you are what you......

ubejinxed

just a follow up to a discussion i was having at lunch

how do people turn out the way we do?

is it something we are born with, as in genetics. say do criminals have a innate tendency to act the way they do?

or is it the way our parents brings us up?

say your parents techings could influence your natural disposition. but would you eventually rebuke these teachings, and end up the way you were intended?

or is it the way society influences us? does your present situation way more heavily on your choice of actions than every other factor?

is it fate?

i'm thinking it's combination of all of them, but what % is stributed to which factor? and are there other factors that contribute to your overall being.

sorry for the long post. just wondering..

i think it must be the aliens or the government controlling the chips that are implanted in our brains......

------------------

high plains drifter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think you're in fact - on to something. I couldn't tell you the facts though. From a personal point of view - I think that yes, it does have something to do with our up briging and enviroment (or it could simply be a chemical inbalance.) The parents thing is a big factor as well. -- but I'm not really in the mood to elaborate on those.

The other day I was sitting on the couch watching COPS. I notice that when a lot of people get in trouble they deny and they start kicking, screaming and/or crying. These are all childish reactions. I then looked to myself and realized how I act when I get angry and upset - just like I did when I was a kid. We never lose those tendencies.

If you're were a brat and you wanted to do what you wanted without having to follow any order - more than likely, you're going to end up jobless, in the crime ring & in jail.

Ok.. there went my senseless babble...

--------------------------

it made sense to me..

good topic

Why do think mtv does so well? Why do so many kids (13-21 or so)like the same thing? Why do people accept the whole more college make more money thing. Lawyers make more money than construction workers when construction workers work a lot harder. Were conditioned from birth...unvoluntarily and voluntarily(parents school, tv, food, chips in our heads, aliens). School bell rings around me and I feel like I need to run into class or something. rambleramble who knows. All I know is that I'm happy ...........

I think your parents have a huge factor when at a young age, 0-9 yrs old, then by what they have taught you or done to you, society takes over. While society takes over, if you have things happen to you, that will unfluence who you are also.

first let me say.. good topic. this is so hard. what is it? who knows? i do know the way you were raised has somewhat a part of it. but at the same time it doesent. this is so hard to explain.... i just lost my train of thought.. ill finish up later.

We are all simply part of the same subconcious energy directing and shaping us towards enlightment so we can serve our purpose. We are all the same person, the same people of the past, and the same people of the future, put here in divided forms so that we can gather information off of eachother. Eventually, in this life or another, you'll learn to take notice of the extreme coincidences in the order at which we learn and apply what we know. With each generation, we as a human vessel, get smarter, more willing to learn, and we take what we have and keep adding to it. What shapes us is everything around us, but what controls the shaping is the same subconious energy guiding each and every one of us "god", or a "soul", if that makes more sense (it's all the same). Contrary to popular belief, it all happens for a reason, and yes, we do serve a purpose.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

Originally posted by pacman:

good topic

Why do think mtv does so well? Why do so many kids (13-21 or so)like the same thing? Why do people accept the whole more college make more money thing.

It's because of our modern society and big business. Business knows that kids like scandily clad people all over their TV set and that the average idiot will eat that up.

And with the college money thing I also blame society. We want the lawyer that can keep us out of jail, but we'll walk out of the house in our bathrobes with a mocha in hand and give the guy plowing the street the finger for getting too close to our mail box.

I think people turning out the way they do is based on chaos. A minute's event can change how my day goes. Like say if I got a good laugh out of something and I was with good friends, I'll carry the thought. But say in the case of another scenario at the same time on the other hand I was almost hit by a car and someone is a wicked jerk to me. Whether I like it or not I'm carrying these thoughts with me and they're bit by bit shaping my turn of events. I don't believe in fate because all of our thoughts and actions are just so dynamic and unpredictable that what I do in life can't possibly be planned for me.

I dunno, just my 1 1/2 cents.

Originally posted by Harpo Marx:

It's because of our modern society and big business. Business knows that kids like scandily clad people all over their TV set and that the average idiot will eat that up.

And with the college money thing I also blame society. We want the lawyer that can keep us out of jail, but we'll walk out of the house in our bathrobes with a mocha in hand and give the guy plowing the street the finger for getting too close to our mail box.

I didn't really want an answer........I was using it retorically (if that's even a word)

got where you're coming from though.

I think that's is what some of the camera hype is about...finding out what people really do, and how they act. It looks at what kids are wearing and makes productblahblahblah

its hard to say genetics but i definately agree with parental and society influence. do you ever notice how when you kick it with the same person all the time you start kind of acting like eachother? i always start talking like other people.

i think its majorly society......... i mean look at the large amounts of people in the world that act depending on how the society is.... but at the same time i think there are people that are majorly influenced by their teachings as a child. and then there are few of us that our desions are dependant on what we think. unfortunatly there arent enough people that think for themselves and are who they are because that who they are.... too bad it isnt just like that.

here's a bit about being influenced before you are born. i do belive that a lot of our tendencies are ingrained in our beings prior to birth, be it from the mother's lifestyle or basic human nature. maybe i just use this as an excuse for the way i act.

but if you think about it. say two sisters are brought up in basically the same environment, but they each choose completely different paths, from the outset. i mean children are fundamentally different at birth before they are even affected by society, or life's events.

now i'm not saying external factors don't play a large part but...

here's just an example:

BBC News Online

Thursday, 12 July, 2001, 10:24 GMT 11:24 UK

Tomboys bred in the womb

The way a girl twin's brain develops may be in part influenced by the sex

of her fellow twin.

Researchers have discovered that girls who grow inside the womb with their

twin brothers may develop slightly more "masculine" brains than girls with

twin sisters.

The scientists believe this may be because the girls with twin brothers

are exposed to higher levels of the male sex hormone testosterone in the

womb.

It is thought that exposure to sex hormones before birth influences the

way brains develop.

One clear difference is that men's brains tend to have a dominant side

when it comes to hearing words. Women register words more evenly in both

sides of the brain.

------------------

high plains drifter

also.

imagine two different people in the same situation. these people will react completely different depending on who they are. now is this a result of previous experience and they base their reactions on experience or something subconsiously that compells them to act that way.

i know nothing in my experience (parental or societal) causes me to react with the anger that is always lurking. i think it is a fundamental trait i was born with. as i have had this trait for as long as i can remember and see no end to it in sight. and i am past the "angry youth" stage and well into adulthood.

i don't know, maybe i just like to blame uncontrollable factors.

------------------

high plains drifter

Archived