you need to read this!

Guest daes

everywhere I go all I ever hear is how bad graff is and that its the devil, I'm here to say that the society in witch we live has rejected us as a crimanl and as people because we have talent, I say to hell with them, go out and bomb it up, cover their walls with the most beautfull art you can produce and make them understand the beauty of our cuture, we are not crimanls and vandels we are a culture and not even a sub cuture but a race of people who have a gift. the gift to reach people and insper them by using art and style, but untill the society that condems us can see the beauty of our people than they will never apriciate our work. the point is don't let them put you down, trun and fight, raise your head up and say I will not go quietly, beacuse we are hip hop and we will not stop. peace, love and harmony......daes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by daes

we are not crimanls and vandels we are a culture and not even a sub cuture but a race of people who have a gift.

oh my...

Truth is we are vandAls.

And to say we're a 'race'... whoa there!

I like the positivity.. but common!

Guest fr8lover

yeah that was inspriational and all, but zesto is right we are criminals and vandals...and frankly, i doubt anyone thinks of much of it as beautiful, i never thought of it as a culture as much as a sport...i guess thats why ive never been as good as i could...

How old are you? I am willing to bet your not even 15. Look, the harsh truth of the world is "WE ARE CRIMINALS" some people, a very minute few will consider us artists. These are usually the people scared of you, or other writers. Face reality, admit that youve been a bad little boy. Dont go getting grounded for tagging on your backpack. Seriously, read through several of these posts before you get in to troubles man. Good luck, were all here to help.

peace

well fuck

first i was gonna be wise and say "i didnt need to read that"

and then i was gonna be wise and say "we are criminals and vandals you wingnut"

but apparently you bastards stole my fucking idea

peace

I DONT KNOW ABOUT TTHE RACE BULLSHIT. 95 PERCENT OF GRAFF HEADZ AINT GOT SHIT IN COMMON WIT ME, AND OF THE OTHER 5% HALF OF THEM ARE WANNABE THUGS. ANYWAYS WHO CARES. WHETHER ITS A WILL TO FUCK UP SHIT 24/7 OR ARTISTIC TALENT OR BOTH WE ALL HAVE PAINTING IN COMMON. INSTEAD OF TALKIN SHIT AND DIVIDING OURSELVES INTO A COOLNESS HEIRARCHY, WE NEED TO SOLIDIFY AND REPRESENT THIS SHIT UNTIL ITS FUCKEN RECOGNIZED AS A PERMANENT FORCE. FUCK HEROES DICKHEAD KIDS AND ESPECIALLY FUCK AMERIKKKA

STOLEN LAND X3

Guest serpent of the light

i'm metal too

and as has been said, we are vandals, criminals. i dont think we have gifts, we just work for what we do. that comes w/ sports and education. i'm just another art fag writing on the walls. not a part of any race

xxx303

where is the law on this one? and oh yeah, daes, another thing, "we are hip hop" no we are not. hip hop is not graffiti. graffiti is its own diverse culture brother.(if you even consider it that, but definatly not a race) think before you speak (or spell for that matter)

-cdz $0.02:p

"beacuse we are hip hop and we will not stop. "

what on God's green planet is that all about. i would never consider myself hip-hop, and hip-hop never got me into graffiti so agreeing with the majority of the population, "i didnt need to read this."

grow the fuck up and stop reading Subway Art.

OK - a couple of points here. Hiphop is not a part of graffiti. Graffiti is involved with hiphop, bcoz the ignorant many in the world llike to categorize things, and feel that we slip in2 that gender. I love hiphop music - don't get me wrong, but I love reggae more, and love harder edged sounds too - it doesn't mean our artform is any part of any of those MUSIC styles.

2nd - WE ARE VANDALS! Whether what we do is seen as beautiful or not - art is in the eye of the beholder remember - it doesn't matter! We are graffiti writers - we deface surfaces without the permission of the owners, therefore what we do is non-permissed, or illegal, and therefore MAKES US CRIMINALS - VANDALS - the beauty side has nothing to do with it. If a thief pulls off a heist with skill and leaves no trace of his entry or exit, but leaves a beautiful rose in place of the items he took, does that mean it wasn't theft? NO! WE ARE CRIMINALS! WE ARE VANDALS!

Lastlt - how can u finish off by saying peace, love and harmony, when what we are doing is illegal, rarely makes many feel peaceful, shows no love to those who's surface we have defaced and definitely doesn't make the ignorant public feel harmonious 2wards us?

U need 2 learn bro!

Originally posted by cdz

where is the law on this one? and oh yeah, daes, another thing, "we are hip hop" no we are not. hip hop is not graffiti. graffiti is its own diverse culture brother.(if you even consider it that, but definatly not a race) think before you speak (or spell for that matter)

-cdz $0.02:p

word...graffiti is not hip-hop...the idea that graffiti is hip hop is largely the media's rendering. If we take graffiti out of the hip-hop equation, does it affect hip-hop much? NO. If we take hip-hop away from graffiti though, graffiti is much harder to grasp and absorb. Graffiti is a unique phenomenon capable of presenting and defending its own arguments.

graffiti is the non-conforming classes verse the conforming classes.

Graffiti is a harbinger of great apathy and frustration made visible.

Guest serpent of the light

true. i know more metal kids who paint than hip hop kids, not because i dont know hip hop kids either. and i know punks who do it too. graf is art, but not audio art.

xxx303

information

okay first of all I have realized that I am the only one on this board who is old enough to know the roots of graffiti, you bunch of kids are just writing becaue you think its cool or you gane some sort of status from it. graffiti is a direct desendent of hip hop culture, witch is older than you or me. hip hop is a culture that produces a music and NOT a music that produces a culture before you can aruge points like this with me, learn about the past life or graff and what it really was, where it really came from, and who the real old schoolers are. I don't want drama, don't take this the wrong way, but you've got life twisted and you've got graff twisted. go to www.zulunation.com to learn more. peace

Archived