Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

you guys are never gonna buy this, but...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Jan 4, 2005.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

remember that 'take your shirt off, wrap it around your hand, twist it like a hellicopter' song? yeah, yeah, i know, there's no way that that dude could have a quality album right? thats what i thought too, but yo, on the real, this dude is sick. i downloaded his first record months ago (thanks biter, another secret gem) but never listened to it till just recently. i was sleeping.

'intelligent' back packing rap fans front on anything that isn't presented as intellectual, but 9.9 times out of ten intellectual shit has no heart and is pretentious as fuck. on top of that, it's rarely all that intelligent either. but then you get fools like this...fools like lil wayne. granted, alot of the stuff they talk about is bullshit (wayne moreso than pablo, this album almost borders on gospel rap) but the things they do talk that are real, are uber real. wayne has a song about fucking shti up with his babies mother and is actually like....sincere. the other day i saw him on cribs (in a decidedly non-cash money looking house) talking about how his daughter is all about 'doris the explorer' or some shit. showing all the dolls he bought for her and shit. it was cute, cause it was real. it's nothign for some emo faggot motherfucker to act all sappy and be sentimental, but when you've got an otherwise thuggish ruggish dude...when he makes a song about how he fucked up shit with the only girl he's ever loved, and he apologizes for hurting her...that shit is kinda real, ya know? sure, there are another 14 songs that talk about gang banging girls, ha, but thats all the bravado nonsense that everyone fronts with.

anyway, trust me, go download 'diary of a sinner', or if you cant get the whole album, get the songs 'didn't i', 'fool for love' or 'test of faith'.

plus, pablo is seriously a sick emcee. listening to this, album (which came out in 01 i think) you can draw a direct line from this to eminem's new stuff and an assload of other emcees.
    petey pablo is the faith no more of the rap world.
    dont sleep.
    plus, beats by timbaland? cant go wrong there.

seeks/i cant believe i devoted this much effort to this. ha.

2. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

how can i go home with nothing to say?

3. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

This is a joke..I don't care how much time you've devoted because I'm pulling the bullshit card..

I will listen just because seeking said so....bastard.

4. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

and then you listen to Freak A Leak.....

5. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

seeking... you should start a music review column on 12oz.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

totally not joking.
    i'm not saying dude is the second coming of rakim, i'm just saying that theres often a hell of a lot more honesty and in southern hip hop than people aknowledge.

'do dat' is dope also.

7. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

here's a simple fact to tack on to this:

back when the gangsta thing was all over,
    the 2live crew could play in any city in the US and get love.
    Some rappers couldnt play out of their own cities for fear of
    the local thugs killing them because everyone was too damn hard.
    But 2live.... they just rapped about pussy, and who would hate on that?
    Really? WHO?

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

getting killed is sooooooo wack!

9. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

I got a hundred ways to make a grip

10. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

Alright, alright, we gonna break it down like this, alright, check this out. When I say Martinez you say suck dick and when I say Martinez wife you say eat pussy. Alright here we go.

11. InDY_500

InDY_500 Veteran Member

That song Vibrate wasnt too bad... The beat was so so...

12. FIST2CUFFS

FIST2CUFFS Member

the stuff that has comes from the dirty south is pretty good in my book.

13. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Hell yeah, Petey Pablo is sick. Also, I realized that TI is also the dude in "Round Here" by Trick Daddy, so I'll say that he's pretty good, too. Even though he claims to be the king of the South or whatever.

14. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

seeks/like, three or four years late to the party.

15. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

haha... I bet seeking is working on the new running man,
    elephant man style, in his stretch denim as we speak.