1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

you will be awarded money cause of you last name scam?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by khaotic970, Feb 12, 2004.

1. khaotic970

khaotic970 New Jack

you will be awarded money cause of you last name scam?

Discussion started by khaotic970 - Feb 12, 2004

With in the last month 3 guys at my job have recieved emails stating they will be awarded money cause of their last name matches someone in another country that died. It states they will be awarded like 13 million and its totally legal. I see this as a scam all emails have been going back and fourth to these people in other countrys but no money yet. its really weird in fact the numbers the emails use are all the same numbers. heres a brand new email my friend got today for the 1st time
    has anyone else got these

Dear Sewald,

I am Mr. Balogun Benson. I am the manager bills and exchange of a finance and trust company and a friend/acquaintance to Mr. Pitt Sewald, a national of your country, who used to work with Ajaokuta Steel Company in Nigeria. Here in after shall be referred to as my client. Two (2) years ago, my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident along sagbama express road.

All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives. Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy here to locate any of my clients extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you.

I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the fund valued at US$13million left behind by my client before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the finance company where this huge amount were deposited. My company in the last board meeting has issued a notice for the next of kin of our late client to apply or have the account confiscated before the next board meeting, which will as well decide on the fate of the said account.

I have no doubt that you are the next of kin I have been looking for, but for the fact that I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for the past 2 years now, I seek the consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased, since you have the same last name with my client in case you are not related to him, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you. Therefore, on receipt of your positive response, we shall then discuss the sharing ratio and modalities for transfer.

I have all necessary information needed to back you up for claim. All I require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. Please get in touch with me through this email and copy your mails to balogunbenson@---.com for more details.

Best regards,

Mr. Balogun Benson

khaotic970 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

parcheesey - Replied Feb 12, 2004

First.

parcheesey - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. $360

$360 12oz Elite Member

$360 - Replied Feb 12, 2004

SCAM-O-RAMA

$360 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Feb 12, 2004

i have recieved mails similar to that. it's just a scam to get your bank details

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube 12oz Veteran Member

26SidedCube - Replied Feb 12, 2004

Huge scam.. been happening since the early 90's.

26SidedCube - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. khaotic970

khaotic970 New Jack

khaotic970 - Replied Feb 13, 2004

the crazy thing this one guy i know actually toyed around and went so far to opeing a account with like 5 bucks and gave the info to them.
    Before the money was transfered he asked if the guy transfering the money would pay the taxes cause the taxes on that shit would be deep. the guy then said if i would have known you were going to ask for money i would not have went this far. end of it no word since then. the guy in another country actually had phone conversations with him. crazy but odd situation

7. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

DEE38 - Replied Feb 13, 2004

balogun

DEE38 - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  8. adderall

adderall 12oz Elite Member

adderall - Replied Feb 13, 2004

its legit, reply with your information!

adderall - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter 12oz Senior Member

Rodney Trotter - Replied Feb 13, 2004

Damn, are you the biggest bunch of dumb fucks out there, or what?

Are these Nigerian dudes the money behind your nightclub?

Rodney Trotter - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. khaotic970

khaotic970 New Jack

khaotic970 - Replied Feb 13, 2004

haha no that would be funny and a for sure crock of shit
    I would never depend on that money and this has happened to others around me.
    dude i have a fuckin mexican last name theres no mexicans in that part of the world to say that someone with my last name died in a car crash. it would be like someone with your last name died smuggling drugz to the united states will you idenifythe body type shit

11. adderall

adderall 12oz Elite Member

adderall - Replied Feb 13, 2004

lol

adderall - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: