You know how sometimes criminals "accidentally fall down stairs" in police custody...

DETO

<span style='color:pink'>...In Japan they "shoot themselves to death during interrogation"

Cop off hook in suspect's death

High court says man shot himself during interrogation

By HIROSHI MATSUBARA

Staff writer

The Tokyo High Court on Wednesday overturned a lower court ruling that a 55-year-old suspect was shot dead by a policeman during an interrogation in 1997 and instead decided the victim committed suicide, rejecting a redress demand by the man's daughter.

The high court supported the Kanagawa Prefectural Police claim that Yoshio Yanagi committed suicide during an interrogation at the Tobe Police Station in Yokohama's Nishi Ward.

In its 2002 ruling on the daughter's damages suit, the Yokohama District Court said it was unlikely that Yanagi, head of a Yokohama financial firm who also had underworld ties, could commit suicide in the interrogation room and ruled that he had in fact been "accidentally" shot to death by a sergeant who was grilling him.

In reversing the lower court decision, presiding Judge Toshinobu Akiyama of the high court said it was technically possible for Yanagi to snatch a bullet from a plastic bag placed on a table as evidence, when the two interrogators were not looking.

The judge also said that Yanagi was accustomed to using a handgun and thus could load the weapon and shoot himself in the presence of one of the officers.

He also rejected the daughter's claim that police at least bear responsibility for leaving a firearm accessible to a suspect under interrogation, saying the victim's actions in such a situation could not have been predictable.

In a news conference after the ruling, Yanagi's daughter, 28, said while she had been told by lawyers that higher courts are usually more supportive of the government side than lower courts, she was still surprised by the high court's complete dismissal of the lower court ruling.

"Even if he killed himself, the ruling offers no convincing answer as to why and how he did it," she said.

Her lawyer said she will appeal to the Supreme Court.

Yanagi was arrested in October 1997 on suspicion of possessing a handgun.

Police claimed Yanagi shot himself with the same weapon on Nov. 8 the same year while Sgt. Yukio Hasegawa and another officer were interrogating him at the station.

Hasegawa and several others received minor warnings for failing to keep an eye on the suspect. Hasegawa is still on the Kanagawa force.

Refusing to accept the police explanation that Yanagi killed himself, the daughter filed a criminal complaint with the local public prosecutor's office in 2000, charging that Hasegawa somehow shot her father to death. But the prosecutors did not take up the case.

Aiming to uncover what actually happened in the closed interrogation room, the daughter then filed the damages suit, seeking 9.2 million yen in compensation from the Kanagawa Prefectural Office. The district court ordered Kanagawa police to pay her 5 million yen.

She also filed a request with a local Committee for the Inquest of Prosecution, which reviews prosecutors' decisions, last year. The committee has not yet handed down a decision on the case.

The Japan Times: April 29, 2004</span>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Japanese cops make U.S. cops seem like liberals

And the Japanese people as a whole are a MILLION times more racist than Americans. They think that they are destined to rule the world. Huh. Silly Nipponese. Everybody knows that Americans are God's Chosen People.

Palestine One

You don't know what you are talking about. When I was in the Marine Corps, which is 30% black, at least, and probably another 20% Latino, we had very little racial animosity. The Marine Corps has a substantial percentage of black or Latino officers, but most are Caucasian, because this country is about 75% Caucasian, and was more like 78% back in 1976.

The Japanese civilians hated black Marines, and were pretty fucking rude to Latino Marines too. I saw Marines tear up more than one bar that refused to serve the black Marines.

The J.P.'s (Japanese Police) absolutely hated it when Japanese girls dated Americans, and hated it even more if they dated Marines, and hated it most of all if they dated black American Marines. They would curse out the Japanese girls and insult them in Japanese if they saw one walking with a black Marine.

The Japanese people in general want a completely homogenous society. That means NOBODY there except native-born Japanese. Young Japanese people who were born after 1980 may be more open-minded, but not much, I'll bet. Superficially, they love things Western and American (Levi's, rock music, blonde Barbie-doll models, etc.) but they want the luxury items without the people.

They even hate Koreans to the point that if a Korean man marries a Japanese girl, her parents will probably not accept the grandchildren.

A Japanese female bartender I met had a baby by a Puerto Rican-American Marine. Her parents held a funeral service and "buried" her. From that moment on, she was "dead" to them.

And fuck you too, you reverse racist.

Originally posted by PalestineOne

I dont give a fuck what you say about other countires and how your white ass percieved them during "3 months". America is the most racist country on earth. and again, what the hell would you know about that, WHITE BOY

You, my friend, are a retard.

Thats right fucked.

Some strange stuff hapens in Japans. I know im ignorent to most of their culture and I still havent made a trip over there.. (maybe in a few years before the babies start rolling out).

My gf is a dancer and she refuses to dance for most japanese guys. they go from dropping $20 a song for 6 songs - not looking at you- acting all timid to sneak attacking ass grabs.

i know most guys do that shit- but she says these asian guys are down in pattren. they do some other nasty shit too.. not to mention she has had 6 of them cry on her each in seperate situations when she wouldnt do anything more than dance.

I`m the most racist, what do I win?

Kabar....Kabar Kabar Kabar. You know what I hate? generalizations. Yes there are Japanese people who don`t like Blacks. But most racist Japanese probably don`t like Americans.:nope: Gee, I wonder why. Let`s just stop this racist competition and get on to how we all hate cops.:five-o: Yeah, he fell on this knife 27 times.

Originally posted by DETO

however, it is an interesting read. :idea:

That shit is crazy....How they gonna say that the man killed himself when the cope were questionin him? Even so, how would he sneak a gun into a station....This makes no sense....:confused:

Re: Japanese cops make U.S. cops seem like liberals

Originally posted by KaBar2

And the Japanese people as a whole are a MILLION times more racist than Americans. They think that they are destined to rule the world. Huh. Silly Nipponese. Everybody knows that Americans are God's Chosen People.

hahahahahahahaha this old dude knows EVERYTHING. just ask him.

Re: Japanese cops make U.S. cops seem like liberals

:lol:

Guest Deist

Re: Palestine One

You don't know what you are talking about. When I was in the Marine Corps, which is 30% black, at least, and probably another 20% Latino, we had very little racial animosity. The Marine Corps has a substantial percentage of black or Latino officers, but most are Caucasian, because this country is about 75% Caucasian, and was more like 78% back in 1976.

The Japanese civilians hated black Marines, and were pretty fucking rude to Latino Marines too. I saw Marines tear up more than one bar that refused to serve the black Marines.

The J.P.'s (Japanese Police) absolutely hated it when Japanese girls dated Americans, and hated it even more if they dated Marines, and hated it most of all if they dated black American Marines. They would curse out the Japanese girls and insult them in Japanese if they saw one walking with a black Marine.

The Japanese people in general want a completely homogenous society. That means NOBODY there except native-born Japanese. Young Japanese people who were born after 1980 may be more open-minded, but not much, I'll bet. Superficially, they love things Western and American (Levi's, rock music, blonde Barbie-doll models, etc.) but they want the luxury items without the people.

They even hate Koreans to the point that if a Korean man marries a Japanese girl, her parents will probably not accept the grandchildren.

A Japanese female bartender I met had a baby by a Puerto Rican-American Marine. Her parents held a funeral service and "buried" her. From that moment on, she was "dead" to them.

And fuck you too, you reverse racist.

This rant was just beyond stupid.

im pretty sure kabaar is a lot smarter than the majority of people on this board, either that or he's really good at making up a lot of shit that sounds incredibly factual without slipping up whatsoever. everyone who argues with him doesnt really have shit to say, particularly in this thread everyone's argument against him can be boiled down to "no, you're wrong."

palestineone, what the fuck would you know about it? have you ever been to japan? if so, i suggest you spill the beans about how you would have any better idea than anyone else, cuz you just look like a chump right now.

its not being smarter that gets people to follow the kabar rhetoric its the conviction with which its written. People just cause someone took the time to type doesnt mean its so.

however i will say japanese culture is very inward looking. I read a very good article in the new yorker or newsweek, forget which..... after typing a partial recap i realize im to lazy to flush it all out so Ive erased it. sorry.

Archived