna make any attempt at givin em a call anyways...

Guess I'm just too lazy...

Got to go with getting the number.

I hate it when you give out yours and then you dont get a call from a girl that u liked the look of.

So if i manage to get the number then i can ring them up and see whats going on, then i can arrange a date and her reply there should tell you if shes interested or not..