Yosemite Hiking

Gunm

On friday i went and hiked to the top of Half-Dome in Yosemite

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~rpang/yosemite-2002/half-dome-from-glacier-point_s.jpg'>

17 mile hike roundtrip. Got sunburned a little and me and my friends ended up eating snow because we ran out of water on the way down but it was such a dope hike.

The cables to get to the summit was the sketchiest. You basically climb up a steep ass incline holding onto a slippery cable with a 2000 ft drop to the valley floor on either side of you. You let go, you die.

The air was really thin and if you hiked up the mountain too fast you'd get a massive headrush. You take 4 steps, wait till head stops spinning and colors go away and then take 4 more. Repeat.

We went past three huge waterfalls on the way up and down that were surging with all the snowmelt. It was like watching the mountain melting (but maybe that was all the weed we had)

Anyone else ever make this

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude that sounds fuckin' bad ass!

yosemite is one of the most beautiful places around.

i wanna go back there. but i've never went hiking to half dome.

the cool thing about yosemite is theres so many things to check out.

plus if you get tired of nature you can go party by curry village where the workers stay. get some tail from some hippy bitch if you can drown out her speech about dolphins.

Archived