you filthy moose

cultural me

you silly goose

12/28/02: Air Force to pay up for dummy bomb drop on home

Source: CNN.com Saturday, December 28, 2002 Posted: 9:55 AM EST (1455 GMT)

EL PASO, Texas (AP) -- The Air Force said it will pay about $12,000 in damages to a woman whose house was hit by a dummy bomb.

Gloria Aker's west Texas home was hit last July by a bomb accidentally dropped from an Air Force F-117A Nighthawk on a practice run from Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico.

Although the dummy bomb didn't contain explosives, it pierced the home's roof, flew through a bathroom, slammed through a wall, then plowed six feet into the ground. Later, a device used to locate the bomb discharged smoke throughout the house.

Aker was in her home with her two children when the bomb hit. All three were shaken but unharmed. The family has been living with Aker's parents while the home is repaired.

"My son and my daughter, they have nightmares. They're not too excited about going home," Aker said.

Attorney Mike Milligan said his client accepted the $12,000 offer this week. A spokeswoman at the air base confirmed the settlement Friday.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived