YOUR BRAIN Left V.S. Right Side TEASER

Some1

While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles. Now, while doing this, draw the_number "6" in the air with your right hand.

_

Your foot will change direction_and there's nothing you can do about it.

_This WILL drive you crazy.

this is quoted from drinkalot.com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Crimsøn

How can it not be intact?

I deleted the post because I'm a dumbass. The corpus callosum is irrelevant in this case since both tasks are being performed with the right side of the body...

The corpus callosum is the part of your brain that connects the left and right hemispheres. When it is severed, the two sides cannot communicate... Severing the corpus callosum has shown to reduce the number and severity of siezures in people with epilepsy...

edit* They used to sever the cc by inserting a small rod in through the eye socket and toggling it up and down. I'm not sure if it's still done this way. In some cases, split-brained people are born without the cc...

Originally posted by bathoræ

The corpus callosum is the part of your brain that connects the left and right hemispheres. This I knew When it is severed, the two sides cannot communicate... Severing the corpus callosum has shown to reduce the number and severity of siezures in people with epilepsy... This I didn't know...I figured severing (or damaging it) would cause some sort of brain damage or something

:lol: Good to know

My mom sent me this awhile ago, and I'll post the same thing I sent her:

My foot doesn't change direction. If half the people in this country would start thinking about something halfway important for about 5% of their waking time instead of coming up with stupid ass bullshit like this and swirling their feet around like down's syndrome babies, we'd probably be living in a utopia by now.

Originally posted by bathoræ

I deleted the post because I'm a dumbass. The corpus callosum is irrelevant in this case since both tasks are being performed with the right side of the body...

The corpus callosum is the part of your brain that connects the left and right hemispheres. When it is severed, the two sides cannot communicate... Severing the corpus callosum has shown to reduce the number and severity of siezures in people with epilepsy...

edit* They used to sever the cc by inserting a small rod in through the eye socket and toggling it up and down. I'm not sure if it's still done this way. In some cases, split-brained people are born without the cc...

A couple of things. The corpus callosum is the *primary* connection between hemispheres; it isn't the only one. They haven't severed corpus callosum in gran mal seizure victims for a while I don't believe. In all of the cases of split hemispheres that I've encountered, I've never met one that was born with out a corpus collosum, and would think that do to pliability in infancy, other neural connections would compensate, and severly reduce any future problems. The rod through the eyesocket is more commonly associated with frontal lobotomies, which haven't been done in years either...

Archived