You know when you get into a fight and later remember things you should have said?

Soup BDC

Yeah it burns me up.

Today I was called in to see the director of our art major's department, which was more of a "IM THE ALMIGHTY DIRECTOR YOU SHALL OBEY!" while I try to defend myself as much as possible after she says "If you argue with me, or any of your teachers again I'll have you kicked out, and I've already been given the Ok to do so from the administration."

She talked so much bullshit.

She said all my work sucked. I forgot to ask, WHY?

I told her my work was as good if not better than the rest of the class, ands he said dont look at the rest of the class's work. She said that this art department doesnt grade on a curve. I should have told her, how the fuck does that work. You're not grading math papers.

She asked me why I changed from industrial design to graphic design. I told her because industrial design was a different skill set. She had the BALLS to say "OH YEAH WELL I'VE DONE SOME INDUSTRIAL DESIGN. IT'S A LOT OF DRAWING JUST LIKE HERE." And I should have told her, NO IT'S FUCKING NOT! IT'S A LOT OF BONDO. IT'S A LOT OF RINSHAPE AND TEN POUND FOAM. IT'S A LOT OF HOURS IN A MINIMALLY VENTED SPRAY BOOTH. IT'S A LOT OF CHOKING ON CARCINOGENS YOU BITCH.

I'm seriously about to fail art school because I'm good and I say I am. I need help.. I have a teacher with an axe to grind and is making me redo all my work from this semester in two weeks, a director that wants me dead... and this is a FUNDEMENTAL CLASS!!!

I'll elaborate if anyone can please help me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw an episode the other day

ali g was talkin to some politician about money and asked "why dont we have a $51.45 bill, this way we wouldn't need any change?" to which the politician replied " well how would u pay for something thats $51.50?"

to which the genius ali g replies "yo, id just whip out my $51.50 bill then! Safe!"

hahahahaha fat cat got owned, he had nothing to say to that

The photo collage is nice.

My advice is, shut your yap about being so good. Telling people your good (particuly elder people in the industry) just makes them think your a tosser.

At Uni , the best lesson I learnt was to cater to what the lecturers want, instead of what I wanted. You dont grade yourself , they do. Think about it.

Sorry for repeats. Fuckin edit.

Crest.gif

swim.gif

These two are i guess D work. Any Graphic Designers care to help?

i dont really know whats going on with the second, but the first is pretty damn cliche.

your work isn't at all bad, but it's not really a whole lot to be bragging about either.

just roll with it, learn what you can and be out. as cats have said, as soon as you start bragging about how nice you are to people who've been in the industry for a billion years, you look like a shitty, snot nosed rich kid prick and tht will only make shit worse.

this is classic... thats why you should never trust anybody when they said this or that about a fight...cause you always hear a different story that sounds more like the truth

if anything.. you can always spraypaint bitch on her car... i know girls dont like that and will cruise around in that car until they get something done... lol

write bitch and have an arrow pointing at the driver's window

Yeah it burns me up.

Today I was called in to see the director of our art major's department, which was more of a "IM THE ALMIGHTY DIRECTOR YOU SHALL OBEY!" while I try to defend myself as much as possible after she says "If you argue with me, or any of your teachers again I'll have you kicked out, and I've already been given the Ok to do so from the administration."

She talked so much bullshit.

She said all my work sucked. I forgot to ask, WHY?

I told her my work was as good if not better than the rest of the class, ands he said dont look at the rest of the class's work. She said that this art department doesnt grade on a curve. I should have told her, how the fuck does that work. You're not grading math papers.

She asked me why I changed from industrial design to graphic design. I told her because industrial design was a different skill set. She had the BALLS to say "OH YEAH WELL I'VE DONE SOME INDUSTRIAL DESIGN. IT'S A LOT OF DRAWING JUST LIKE HERE." And I should have told her, NO IT'S FUCKING NOT! IT'S A LOT OF BONDO. IT'S A LOT OF RINSHAPE AND TEN POUND FOAM. IT'S A LOT OF HOURS IN A MINIMALLY VENTED SPRAY BOOTH. IT'S A LOT OF CHOKING ON CARCINOGENS YOU BITCH.

I'm seriously about to fail art school because I'm good and I say I am. I need help.. I have a teacher with an axe to grind and is making me redo all my work from this semester in two weeks, a director that wants me dead... and this is a FUNDEMENTAL CLASS!!!

I'll elaborate if anyone can please help me.

So, what did you do to make everyone hate you?

as cats have said' date=' as soon as you start bragging about how nice you are to people who've been in the industry for a billion years, you look like a shitty, snot nosed rich kid prick and tht will only make shit worse.[/quote']

right on the money. keep your head down and stay humble. no matter how good you think you are, there are a thousand people out there that are better than you. let your work do the talking

Hey folks thanks for the advice and humbleness recieved. I still need help dealing with a teacher that's put D's on everything I've posted. I'm not saying I'm fucking great here, but this is a fundemental class, first semester, and that shit is passing. I don't know what to do, because I have to choose my words extremely well since a slip up and all she has to do is ask the director to have me kicked out and I'm gone.

This is a very bad situation. Before my meeting with the director, my teacher said that if I believed she graded my work improperly i could take it to the director. Then when i met with the director she had a copy of all you see above and the first words out of her mouth was that my work was terrible, then she went on to blow everything I did out of proportion.

She was fucking mad that after I got into an "arguement" with my teacher over my grades and afterwards I didn't appologize. What the fuck kind of shit is that why would I appologize about a fucking discussion over my grades?

I need help, we've got some smooth talkers on this site. Where they at? We've got some graphic designers too, help me out. I need to one way or another smooth talk AND show some highly professional work to a teacher, very reserved round cookie-baking-type looking who has an axe to grind after I let the S-word slip in the second week of class.

And for the logos: The assignment was to make a logo for a made up swim club. I made a crest because, well, it's a sport.