YOU LOOK LIKE MC HAMMER ON CRACK

SHUTMDOWN

Last Saturday night my new girlfriend and I were about 30 yards or so from a shooting outside a local club, and then another cloud killer bust one off about the same distance in an apparnet stick up in my neighborhood the following night. Needless to say, the city is getting slightly wilder than usual. She's from a pretty nice spot out in the county and not really use to such excitement. We're both a little nervous about her walking from her work to the parking garage, and from her car to my house. She said she wouldn't carry a gun, and asked if I'd get her some mace. I decided a Stun Gun would be a happy medium and decent protection from an unarmed attacker. The problem is I'm not sure how effective they really are.

The directions say that you have to apply the thing for about 4 to 5 seconds for it to incapacitate someone. Not thinking I'm going to be phyically able to zap myself for 4 seconds, I suggested that she do it so that we could effectively try it out. She wont do it. We were at a bar the other night, and I broke it out and stuck my homeboy. Either he was able to jump and get away, or subconsciously I couldnt bear to make him look like an epileptic in public. All hell broke loose and we had about a 5 minute meylay of druken shockings traded between me and my friends. The only thing this proved is that it DOES hurt, but nobody went down twitching, and nobody got in a good few seconds of effective zap time.

So now I'm back to the drawing board and thought it might be a good idea to ask some fellow 12 ouncers for suggestions. I want to prove to both of us that it is not only a good piece of self defense, but that she will be capable of carrying out the deed, leaving her enough time to escape. She is the type person that is extreemely nice to everybody and does not want to hurt anybody. I came up with the idea of making her give one of the vagrants that hang out by her work and ask for money a good buzz while I was present to make sure that we maintained control of the situation. She agreed half hartedly under the condition that we leave him like $20 for when he comes to. I really dont think she's going to do it, so I need some creative ways to REALISTICLY test this thing out.

So, If you know anything about Stun Guns, or you are a creative thinker, please help a brother out...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest ctrl+alt+del

there are small little gadgets that emit ultra fucking high pitched noises that will cause your attacker to go temporarily deaf, can induce vomitting and disorient them

stun guns are fun. they feel like a bunch of needles are shooting into you good times.there good to use. people dont expect it usually. so its a little shocker but when you know your getting tazzed you could stand it the most 10 seconds depending where it is and how many volts

there a bonus for getting money for drugs

the bad thing about stun guns is that for them to be effective you have to allow your attacker to get close enough to touch you.

from what i hear thats a bad thing...

what if i'm the attacker and i've been through "a little" self defense training? i would have your girl, and the stun gun subdued in seconds.

a better choice would be a tazer gun.

i had a stun gun, they hurt a little bit, but it isn't going to stop a guy with full adrenaline trying to attack your woman. and like you said, you have to keep it on the guy for 3-5 seconds to actually do some work..... just get the mace. cheaper, and effective. don't forget to get the lisence to carry it though.... its considered a weapon in some states

i have heard that pepper spray is more effective than mace. i don't really know because i havent been sprayed with mace. but since i have habernero immunity it's not so effective on me. it will make it hard to see however so make sure to go for the eyes. ha... :pig: ... had to flush my eyes for like 10 minutes. tastes pretty good though. check the heat index of your spray too.

if the attacker manages to get close, a knife would be more effective than brass knuckles. so, get a knife that is legal.... probably want one with a belt clip so you can keep it handy and don't lose it. Also the best way to grip a knife is to hold the knife in your grip with the knife facing down, and the sharp side of the blade facing out. This way you can slash and stab more effectively...

Martial arts are great too. For women I always recommend hapkido and judo....

Yeah forget the stun gun... get a taser. if the attacker is that close you are in trouble anyways. and a good way to up the amperage is to run thicker wire... test it out though. *summon thor*

i would have her get a gun. a couple of bodyguards. snipers on the roof.

bodymore murderland welcome to hell. strange the murder rate always seems to go up wherever i'm at. (no i'm not a serial killer!)

It sounds like all these weapons are good options..but the question is, will she use them in the heat of the moment? These situations suck, but at least you are preparing her for the unexpected.

Another option is to move in with your girl....county life isn't all that bad. You can still keep it real by traveling to your spots with her. Then again violent crime is everywhere in our lovely state.

I dunno, I've always heard knives aren't the way to go if you haven't had proper training in how to effectively use one.

Brass knuckles I'd really only suggest if you're a loudmouthed son of a bitch in public (like me). They won't do much if you're being jumped; but if someone's trying to square off you really don't even have to know how to throw a nice punch; just swing the weight at eyesocket orbs, up into some lower ribs, or at kneecaps; motherfuckers won't last long.

Projectiles are ideal, though.

Mace sucks.

I caught a couple of face fulls.

At this point though i can still manage to be effective when sprayed.

But trust me, mace is the way to go.

The effect of a stun gun is probably 35 seconds at max.

The mace is closer to 20 minutes.