your sources of information/media outlets

mental invalid

....ive been somewhat lax on media consumption these days, perhaps its do to revulsion or perhaps laziness....last nite was the first nite i didnt watch cable news....however i was lucky enuff to catch BBC world news....id heard about it awhile ago, but stumbled upon it last night....i found it to be a great source of news and different perspective

two realizations upon viewing it for an hour

1. we are being let down by american major media sources...i know, no big surprise really

2. i need to get more active in my media viewing

so im looking for books/sites/channels....im not looking for conspiracy theories or idiots......

liberal, conservative, green, communist, whatever your checking out....

mine....

utne reader

economist

new york times

cspan

the big three(cable included)

bbc world news

and ofcourse.....the daily show with mr.stewart....why? cause if i cant also leaugh at all this shit, while also being disturbed, i would take my office out with an ak-47.......

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My daily news sources:

http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

http://news.google.com/

Google News is especially cool in the way they select (or don't) what will be displayed on their site. Here's how the site describes it:

Google News presents information culled from approximately 4,500 news sources worldwide and automatically arranged to present the most relevant news first. Topics are updated continuously throughout the day, so you will see new stories each time you check the page. Google has developed an automated grouping process for Google News that pulls together related headlines and photos from thousands of sources worldwide -- enabling you to see how different news organizations are reporting the same story. You pick the item that interests you, then go directly to the site which published the account you wish to read.

Google News is highly unusual in that it offers a news service compiled solely by computer algorithms without human intervention. While the sources of the news vary in perspective and editorial approach, their selection for inclusion is done without regard to political viewpoint or ideology. While this may lead to some occasionally unusual and contradictory groupings, it is exactly this variety that makes Google News a valuable source of information on the important issues of the day.

You can trace the history of a developing issue by clicking the "sort by date" function on the page containing all reports on a given topic. This will arrange the stories in chronological order, with the most recent report placed first.

As we continue to improve Google News, we'll be adding more news sources and fine-tuning our algorithms. Your opinions and feedback can help us with this process. What news sources would you like to see added? What advanced search features would be helpful?

http://electronicintifada.net

its a middle east news source in english, they also cover relevant stuff around the world that deserve to be put their, so dont expect to see news about any celebrities. they show both sides of major stories, the Bush side, the Hussein side, and they dont bash on either one. They show the Sharon side, the Arafat side. The tell you whats happening every day in the lives of the Palestinians, which is so fucked up its amazing CNN doesn cover it, and only covers the Israelis. It gives the ehads up on N. Korean society, economy etc.............

http://electronicintifada.net

I'm a bi monthly writer on that site

Guest BROWNer

bro-dawg..

i think seeking means www.whatreallyhappened.com

a large compilation of daily newslinks from around the

world, pretty much balanced with mainstream and independant

links, but unbalanced as far as the rights views are

concerned. pistol hates that site. overall its a good resource

though.

perhaps its the design layout or my upbringing in media outlets, but those sites have that "conspiracy" feel to em...but maybe thats just it....the point that there is so much more shit going on then is being reported....

browns your word is gold though dunny...so im book marking it....along with seeks......

Guest BROWNer

both of 'em? i can see the first, not the second though..

i hear you on design layout, but don't judge a book by its cover hmm?;)

ps-inevitably you're going to be attracted to sites with content that either

consciously(sp?) or unconsciously(wtf, those words are weirding me out)

reinforces your views, so i try to read as much

as possible from as many reasonable sources in hopes of balancing

that out....but yea, its pretty hard these days, its either pro-war/bush/america,

or not.

Archived