yo, cherry tomatoes

GLIK$

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Lycopene, a carotenoid found in tomato products, prevents oxidation of low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and reduces the risk of developing atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease according to a recent study published in the October 1998 issue of Lipids (Agarwal, S., and Rao A.V.; Tomato lycopene and low-density lipoprotein oxidation: a human dietary intervention study. Lipids, 33, 981-984 (1998). This study showed that daily consumption of tomato products providing at least 40 mg of lycopene was enough to substantially reduce low density lipoprotein (LDL) oxidation. High LDL oxidation is associated with increased risk of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease. This lycopene level can be achieved by drinking just two glasses of tomato juice a day. Research shows that lycopene in tomatoes can be absorbed more efficiently by the body if processed into tomato juice, sauce, paste and ketchup. The bound chemical form of lycopene found in tomatoes is converted by the temperature changes involved in processing to make it more easily absorbed by the body. Ongoing research suggests that lycopene can reduce the risk of prostate cancer and cancers of the lung, bladder, cervix and skin.

Recent Lycopene Studies

At the American Association for Cancer Research meeting held April 12, 1999 in Philadelphia, Dr. Omar Kucuk of Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit reported a study involving 33 men who were randomly assigned to take lycopene or nothing for 30 days before their prostate operations. Before surgery, the volunteers showed no obvious signs that their cancer had spread. After surgery, the doctors found that cancer tissue was less likely to extend clear to the edges of the lycopene users' prostate glands. And pre-cancerous cells in their prostates were less abnormal-looking.

Originally posted by sheROCK@Mar 10 2006, 08:56 PM

so, it's 70 degrees outside and that makes you want to eat cherry tomatos?

when it's 70 degrees the last thing on my mind is a tomato

when you live in New York and it's been 30 degrees outside forever. 70 degrees is fucking heaven.

The weather didnt make me wanna munch tomatoes, I've just been digging them in general the past few days. But with the weather today it was dope as hell walking to the gym.

Originally posted by BEEFEATER+Mar 10 2006, 07:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BEEFEATER - Mar 10 2006, 07:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sheROCK@Mar 10 2006, 08:56 PM

so, it's 70 degrees outside and that makes you want to eat cherry tomatos?

when it's 70 degrees the last thing on my mind is a tomato

when you live in New York and it's been 30 degrees outside forever. 70 degrees is fucking heaven.

The weather didnt make me wanna munch tomatoes, I've just been digging them in general the past few days. But with the weather today it was dope as hell walking to the gym.

[/b]

no, no, no..i get that 70 degrees is heaven. it's been fuckin' snowing here. i've been waiting for 70, but why tomatoes?