Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

your top 5 box to crush

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by ghostvandal, Jun 17, 2004.

1. ghostvandal

ghostvandal Senior Member

since I'm a kid, at least still in my mind:ballcap: , here's my top 5 box to hit, what's yours?

1- any kind of reefers
    2- fbox / tbox
    3- cpaa excess high red cherry
    4- freshly painted gt with the cn url on it
    5- csx waffle

I cant wait till the day they will make flat black boxcars..that'd be dope!

2. hobo knife

hobo knife Junior Member

where i'm at it's....

1. old faded MEC's / HS's
    2. SLR's
    3. BAR's
    4. LVRC's
    5. brand new shiny EEC's

not the best line up but it beats ns and csx's

3. lepthebeard

lepthebeard Elite Member

...I'll never get to hit my dream cars but...
    ...the rustier, the better, especially old SOO's
    ...(ha ha ghost)...black HS boxes
    ...rarely get to hit REEFERS
    ...SF waffles
    ...BNSF flat 100's

...but mostly cars with local toys on em...

4. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

I've paid my dues on the gnarliest ridged cars for years. So pardon the excessive "flat" designations.

TOP 5 "Haven't had the pleasure...yet"
    1. UP flat (I STILL DON'T HAVE A UP FLAT. Lots of babyridges...not one flat. Strange hole in my fleet), other gaps include (flats) HS, HCGX, Frisco, DRGW.
    2. TPIX (Tropicana) orange babyridge.
    3. Any 86-foot flat.
    4. BNSF Icicle reefer, Simplot, Lamb Weston, or Cryo-Trans flats. (Done the Cryo babyridges.)
    5. Any rare shortline box I haven't hit yet, especially flats or babyridges.

TOP 5 "It was a pleasure"
    1. Solid Colds (and one Solid GOLD).
    2. Other reefers, by favorite color: blue VCY, green BNFE, yellow UPFE, red BNFE/BNSF, flat ARMN, babyridge ARMN (white UPFE, or WUPFE).
    3. Western (or just non-local) flats: SP 850xxx, Golden Wests, SFLC 10-11xxx, MP (especially ex-Manufacturer's Railway 3-tone box), BN, BNSF, SSW, LNAC, BAEX.
    4. Western (or non-local) babyridges: UP, MP, DRGW, WP, CGR, GVSR, Frisco, CRYX, BN, BNSF, ATSF.
    5. Shortline or other rare boxes: NSHR, MSE, AMC, NAR, CQPA, BPRR, others I know I'm forgetting.

It's not much of a top 5 designation but I have to shout out rare types of cars with boring reporting marks: gray CSX insulated boxes, red/brown/supercrusty QGRY newsprints, old and crusty cars with classic logos (CNW Employee Owned, giant-logo ATSF, Helena & Southwestern, etc.) that were restamped.

The UP flat thing is killing me. Just bad luck: there's one in the yard, but we have to run that night, or it rained the day one was laid up, or I was out of town for the weekend and when I get back my homies are like "Guess what we hit" and I start tearing my hair out.

5. krowteN

krowteN Member

Im not really a big box car fan.
    you could say I think "out of the box"

top 5 most desired cars
    -real off brand center flow ridged hoppers
    -airslides, airslides, airslides
    -lime green incobrosa covered hopper (im drooling just thinking about that one) wheaties or the giant "alberta" logo (more drool)
    -black or beige csx sand cars -or- the beige covered csx hoppers (especially the ones that are still running the SCL or ACL logo)
    -any gondolas (especially fresh paints or new builts)
    -private greybellies or any covered hoppers in general with elaborate or rare paint schemes.

courtesy of fr8otech:
    http://www.photodump.com/direct/freight0te...a_serve_031.jpg
    http://www.photodump.com/direct/freight0te...ed_railfan2.jpg
    ^^gorgeous.

6. IRON HEAD

IRON HEAD Senior Member

1) BNSF ISCICLES (NEVER HIT ONE)
    2) TPIX ORANGE (ONLY HAVE HIT THE WHITE ONES)
    3) ARMN CHILLED EXPRESS (HIT)
    4) CSX FLAT (HIT)
    5) TBOX (NOT HIT, HAD IT IN FRONT OF ME AND LEFT THE YARD TO GO TO ANOTHER, CAME BACK AND WAS GONE!)
    *6) AN OLD RUSTED SOLID COLD/ GOLD

HAD TO THROW IN THE 6TH ONE... SORRY...

7. war pigs

war pigs Dirty Dozen Crew

aside from reefers which we don't get in our regular spots..i think my favorite joints to paint out of what pops up..

1. golden west service flats ..they haven't been around as much
    2. old cotton belts
    3. maine and central..the white gilfords are nice and only pop up once in a blue moon
    4. union pacific baby ridgies
    5. southern "serves the south" joints...

nokl high cubes are dope too..the panels are super wide...various smaller lines like the weird orange chtt's and the general mills "gold medal flour" cars are dope too...

8. DankLordz

DankLordz Senior Member

gold medal flour cars are weaaakkkk, you will see..

9. coolname

coolname Member

Basically my wish list....

1. JACX or TFM (NAFTA) aluminum sided holyroller (not the regular TFM holy rollers, but I heard there is at least one floating around with multiple NAFTA logos and all sorts of wierd stickers on it)
    2. rare short line gondolas... CBRY, YB, etc. especially different colored ones
    3. Tropicana boxes
    4. Any kinds of cars with metal plates welded on with the company logo
    5. Basically any kind of privately owned cars with strange company logos and crazy color schemes....

Oh yeah and 6. Intermodals other than like TTX or big names, like BRAN, AOK, etc... really any intermodals but those are a treat.

10. damn vandle

damn vandle Member

heres my line up,

cp soft ridge box (hit one recently, chillin on pavement too!)
    soo line box
    mrl
    l&n
    atsf flat "super shock control"

i could easily keep on keepin on

11. rob deer

rob deer Guest

soo color mark
    gvsr
    cnw route rock restamp
    upfe
    green bn flat (i'll get you yet.)

honarable mentions

#6 wsor flat
    toe
    gmrc
    mec
    hs
    lnac
    eec's are nice

gotta start getting to them intermodals...

12. ghostvandal

ghostvandal Senior Member

hehe i know totally what you mean. :hatred:
    but hey lepthebeard i had in mind a freshly painted black boxcar, not an old rusty "i chill in the yard for 6 months and never roll" hs :crazy:

the solid gold car is by far the best car i've hit in my life. So lucky, I cant understand we didnt get caught it was in the day beside the mainline and people walking by were looking at us all that time. what would you do for a solid gold eh
    also forgot that flat cnw at -34C in the snowstorm.. that was good too

13. porque

porque Senior Member

...the wanna be's..

...frisco flat...
    ...texas mexican...
    ...tropicana...
    ...soo box...
    ...csx flat (...i've painted hundreds of boxes and waffles, even a 86 footer...but i have never hit the regular csx flat...)

...the has been's...

...solid cold...
    ...chessie extended (original stamp)...
    ...seaboard waffle extended (original stamp)...
    ...tons of shortlines...but i love those saint mary's...
    ...the brand new NS extendeds two weeks after their build date...

14. krowteN

krowteN Member

ha, i had an unfinished silver piece on one.
    a red one though not the much tastier older white ones..........uhhhh, back when i used to write.

15. alabama

alabama Member

oh man.....good thread

i see a lot of people mentioning the TPIX line....i had the luxury of catching the ol' orange juicer in the hole one time for about 10 minutes....fucking miracle.

1. i want a lamb weston and/or simplot.....real bad.
    2. havent caught a tbox yet.
    3. i want an ashley drew & northern...they have these in my grandmothers town....but ive never painted when ive been there. (but this one is in my hands)
    4. a big blue
    5. an old yellow up flat

as a bonus although theyre not boxes...the kcs white autoracks....man those things are fire....