Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Your first skate setup (graff and skateboarders)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GoBiloe, Jan 22, 2002.

1. GoBiloe

GoBiloe Guest

at least half the writers i know skateboarded before they got into graff.

my first deck was a plan b ronnie bertino everslick with venture trucks and 48mm yoyo wheels. i put some cornball stickers all over it, paying careful attention to placement and symmetry. my mom took me to beacon hill skate shop to buy it in like 93 or 94. i then proceeded to suck for the next 8 years. i still suck today, but skating is close to my heart. sweaty days and nights, nursing bruised and broken limbs. that's the shit right there. skate or die.

and i'm pretty sure i got into graffiti because of that haggard THINK logo.

2. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

variflex street light. 1980..generic complete setup.
    First real board- Sims E New wave. Indys 169's , Alva Rocks, Homemade skid plate courtesy my pops, Tracker Lapper, Nose guard, and vans with checkers...rolling funk.

3. GoBiloe

GoBiloe Guest

cleansheets, where can i skate in nyc when there's snow on the ground? i need spots. mini ramp, garage, whatever. thanks

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

shake, shake, shake your booty.... over to channel zero...

5. THE DEVIL!

THE DEVIL! Senior Member

Dude.

Gator "Shapes" deck
    Hot pink GULLWING trucks
    OJ11 Hosoi rockets 95a/60m

Snapped that fucker first day. Still got the deck though. Focus, grasshopper, focus.

6. cese

cese Member

bucky lasek b-house, venture trucks, lucky bearings, lucky risers, black magic grrip, and blank wheels

7. beardo

beardo Guest

had me an Acme 'A buddy' cus my graff name back then started with an A - DUH

indy's

57mm foundation (some stars graphic)

8. GoBiloe

GoBiloe Guest

seeking!!! that was totally third rail material. i was asking people how skating and graff related to each other for them

9. THE DEVIL!

THE DEVIL! Senior Member

Wow. I'm old. Plan-B wasn't even around yet when I was "Shreddin' the vert"
    Hot pink Gullwings, Live from '88 sucka!

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

Jeff Kendall - Santa Cruz - Street Model
    Bullet 66 wheels
    Yellow rails

[​IMG]

11. 455

455 Guest

Santa Cruz Rob Roskopp 3,Sims street wheels,Tracker Ultra Lights-this was in '86.I almost got a John Lucero.The last board I had was a Kenny Reed with Indys' that were ground the axle and some Spitfires-but I've been chilling out for a awhile-My left knee finally gave up the ghost so I haven't skated for some time now.

12. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

I remember when the pro's who made Plan B left Powell Peralta.
    Hell... I remember when Peralta left Powell.
    And when Tony left to make birdhouse.
    man.. how that stuff used to matter so much.

13. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

14. THE DEVIL!

THE DEVIL! Senior Member

No shit right...Memories.
    I had that Roskopp deck.
    That Ray Barbie was a dopeass deck. I'd buy one if anyone had a freshie....Who did that graphic anyway.....?

Hold on, I got some MAD memorabelia for ya'lls in a sec. I gotta take it off the wall, scan it, then upload it......gimme a few...

15. 455

455 Guest

Yeah,I remember when Jeff Hedges(Ffej) was still am and how much of big deal when he finally went pro.