you guys are never gonna buy this, but...

seeking

remember that 'take your shirt off, wrap it around your hand, twist it like a hellicopter' song? yeah, yeah, i know, there's no way that that dude could have a quality album right? thats what i thought too, but yo, on the real, this dude is sick. i downloaded his first record months ago (thanks biter, another secret gem) but never listened to it till just recently. i was sleeping.

'intelligent' back packing rap fans front on anything that isn't presented as intellectual, but 9.9 times out of ten intellectual shit has no heart and is pretentious as fuck. on top of that, it's rarely all that intelligent either. but then you get fools like this...fools like lil wayne. granted, alot of the stuff they talk about is bullshit (wayne moreso than pablo, this album almost borders on gospel rap) but the things they do talk that are real, are uber real. wayne has a song about fucking shti up with his babies mother and is actually like....sincere. the other day i saw him on cribs (in a decidedly non-cash money looking house) talking about how his daughter is all about 'doris the explorer' or some shit. showing all the dolls he bought for her and shit. it was cute, cause it was real. it's nothign for some emo faggot motherfucker to act all sappy and be sentimental, but when you've got an otherwise thuggish ruggish dude...when he makes a song about how he fucked up shit with the only girl he's ever loved, and he apologizes for hurting her...that shit is kinda real, ya know? sure, there are another 14 songs that talk about gang banging girls, ha, but thats all the bravado nonsense that everyone fronts with.

anyway, trust me, go download 'diary of a sinner', or if you cant get the whole album, get the songs 'didn't i', 'fool for love' or 'test of faith'.

plus, pablo is seriously a sick emcee. listening to this, album (which came out in 01 i think) you can draw a direct line from this to eminem's new stuff and an assload of other emcees.

petey pablo is the faith no more of the rap world.

dont sleep.

plus, beats by timbaland? cant go wrong there.

seeks/i cant believe i devoted this much effort to this. ha.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here's a simple fact to tack on to this:

back when the gangsta thing was all over,

the 2live crew could play in any city in the US and get love.

Some rappers couldnt play out of their own cities for fear of

the local thugs killing them because everyone was too damn hard.

But 2live.... they just rapped about pussy, and who would hate on that?

Really? WHO?

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Jan 4 2005, 02:05 PM

But 2live.... they just rapped about pussy, and who would hate on that?

Really? WHO?

Alright, alright, we gonna break it down like this, alright, check this out. When I say Martinez you say suck dick and when I say Martinez wife you say eat pussy. Alright here we go.

Guest im not witty
Originally posted by Kr430n5_666@Jan 4 2005, 05:37 PM

how can i go home with nothing to say?

that is really funny. too bad no one gets it.

also,

NORTH CAROLINA RAISE UP BLAH BLAH HELLICOPTER. when i was in philly last year and the panthers beat the eagles, we rode around thumping that shit. but honestly no one noticed .

Originally posted by Weapon X@Jan 4 2005, 03:10 PM

Hell yeah, Petey Pablo is sick. Also, I realized that TI is also the dude in "Round Here" by Trick Daddy, so I'll say that he's pretty good, too. Even though he claims to be the king of the South or whatever.

yea man TI is the shit..and his shit is real...i duno about "the king" but i like alot of his shit.