your cellphone / mobile / handy etc.

RumPuncher

So I broke down and bought a new phone.

http://telusmobility.com/images/pcs/audiovox_8300_handset_lg.gif'>

Yay for a phone that actually has bass.

That's right.. My ringtones have bass.

That and it works as a speaker phone too.

Imagine that... a mobile speaker phone.

So what are you folks carrying aroung in your pockets?

http://www.expressionsofsoul.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/pictures/photos2go_images/communication/469370.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kilo7-

Yay for a phone that actually has bass.

That's right.. My ringtones have bass.

That and it works as a speaker phone too.

Imagine that... a mobile speaker phone.

sounds like mine but doesn't look like mine. but, ha, mine was free. i called, complained about service, said i was cancelling, yes i know about the $150 cancellation charge, i'm still cancelling. no, i don't want a shorter contract and a free month, i want to cancel. oh, ok i'll take a shorter contract, a free month, a cheaper plan w/ more minutes and a free phone!!!

my ring is 'rebirth of slick(cool like dat)'

Originally posted by !@#$%

i guess i will never be comfortable with the idea of a direct link to my person

i felt like this, but then figured my cell phone would be much like my home phone, you'll be lucky if i even look at the caller id when it rings, (if the ringer is on) much less answer it. but on the other hand its convinent as hell when you want to reach someone. just cause you can carry it with you doesn't mean you have to answer it.

Im getting one after our kids born so I can check up while i'm at school. I used to dig having one, then my family would BLOW IT UP.

"come home, where are you? why is your phone off? this isnt why you have a cell phone... PICK UP PICK UP"

"911 911"

FUCK!

my boy has a nokia one that his work provides, so thats cool atleast one of us has a phone.

god damn i see these phones that take pictures now. i feel so old

ha, i am rich and famous, if i deem you important enought to talk to i'll have my assitant pick up and get the scoop and then maybe, just maybe, i'll talk to someone!!! hell, i just am a keep to myself, quite type person, and half the time i'd rather not be bothered by an all to often meaningless 'hey whats up' conversation that can be done later.

but that does come back to bite me sometimes, i have a hard time staying in touch with people not close to me, like in other states, because just as much as i hate answering a phone i always put off calling too!!! then i feel like an ass when they end up calling again.

I understand that always being reachable might be a a draw back if

you're trying to duck someone, but the option is always there to use

the phone like a pager. Just dont ever answer your phone and but call

the important people right back.

Apparently there's a The Streets - Let's Push Things forward ring tone.

I want it.!

It's all about 'Etiquette Mode'

Seriously... cheesy rings are for teenage girls.

Rean men keep shit on silent mode.

I I personally dont like the new batch of

silver flip phones that everyone seems to have.

Silver flip phones are for teenage girls too.

Originally posted by ubejinxed

so i don't have to look at the phone to know if i want to pick up or not.

my old phone had that option.

I had set up 3 rings.

a) Good People with CallID. - Answer

B) Annoying people with CallID. - Mute, No answer

c) No CallID - Straight to voicemail.

I treat my mobile like it was my home phone (even if I don't have one). When someone calls...I look at the caller ID...sometimes I'm home....sometimes not. I never ever answer it if its a number I don't know or if it doesn't show up on caller ID. I only leave it on all night on the weekends...gotta be available for booty calls.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

I only leave it on all night on the weekends...gotta be available for booty calls.

You dont take booty calls durring the week?

*edit - I need a special ring for known booty numbers. Maybe a midi version of Sexual healing.

Originally posted by mr_president

i hate both of youre outlooks/opinions whatever you want to call them...

i cant stand people who think or act i guess you could say like they are more important than they are... hahahaha i mean, everyone has been in a situation where they didnt want to answer the phone, i can understand that, but i just imagine you people being by the phone, whether its a cell or at home, and being like, naw im not going to get that, like youre hibernating or some shit, or trying not to be found, like your rich and famous and trying to be out of the spotlight or some shit like that.... yea..... ahahahahaahhahaha

you are a complete moron.

you're argument could be turned around AGAINST cell phones: "i hate it when people [think] they are more important than they are"

exactly dumbass...i am not that important..no one simply MUST reach me immediately, unless someone is dead or dying and then they can find me right away anyhow...

trying not to be found?

MAYBE NO ONE CALLS ME

choosing not to answer?

MAYBE I'M REALLY INVOLVED IN PAINTING AND I CANNOT ANSWER

it is very annoying when i try to reach someone on a cell and i get voice mail...they never answer, they wait for caller i.d.

whatever...

another invention people have become convinced they need..

i simply do not need one.

no one is trying to call me, and if they are, it isn't so important that they need to dial my brain

but hey.... to each, his own.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

You dont take booty calls durring the week?

*edit - I need a special ring for known booty numbers. Maybe a midi version of Sexual healing.

only if they call before I turn the phone off. I'm usually up till around midnight. if I take a BC after 12...I'm fucking worthless at work...and that just doesn't fly. I gave one of my ex's a special ring...seeing as how we quit dating, but continued sleeping together. That way if a new girl was over, I'd just say...eh, I don't feel like talking to anyone else right now since your here. <evil laugh> mua-ha-ha.

I think mine would have to be "Let's get it on"

haha, my boy doesn't know how to work his phone much. he doesnt care, he only picks it up when someone calls and hangs up. i program his numbers for him cuz he doesn't like doing it, i dont think he even knows how or cares.

sooo.... i programmed his ring tone to some funny gay shit that makes him mad. mexican hat dance. he'd be training someone at work, and his phone rings some gay ass tone, i wonder if he gets embarrsed. word.

steve... you just earned 'hero status' with that last post.

Seriously. Aboslutely brilliant.

I guess that the downside of starting work at noon is that

I can be out untill 3:00am and still be chipper at work.

There's always time for living / loving.

Archived