you guys remember LEN "STEAL MY SUNSHINE"

fr8lover

what a dope song? sampled "more more more" for the beat which is fresh thing #1, #2 was just how fucking summer this track felt and #3 was how weird the video was. apparently the dude and chick are brother-sister but they really are doing some uncomfortably un-brother sisterly stuff.

never heard the rest of the album, never heard another song from them. this song rules though.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

i wouldnt be talking about the undepthfull levels of that songs dopeness, but it was sure a fresh summer tune..i kinda liked that chick to

Guest imported_El Mamerro

That song (and the video) embodies summerness like no other. No fronting allowed, the song rocks. Beer,

El Mamerro

My buddy was spinning at a show that Len was playing at....the guy from Len comes off stage, bumps into my buddy and says 'Who the fuck is this clown?".....my buddy straight cracks him in the face.....Len was out for the count.

true story

Yeah. I never liked that shit. But, I heard something kinda interesting about those guys. I heard that they were on some indie/ underground type hip hop shit, but they were told that they had to change the style of their music in order to breakthrough into the mainstream market. Which maybe the reason why their shit was so extra poppy.

the album was alot more hip-hop/undergroundish, it was just the one song that was so 'poppy'. i mean, they had two dj's, two really good dj's.

anyway, mark, the 'main guy' behind len used to run a lable called '4 ways to rock'... they put out, among other things, mr. dibbs (who appeared on the len album). they didnt 'sell out', they got hooked up, got a shit load of money, got to tour the world, and it funded all the side projects they wanted to do. mark gets nothing but respect from me.

and for anyone interested, buck65 is featured (for some unknown reason) on the cover, standing next to the light pole. there are some other random people on the inside cover, i just cant remember who.

• 6 months later...
Originally posted by seeking

haha... i'm friends with those guys.

the album wasnt really like the song, and they are really good live.

and i cant front, that song is catchy as shit.

thats all.

word. album was real different. not only biz mark, mr dibbs, but some other not so stupid were on it. not saying that len was stupid. just to support the argument that the album was not complete shit. only a song or two i think. i still listen to that album.

one of my friends got the 12" and it had dibbs on it doing some hip hop tracks. those are the only tracks len gets props from...so far...and apparently, they got their name from a writer...for some reason, they were all about graffiti...i dunno...just some cool facts, but i've never heard their cd.

what side projects were you referring to, seeking?

the graf you refer to is Jrome dsk crew from toronto, he was one of the members, cool cat. partied with him about a month ago and all we could do was laugh at those len days.

those dsk kids had toronto on lock in the late 90's. real deal straight up bombers..

there were a couple other writers who hung around but their names escape me now.

Originally posted by bigpoppa.k

the graf you refer to is Jrome dsk crew from toronto, he was one of the members, cool cat. partied with him about a month ago and all we could do was laugh at those len days.

those dsk kids had toronto on lock in the late 90's. real deal straight up bombers..

there were a couple other writers who hung around but their names escape me now.

morf.....and i'm wanting to say some of them abc fellas cause they were togather out here YEARS ago but I was young new kid so I might be wrong.A dude that lives around the corner from me was in on that Len shit.

Archived