You have to read this personal ad:

RumPuncher

---- I found this on Craigslist and the only reason why I lookd is because it's in my hood,

right down to the intersection. And if I ever see this kid.... I think I will steal his bike.

I mean really..... I wanted to send him an email to tell him to get the fuck out of my neighbourhood.

Whiny little dork. you can reach him here: anon-45833950@craigslist.org if you hate him too.

It reads like a fucking 'checklist' of being an indie sceenster.

Damn some people try WAY to hard to fit it. PGW to the extreme!

Read and laugh...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now, I'm sitting in my room listening to obscure indie rock. Two minutes ago, I was on a streetcar ride back from a VICE magazine party that was disgustingly cliche, but infinitely entertaining. The theme was 'Miami Vice', and you can imagine what that meant: uber-hip hipsters sporting designer clothing from the 80s, not to mention their contemporary mullets and white plastic sunglasses. I stuck out like a sore thumb, which is surprising since I think of myself as the kind of person who can blend into most situations (neuroscience labs, indie coffee shops, et cetera). Why? Because I just work this way. I wear good shoes, good jeans, and sport a good haircut. These are sometimes invaluable traits, not to mention my oddly charming (and sometimes intimidating) ability to talk about a wide range of things.

So what sorts of things do I do? What kind of person am I?

I study philosophy and psychology at the University of *******.

I edit some undergraduate philosophy journals.

I work in a psycholinguistics laboratory as a researcher.

Yesterday, I quit my job as a barback at a trendy nightclub.

I've been to the heart of the Sahara desert, via Morocco.

I did the cheezy backpacking thing around Europe.

I ride a fixed-gear track bike almost everywhere.

I will be buying a motorcycle in the upcoming weeks.

I play weekly shows in *******.

I've released two CDs. One got a really bad review in **** Magazine; the other reviews have been reasonably positive.

I once studied music performance at U of ****.

I've worked on a cruise ship.

I *love* analog synthesizers.

I intend to do post-graduate work in philosophy. I'm in no rush to do this, however.

Excuse the factual nature of my list-like description but there's more to come... (People like to know these things, right?)

My vices:

- I like Avril.

- I can NEVER say 'no' to espresso.

- Sometimes my ambivalence is debilitating.

- I encourage people to do things they wouldn't ordinarily do. I somehow just presuppose that my friends have the same sort of obsession with novelty, like I do.

- I'm usually not so cheery in the mornings. Sorry.

My appearance:

I'm 5'8", primarily Caucasian (although my father is from Chile), slim, and have somewhat-long brown indie-hair. Sometimes I wear dark-rimmed glasses, sometimes I wear contacts. Style? Think 'unassuming art-oriented nerd meets *****local scene**'...

I've got a picture or two, if you really want to see what I look like.

What I'm looking for:

Someone around my own age to encourage me to do things I wouldn't ordinarily do.

Someone to listen to music with at very high volumes.

Someone to bike around the city with.

Someone who shares my affinity for espresso.

Someone who occasionally likes touching toes and reading either high-browed magazines or Archie comics (I have both at my apartment).

Someone who isn't obsessed with MSN.

Someone who looks forward to good sex with someone they delight in.

As for appearance, I'm actually quite flexible. That being said, the women I've been with seem to share a certain 'look': artsy, cute, thin-to-average build.

The CD I'm listening to is now on its last track. I figure that this is probably a good cue to cut this email short.

Let's meet up. At worst, you'll get a good coffee out of it; I know some great places. But maybe if I'm lucky, you'll take me somewhere I've never been before.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

'If you're obsessed with style, trite fashion, and classy buzzwords like a bitch you most likely are a bitch, how else could you see the world through both eyes of a bitch?'

Unless you're getting paid for it.. then more power to you. Just don't expect me to care when you tell me your favorite $100+ hoodie company is about to go 'Walmart' (which happened to me this week).

zester... i think you neglected the obvious reaction here: posing as a girl to get his picture. then posting it here for us to make fun of him, or put up flyers with his pic and his personal ad to make fun of him in your hood (and taking a picture os people laughing at said flyer and posting it on here, of course)