1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

you ever seen someone after they've been shot in the head? (no pics, i swear...)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by vinyl junkie, Apr 16, 2002.

1. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie 12oz Elite Member

you ever seen someone after they've been shot in the head? (no pics, i swear...)

Discussion started by vinyl junkie - Apr 16, 2002

i was cleaning my room today and i found a picture of a friend of mine...

about a year and a half ago he stole a car in an attempt to get away from his dad. his dad was fuckin nuts, but i don't wanna get into that... anyways he stole his dad's car and gun and took the fuck off... dad called the cops and then called his wife. his wife was actually kind of sane and said call off the cops! my friend had threatened to kill himself instead of going back to jail, which would have happened if he'd been caught... so, i've never gotten the full story on this part, but either his dad didn't call off the cops )which wouldn't surprise me), or the cops wouldn't drop it...

eventually the cops found him on the freeway, a few towns down... a high-speed chase followed, and before long, they forced him off the freeway and he ended up trapped on a dead-end street... he got out of the car with the gun held to his head... no one really knows how long they talked, but my friend was asking for them to leave, and then, knowing that wasn't possible for them to call his mom... anyways, they shouted back and forth about this for a while, and then one of the cops shot him in the leg... no one has said why he did this. but it has been established that the (my friend's) gun was never pointed anywhere but his (my friend's) head...almost immediately after being shot my friend shot himself...

he didn't die immediately, but was instantly a vegetable... he was taken to a hospital and was kept alive long enough to donate his organs... i got a call in class about an hour after all this happened... i walked across campus to pull another friend of mine out of class, who lived with him for a while... we drove to the hospital and talked to and hugged his mom for a while... then we went in to see him. this is the part i will never forget...

soon after the shot to his head, his whole body began to swell, in particular his face... his lips were the size of a sanford perm. marker and they were splitting. his nose managed to be swollen, and almost dissappearing into his cheeks and lips at the same time. his cheecks looked like they were full of food or sumpin. and, the part that disturbed me the most, was that his eyelids were swollen. his eyelids swelled so much that the outside were stretched tight, and the inside (the part that touches your eye) had started to flip out and were more visible than the outside...

he was shut down just a few hours later, and there was a funeral later that week...

for a long time he didn't have a headstone, because his parents were waiting for the city to pay for it (through a wrongful death suit)... they never won it, but they paid for one, and he finally has one now...

I go to the spot where he's buried every once in a while... i just go up there and smoke a few ciggarettes. i always light one and put it in one of the flowers that are there... there's always flowers...

about 6 months ago it was his birthday... i spent some time with his mom. i found out that she has been going to his site almost everyday... she still has all the ciggarette butts she found in flowers in a box at home...

vinyl junkie - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. -sudz-

-sudz- Guest

-sudz- - Replied Apr 17, 2002

whoa man, that must have been surreal. i feel for ya.

3. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

-MOE LESTER- - Replied Apr 17, 2002

i think im going cry....... naw jp

rip

4. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

DEE38 - Replied Apr 17, 2002

: : hugs : :

:(

DEE38 - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. swif1

swif1 12oz Veteran Member

swif1 - Replied Apr 17, 2002

RiP

swif1 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

Zack Morris - Replied Apr 17, 2002

wow...thats awful. I am truely and deeply sorry about all this. Its a horrible world we live and horrible things happen with in it. Sometimes I wonder if those things make us stronger or slowly break us down.

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  7. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie - Replied Apr 17, 2002

wow... thanks all...

i was truly fucked up about this for a while... but since then i've had over a dozen friends and family members die... it's still fucked, and i still get a little screwed up when i think about this, but i learned how to deal... it's definately changed my outlook on life... i'm more careful about how other people feel, but i also take less shit from other people than i used to... i've started standing up for myself a lot more, even if it means getting my ass kicked or whatever... i don't wanna die being the guy who put up with everyone's bullshit and was never really happy...

8. vinyl junkie

i've had friends die since then... drugs, cars, disease, old age... but this was the first person i really loved that died... this one always stands out, and i found that picture of him today...

9. !CEBERG

!CEBERG 12oz Member

!CEBERG - Replied Apr 17, 2002

vinyl much love and respect due to you i know how that shit is...

ive lost 9 friends before they hit the age of 20 while i was growin up...

unfortunatly i cant really get all emotional anymorewhen i first hear the news, i dont know why...

an just startin out down this road is tough, you start jokin about that shit like "another one? soon im not gonna have any friends left"

just to relate ill tell you the story of my boy, he was my heart, the kid outta the clique that was gonna be somebody...

ill keep it short tho...

my boy growin up was always the nice, kid, got picked on kid, doown to earth gonna grow up to be somebody type... always would make you laugh, never would do you wrong, was one the best, if not the best person ive met in my life...

yea well him and a few friends went to go swimmin at this lake, where you can either walk around or swim across...

now me an my boy, well we werent great at swimmin, never had no place to go so i mean we had a mean doggy paddle, but that was about it. well his friends started swimmin across this big lake, an he started to but told him he was gonna walk around, instead of his "boys" or one of his boys going back to walk with him, they left him out there by himself... he drowned and i still dont forgive those fuckin faggots for their lazyness, which is wrong but whatever...

anyways they found him the next day he had an open casket because when his sister went to identify the body it had been sitting on the bottom of a lake for 24 hours, so they didnt want that to be the last time she saw him...

yea well when i went to go pay my respects there i was, lookin at this kid i grew up with, who had more potential to do good around here than me or my friends could ever hope to, bloated and along with the other traits that happens when you sit underwater for a day. but the thing that hurt most is i noticed his knuckles were all cut up from dragging on the bottom of the lake and his head had to be wrapped because it spent the day smashing into rocks...

since then more than enough suicides have been around me, my grandmother tried it 7 times, two of my boys, another one which ive grown up with were both successfull an shit...

well my point is be glad you found that picture, that way you can remember him the way he would want to have been...

i dont mean to ramble on but im givin you somethin to relate too cause i know how depressing this shit can get

keep your head up thats all, cause i know you already will, an if theres one thing ive learned from all this, its the best ones that go first and suicide is selfish

!CEBERG - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. !CEBERG

!CEBERG 12oz Member

ignore this, i dont know how to post anymore

11. vinyl junkie

exactly... it kinda sucks...

12. !CEBERG

!CEBERG 12oz Member

aww fuck why not!#@ GROUP HUG#@!$%!$%

13. ceasroni

ceasroni 12oz Member

ceasroni - Replied Apr 17, 2002

damm RIP to all these kids..

ceasroni - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. ODW

ODW 12oz Member

ODW - Replied Apr 17, 2002

after reading this i consider myself soo lucky to have never had any close friends of mine die. itll be really hard on me when it happens. i dont want to think it. RIP to all your dead close ones.

ODW - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

-MOE LESTER- - Replied Apr 17, 2002

jesus this is sad....a waste of young potential life...rip to everyone who died here.....i was fortunately to not have any friends die...but quite a few of my friends lost parents...that was pretty sad.....i didnt go to the funeral but there was this one kid in my class whos dad died in freshman year....and one of my friends went to the funeral.....and my friend is one hard mother fucker, doesnt take shit from no one.....but anyways at the funeral the kid's(whos dad died) little brother came up to him with tears in his eyes and asked him where daddy was....my fuckin friend said even that touched him...

people who have actual lives ahead of them shouldnt be the ones dying...buts it ironic how the ones most deserving of living always die...and people who dont deserve life at all always live