Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

You can't trick the Trixtah!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Smart, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Well, I always thought the Claudia Schiffer marriage thing was his best trick ever but he's still going...

[​IMG]

Magician David Copperfield robbed after show at Kravis Center

By Jose Lambiet
    Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
    Tuesday, April 25, 2006

He made 13 people disappear into thin air during his Kravis Center show Sunday night, but magician David Copperfield couldn't duplicate the feat with armed teens who robbed him and two women near the venue two hours later.
    No one was injured in the incident.

The handgun-toting suspects scrammed in a black Malibu with a Kentucky license plate but were nabbed 10 minutes later by West Palm Beach cops.

Behind bars today are three Palm Beach Shores boys, all 17, whose names weren't released because of their age, and 18-year-old Dwayne Riley, known on the streets as The Kentuckian. They were charged with armed robbery and held without bail.

The tattoo-covered Riley, also from Palm Beach Shores, is alleged to have pointed a gun at Copperfield, 49, whose real name is David Kotkin.

"I had a gun pointed at my head from 6 inches away," Copperfield said Tuesday between his two shows in Sunrise. "I'm pretty good under pressure. That's my job. But I had two young ladies with me."

The illusionist and assistants Cathy Daly and Mia Volmut were walking near CityPlace toward their tour bus parked at the Kravis when thugs approached them about 11:15 p.m. The group had gone to a steakhouse for dinner after Copperfield's sixth and last show here.

According to the police report, this is what happened next: The Malibu pulled up behind the group, and two of the four young men in the car came out holding handguns. One ordered Daly to "give me what you have." Daly handed over $400 from her pockets. Riley, meanwhile, allegedly stuck a gun in Volmut's face and asked for her purse, and she, too, gave it up. In it were 200 euros, $100, her passport, plane tickets and a Razr cellphone.
    When Copperfield's turn came, Riley was bamboozled.

Copperfield told Page Two he pulled out all of his pockets for Riley to see he had nothing, even though he had a cellphone, passport and wallet stuffed in them.
    "Call it reverse pickpocketing," Copperfield said.

Riley jumped behind the wheel, and the car took off.

Copperfield read the license plate to Daly as she called 911. Daly also described the suspects to the operator as "very urban-like" and cops pulled over the car at 45th Street and Broadway at 11:25 p.m. Copperfield and the women were taken quickly to the location in a squad car, and they identified the handcuffed youths as the robbers. The loot was recovered.

Copperfield said police told him the teens may have been involved in five other armed robberies last week but authorities lacked an accurate description.

"We don't know nothing, and we don't want to know," said a man at the home of one of the juvenile suspects, when asked whether the kids realized whom they were robbing.
    Copperfield explained that he signed several autographs and took pictures with fans earlier on the fateful walk, and first assumed when the robbers came that they, too, wanted his signature.

"I could tell they didn't know me," he said.

So, is he soured on WPB?

"We look forward to coming back to Palm Beach in the future," Copperfield said. "Obviously, we are safe there.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  2. El Mamerro

El Mamerro Dirty Dozen Crew

Wait, dumy's urban?

3. Gunm

Gunm Banned

"very urban-like"

politically correct language if I ever heard it!

4. Obvious

Obvious Banned

copperfield should've made their guns disappear

5. Gunm

Gunm Banned

....Or the wheels to their getwaway car

6. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

if i saw copperfield in public i really doubt id recognize him

7. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

or flown away or is that david blane?

8. count chocula

count chocula Veteran Member

is this the same guy that plays with lions and shit?

9. Gunm

Gunm Banned

no, you're thinking of that dude that got his neck chewed open.....

10. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

he should of magically fucked them dudes up somehow

11. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

David Copperfield
    [​IMG]

David Blaine
    [​IMG]

Doug Henning
    [​IMG]

12. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

I would not fuck with blaine, that man scares me. Ripped and magical. Hennings a beast too.

13. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

14. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

This man is nuts.

15. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

i liked the SouthPark where they roasted on Davey Blaine.